Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

The BU's were given a good test at Broxburn. The home side probably should have taken an early lead and gone on to score at least 3 goals today but a combination of solid goalkeeping and poor finishing frustrated them.

The BU's played plenty of decent Fitbaw and ran out comfortable winners. Dan Watt had a real battle up top with the 2 Broxy centrehalfs but he was dominant and again impressed me with his overall play. My MOTM.

Low point was the Broxy boy getting stretchered off with a serious ankle injury. Jumped up for a high ball and landed cleanly on one foot but with a scream before he collapsed to the ground. One of those very unfortunate serious injuries.

So 4 preseason games played and 4 victories. Spoke to a few of the BU faithful and there's a lot of positivity about the team. Max has strengthened the team significantly and there's a good blend of strength and skill in the team.

What's our strongest 11 ? Well 9 places for me are settled.

Only 2 positions up for grabs.

3- left back ? Ward or McCauley
6- defensive midfield ? Hughes, Gemmell or Johnston

1 Musa
2 McCormack
4 Todd
5 Coll
7 Grant
8 Alasson
9 Watt
10 Hamilton
11 Stevenson

...............what no Nicky Locke I hear you mutter.......fear not Nicky fans I am sure he will force his way back into the team.

Decent game with both clubs rebuilding and looking to improve on their last seasons performances.

Max will be pleased with at least getting 4 friendlies played, 4 wins with 20 goals scored but his headache will be his first team selection of the season.

Ward at left back for me.

Thought it was a poor game today. Back 4 very flat and square, very little movement in midfield with laboured passing, big centre forward was the main threat but nobody getting close enough to work off him.  2 good goals in 2nd and 3rd but will need more to compete better in League.