There was a coo

Went to the Haws game today, cracking steak pie and half time entertainment was purchasing the new home top! 🐄

Lovey got the full 90! Might take a few games for the fans to warm up to him though 😅

Gala comfortable on the ball and smartly passing around the Haws press.

Semple's were so so, very good at using their bodies in challenges.

Main threat was Gospel when he came on!

I'd like to think we'd take more than 1 point of Gala next season!

Just now, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Went to the Haws game today, cracking steak pie and half time entertainment was purchasing the new home top! 🐄

Lovey got the full 90! Might take a few games for the fans to warm up to him though 😅

Heard the Haws pies are coming from a different place this season meant to be good.

30 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

We were there as well, first time visitor, cracking wee ground.  They had Doner pies as the guest pie, so regret not having a pie now.😩

Decided to go as know the Gala goalkeeper Jay Cantley a little bit and he played the full 90.  If the Haws players had not blazed a number of shots high and wide, could have been a different story. The Gala second from about half way was a cracking finish.

Thought Stuart Love was fairly quiet overall.

It was a bit weird doing our usual routine of going over the bridge, getting a bit of lunch, but not going to Central Park 🤣

Only £3 for the friendly and a £1 programme, good value day out.

Edited by Cowdenleith

28 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Heard the Haws pies are coming from a different place this season meant to be good.

Yeah they had a wee sign on a blackboard saying that, but I can’t remember the name of the butcher.  Now totally regretting not sampling.

15 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

We were there as well, first time visitor, cracking wee ground.  They had Doner pies as the guest pie, so regret not having a pie now.😩

Decided to go as know the Gala goalkeeper Jay Cantley a little bit and he played the full 90.  If the Haws players had not blazed a number of shots high and wide, could have been a different story. The Gala second from about half way was a cracking finish.

It was a bit weird doing our usual routine of going over the bridge, getting a bit of lunch, but not going to Central Park 🤣

Glad you enjoyed it. My mum came from there so have a wee spot for them, my Granddad was one of the guys who formed the original club in the 50s.

My grans house was just along from the park and when I was young it was just an open field which they have built up over the years, I was at Ochilview today but my mate gave me a report on the pies😀

Edited by cowdenbeath

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I missed that one from the half way line?? I should have waited for the half time whistle before popping to CP!!🤣 Wondered why the Haws change keepers for the 2nd half!

It is a cracker of a ground, apart from drainage the only other negative is the potential to get poleaxed by the barriers like the Gala boy did in the 2nd half.. definitely a deliberate shove!

Jay certainly didn't have much to do!

I'm hoping to add the swifts ground next week if I don't go to work!

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Glad you enjoyed it. My mum came from there so have a wee spot for them, my Granddad was one of the guys who formed the original club in the 50s.

My grans house was just along from the park and when I was young it was just an open field which they have built up over the years, I was at Ochilview today but my mate gave me a report on the pies😀

Ah brilliant, can see why you would having that connection. 

Interesting that it wasn’t always a proper enclosed wee ground, it has that old style feel to it, great being really close to the action, got to keep alert in case a ball comes towards you quickly. 🤣

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

You getting ViP at ochilview????

Seems to be the same old lads there everytime I've been. They aren't a fan of players cutting holes in the back of their socks 🤣

2 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

You getting ViP at ochilview????

Seems to be the same old lads there everytime I've been. They aren't a fan of players cutting holes in the back of their socks 🤣

Reporting duty!!

8 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

I missed that one from the half way line?? I should have waited for the half time whistle before popping to CP!!🤣 Wondered why the Haws change keepers for the 2nd half!

It is a cracker of a ground, apart from drainage the only other negative is the potential to get poleaxed by the barriers like the Gala boy did in the 2nd half.. definitely a deliberate shove!

To be fair I didn’t think the goalie was too far off his line as they had possession, but quickly gave it away leaving him a bit stranded, it was really well struck.  There was someone filming the game from the wee gantry, not sure if they will put the goals up at some point, like to see it again.

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Ah brilliant, can see why you would having that connection. 

Interesting that it wasn’t always a proper enclosed wee ground, it has that old style feel to it, great being really close to the action, got to keep alert in case a ball comes towards you quickly. 🤣

The current chairman who has been there from day one in 1975 is a builder and has more or less built the ground from nothing to what it is now over the years.

34 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Was at the game as well, very entertaining and value for money.  Haws certainly had their chances 1st half and really should have done better in front of goal. Surprised to see Lewis Payne only getting last 15mins or so, possibly carrying a knock. Thought the big lad semple didn't break sweat against the haws back line. Fingers crossed haws get off to a fast start in league or it could be a long season for them. Squad looked very light on numbers.. 

20 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

I opted for swifts vs newburgh today, a cracking set up they have once through the gates. Nice little ticket office with merchandise for sale then up a-bit a nice food hut very cheap also. Swifts a tall physical side. Had a squad of 20 bodies so they kept the starting 11 fresh at all times with it being rolling subs. 5-0 victory for them but majority goals were gifts from newburgh.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

I opted for swifts vs newburgh today, a cracking set up they have once through the gates. Nice little ticket office with merchandise for sale then up a-bit a nice food hut very cheap also. Swifts a tall physical side. Had a squad of 20 bodies so they kept the starting 11 fresh at all times with it being rolling subs. 5-0 victory for them but majority goals were gifts from newburgh.

Nice, will be worth the visit next weekend!

Swifts seem to be a youthful squad and have had a few Kinross lads play for them over the years!

Our former loanee Robbie Deas older brother plays for them at CB, Calum Deas!

Did Osbourne play today?

Newburgh will need to be ticked off some point this season!

1 hour ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Nice, will be worth the visit next weekend!

Swifts seem to be a youthful squad and have had a few Kinross lads play for them over the years!

Our former loanee Robbie Deas older brother plays for them at CB, Calum Deas!

Did Osbourne play today?

Newburgh will need to be ticked off some point this season!

Yeah Osbourne played last 20mins centre half, dealt with all long balls. I go newburgh every free week we have as my brother in law plays for them. Again a nice basic set up cheap hospitality aswell. The place itself has little to offer and ground is right next to water so gives arbroath vibes when it’s windy🤣