Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

18 hours ago, boheesian said:

Spot on.

There are other ways to help the Club by joining the United Club, Player sponsorship, buy an extra treasure chest ticket or two. 

I know the club is largely run by volunteers so I want to be clear that I'm not blaming them for this, but the club could be better at advertising this stuff and how to sign up around the town and the ground. I've been heading to games for a couple years now after moving to Bo'ness and other than the Treasure Chest in Tesco I haven't seen much - I'm not on FB so I don't know if the info is available there about things like the United Club.

3 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

I know the club is largely run by volunteers so I want to be clear that I'm not blaming them for this, but the club could be better at advertising this stuff and how to sign up around the town and the ground. I've been heading to games for a couple years now after moving to Bo'ness and other than the Treasure Chest in Tesco I haven't seen much - I'm not on FB so I don't know if the info is available there about things like the United Club.

Club has FB and Twitter accounts. Need to be more proactive promoting the Club around the town.

8 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

The big side in Bo'ness aren't backwards at promoting themselves on social media etc.

Clear which team is progressing and which one regressing.

Tick Tock.

On 17/04/2023 at 14:28, dolly said:

Jambo, these “fans” have never once said anything positive about the club,  players or manager. Everyone knows we are working on a very tight budget and will cut our cloth accordingly so the negative attitude would suggest an alternative motive.

The club and players have never been the problem this season. Well, other than some silly avoidable player suspensions.

On 17/04/2023 at 17:37, Number seven said:

What are you suggesting?

I support the team but I do not believe that just because a player wears a blue jersey doesn’t mean he is any good,or beyond criticism.

I have no hidden agenda or anything of the sort ,so please refrain from even suggesting such nonsense.

It should not take money to win the Lowland league although I appreciate it helps.Better recruitment and coaching is surely possible even on a tight budget.

As I have previously said Bo’ness United have never been awash with money.Success has previously been achieved with good players.The reality is there are not enough in the current squad and resigning most of what is there is simply asking for more under achievement next season.

This happy clappy way of watching a team is simply sticking your head in the sand thinking that average players are going to improve.They won’t Just because they may be great guys to talk to etc.is not what it’s about.Give me 11 arseholes who produce better football  performances than have been witnessed the past two seasons any day of the week .
This is where a good man manager becomes invaluable.

Again, the players have never really been the problem this season. The recruitment wasn’t even the issue. It was the constant and often needless tinkering with the team. I don’t think it’s at all wild to suggest that the lack of continuity in the starting 11 is directly linked to the lack of consistency in performances and points.

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

The big side in Bo'ness aren't backwards at promoting themselves on social media etc.

Tick Tock.

Tick tock, much like your ticker.

Mind when you walked away from your team Auld Gravy Blood? You’re a laughing stock. Stick to throwing your considerable weight around your own team’s (when it suits) thread. 

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Again, the players have never really been the problem this season. The recruitment wasn’t even the issue. It was the constant and often needless tinkering with the team. I don’t think it’s at all wild to suggest that the lack of continuity in the starting 11 is directly linked to the lack of consistency in performances and points.

The last few games have seen a more consistent team selection 

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

The club and players have never been the problem this season. Well, other than some silly avoidable player suspensions.

Mind when you walked away from your team Auld Gravy Blood? You’re a laughing stock. Stick to throwing your considerable weight around your own team’s (when it suits) thread. 

Aww diddums - are you raging?

Sticks and stones, your personal attacks don't bother me, I'm an adult afterall I can take it, without resorting to stalking posts with Red Dots.

Edited by Auld Heid

13 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Tick Tock.

Most of the stuff I see online about them is how they play against pub teams, so if you call that progress crack on.

11 hours ago, John S said:

The last few games have seen a more consistent team selection 

Better performances and better results. Now this could just be a coincidence but….

11 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Sticks and stones, your personal attacks don't bother me, I'm an adult afterall I can take it, without resorting to stalking posts with Red Dots.

Well you sure fooled everyone there. Well done.

On 19/04/2023 at 19:45, Auld Heid said:

Tick Tock.

Worst comes we could resurrect under the same name. Wouldn’t be the first club, ain’t that right big yin?

13 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

You’re an Adult are you? When you have a dig at a Children’s Fair Festival you really need to grow up. 

On 20/04/2023 at 00:13, 8MileBU said:

What a crass comment to make about someone's health, think before you post 

The deficiencies in the BU's team were there for all to see today.   

No cover for the fullbacks. No creativity in the midfield.  No threat up front. 

First half fairly even but second half we were really poor.   

Don't expect to see Lenny Walker in the cup games....,.looked a bad injury.

6 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The deficiencies in the BU's team were there for all to see today.   

No cover for the fullbacks. No creativity in the midfield.  No threat up front. 

First half fairly even but second half we were really poor.   

Don't expect to see Lenny Walker in the cup games....,.looked a bad injury.

Just back to normal service