Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

The injury to Nicky Locke is a concern and hopefully it’s a speedy recovery. BU seemed to lose their way slightly after he was forced off. Seemed a waste (although needs must) seeing him have to play centre back last season, but with the squad BU have assembled this season I really like Locke in defence playing out from the back. He’s a great defender and a calming influence on the whole team. Not much gets past him and barely breaks a sweat.

Next to nothing between the teams tonight and an enjoyable game to watch with 4 goals and both teams hitting the bar once. Bo’ness arguably should’ve won it. Both Stirling goals were a bit sloppy and soft ones to lose. Musa barely had a save to make beyond that and we probably had the more clear cut chances to win the game. It would’ve been a sore game to have lost but thankfully a tremendous free kick from Alasan Jones rescued a point. If I had to be critical I’d have to say I wasn’t entirely sold on Max’s substitutions, the timing of them or the subsequent reshuffle of the team. 

First real test of the season. The Uni are a very good fit young side and a draw was probably a fair result. 

Lastly, despite the usual shouts and disparaging remarks about some of the refereeing decisions; I thought the referee had a good game overall. Of course he didn’t get everything 100% spot on, but there were a few meaty tackles and physical tussles but not much dirty so he let a lot go. Would gladly have him every week ahead of all the dross that’ve been assigned our games over the past god knows how many seasons . 

Edited by 8MileBU

9 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

What was your crowd tonight? Hopefully the support would have been buoyant  by such a good start to the league campaign; winning your opening two matches.

No idea of the number but at a glance I’d say tonight was our best crowd so far this season and fingers crossed the number continues to increase.

21 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hopefully we see Keir McCauley get a game soon.

Would think that he will give a few who haven’t been in the starting lineups so far a game..
Your comment re the timing of the subs was greeted by the same question where I was standing and 
Lockes injury upset the back four for a time.

We also need to get support to Dan the man quicker he had 2 defenders on him with little help.

A few thoughts on the game...,

The Vale on the back of their 10-0 thrashing at Linlithgow certainly put a shift in today and although they didn't create a lot they made it uncomfortable for the BU's. 

The BU's probably expected to make a load of chances but alas sloppy play and passes thwarted them.  

All a bit "meh" particularly in midfield. 

Valuable game time for Johnston and McCauley.  Clean sheet. It stayed dry.  Roll on next Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A few thoughts on the game...,

The Vale on the back of their 10-0 thrashing at Linlithgow certainly put a shift in today and although they didn't create a lot they made it uncomfortable for the BU's. 

The BU's probably expected to make a load of chances but alas sloppy play and passes thwarted them.  

All a bit "meh" particularly in midfield. 

Valuable game time for Johnston and McCauley.  Clean sheet. It stayed dry.  Roll on next Saturday.

Despite the score midweek, todays result may suggest VoL might’ve still taken a bit out the Rose! 😁

Back to more important matters - Going by the Twitter feed it seems like Lennon Walker was subbed off quite early on. Did he take a knock or was it just a case of giving others game time?