Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

22 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fitbaw is a results based business........and the BU's are doing the business just now.   

Too little too late though Dave.

When it matters mid season the results fall off a cliff.

Next season it has to be so much better.

1 hour ago, Number seven said:

A wins a win though.

That’s now Little undefeated in 5, a feat he also done at the start of the season.

40 minutes ago, John S said:

Oops! The announcer got it wrong. It was a Hawkins goal 

Not often our excellent announcer gets it wrong John.     To confuse matters further the Official BU Twitter had McArthur as the scorer too.

#SackTheCommsTeam #LOL

21 hours ago, Number seven said:

Seriously?  We have now clinched 9th place in the league which, for some, seems to be a poor season.  Just how many of of the teams who have finished above us do you realistically see us being ahead of?

CSS perhaps but we have to be fair on the lads.  They have done well this season and I wouldn't rule out another League Cup Final. 

9 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Seriously?  We have now clinched 9th place in the league which, for some, seems to be a poor season.  Just how many of of the teams who have finished above us do you realistically see us being ahead of?

CSS perhaps but we have to be fair on the lads.  They have done well this season and I wouldn't rule out another League Cup Final. 

If we’d played like the start and end of the season I think we could be a few places higher, but we didn’t. We could crawl up another place if results go our way in final games. Way the team’s playing at the moment agree about League cup

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Wow , we will be talking about that in years to come surely !

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I feared this type of thinking would come to the fore if a change of manager managed to get some favourable results .

All this wee run has done is paper over the gaping cracks that will still be there if this squad is not vastly improved.

It is not advisable to get carried away with wins when it matters little.Players these days down tools early,signing pre contracts for next season at other clubs etc.

We must improve next season when it really matters by being far more consistent mid season especially when all teams are at full throttle.

The standard of the Lowland league this season has dropped off and that includes the hated B teams who have shown little quality so ninth place is poor Jambo in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Number seven said:

I feared this type of thinking would come to the fore if a change of manager managed to get some favourable results .

All this wee run has done is paper over the gaping cracks that will still be there if this squad is not vastly improved.

It is not advisable to get carried away with wins when it matters little.Players these days down tools early,signing pre contracts for next season at other clubs etc.

We must improve next season when it really matters by being far more consistent mid season especially when all teams are at full throttle.

The standard of the Lowland league this season has dropped off and that includes the hated B teams who have shown little quality so ninth place is poor Jambo in my opinion.

I feared that this type of fan would never be happy.  Because you can't criticise Little for his start and end to the season, you jump on the middle for your moan.

You think the squad needs vastly improved.  Who exactly has overrun us this season, outwith the gruesome twosome?

Of course we want to do better but please, some credit to the guys instead of all the moaning.

2 hours ago, seenitall said:

Wow , we will be talking about that in years to come surely !

Why do you bother pretending you are a BU fan.  It's not a celebration but an acknowledgement that we have reached such a position, when we are punching above our weight financially.

Never said they were overrun in games .They keep finding ways to lose when it really counts.

I do not think this or last season deserves praise as there has been no improvement at all.

If that is seen as moaning then so be it .

I will continue to express my opinions (moans)until this club that I love play better and winning football.

23 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

I feared that this type of fan would never be happy.  Because you can't criticise Little for his start and end to the season, you jump on the middle for your moan.

You think the squad needs vastly improved.  Who exactly has overrun us this season, outwith the gruesome twosome?

Of course we want to do better but please, some credit to the guys instead of all the moaning.

Why do you bother pretending you are a BU fan.  It's not a celebration but an acknowledgement that we have reached such a position, when we are punching above our weight financially.

Absolute nonsense , if you don’t win the league or get relegated the position you finish is pretty irrelevant especially if it’s half way down the league .

I am a BU fan from an early age , no pretending , can you say that ?

Note you were quick to get back with my comment there but never answered my last one to you .

You wrote -

The clubs with low running costs can greedily take the money but we have to pay extra rent for having these three in. 

I asked how that could be ?

35 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Absolute nonsense , if you don’t win the league or get relegated the position you finish is pretty irrelevant especially if it’s half way down the league .

I am a BU fan from an early age , no pretending , can you say that ?

Note you were quick to get back with my comment there but never answered my last one to you .

You wrote -

The clubs with low running costs can greedily take the money but we have to pay extra rent for having these three in. 

I asked how that could be ?

From your knowledge on this matter, it seems apparent you are part of the NPA committee, as you know the rental side.

Trying to boast you are a fan of many years doesn't cut the mustard when all I have ever seen you write on here is criticism of the team.  Not once have you praised them for a winning performance.  Why is that, oh super fan?