Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

6 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

How's this for a different perspective on Little:

• Has experienced being the manager on a number of occasions and hasn't felt comfortable with it.
  • Likes coaching rather than dealing with all the baggage that comes with being a manager.
  • Through loyalty to Bo'ness stayed after Max left and steadied the ship.
  • Now wants to go back to coaching and was delighted when Max got in touch.

Cheers Ian

4 hours ago, YirTea'sOot said:

The ship didn't really need steadying, it was just drifting aimlessly. No chance of the league or relegation and only the League Cup to play for which to give credit where credit's due, Little and the team were a penalty kick away from winning.

Debatable

Getting the right manager in is going to so important. I know we don’t have wads of cash but we should have been doing better than we did. Crowds dropping off has probably not helped our budget either. We don’t have a sugar daddy so we need to get our crowds up and that means a good start. A big challenge whoever gets the job

Disappointed to see Little go, from the time he had in charge there was a lot to get excited about compared to Max in his last 18 months. Hopefully get a replacement sorted quickly to not derail the summer too much.

Good luck to the lads going to Tranent if the rumours are true, can't blame them for taking the cash. If Max can't get more out of them than he did here though then it might not be a title charge for them.

2 hours ago, boheesian said:

One question still remains unanswered, why did he contact United, when according to Beachboy”Tranent where on an upward curve since 2015”?
Interesting, Tranent have gone through 6 managers and now on their 7th in that period. Maybe he who pays the piper calls the tune

There is no doubt about that pretty sure it will end in tears 😭 😭 

1 hour ago, Slabs said:

There is no doubt about that pretty sure it will end in tears 😭 😭 

It almost did end in tears when we were languishing near the foot of the Old East second division.I,m positive that you were all just as concerned then😉

15 hours ago, boheesian said:

So app 13k for a 40 week season.. Whith a squad of around 20 - though not everyone on the same wage - it’s still going to be a heft amount. I if you’ve got it flaunt it.

Max will be paying a few out his own pocket

11 hours ago, Yodanumber1 said:

Max will be paying a few out his own pocket

If he wants to throw cash around playing football manager that’s fine. Just glad it’s no longer here

1 hour ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

really is a horrible position to be in, other clubs making signings and pre season preparation and BU's left searching again for a manager

And putting players on contract extensions without a manager being in place.. what happens if new manager doesn't fancy players that are extending.. bizarre 😳🤔

2 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

And putting players on contract extensions without a manager being in place.. what happens if new manager doesn't fancy players that are extending.. bizarre 😳🤔

He sells them. Most staying on had already signed I believe 

13 minutes ago, John S said:

He sells them. Most staying on had already signed I believe 

Correct,  Shittle was in place when extensions were signed, according to an earlier post.

Edited by boheesian

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The "fault" for this mess lies with Max Christie AND Ian Little.  The former offered a position, the later accepted it.   Pair of chunts.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The "fault" for this mess lies with Max Christie AND Ian Little.  The former offered a position, the later accepted it.   Pair of chunts.

Correct

On 30/05/2023 at 15:37, Bu bri said:

Getting the right manager in is going to so important. I know we don’t have wads of cash but we should have been doing better than we did. Crowds dropping off has probably not helped our budget either. We don’t have a sugar daddy so we need to get our crowds up and that means a good start. A big challenge whoever gets the job

Derek Ure will get the job