There was a coo

I thought overall the ref was ok today. He tried to keep the game moving, there were a few times where he let the play run, and would pull it back if there was no advantage, mostly in our favour, sensible refereeing.  Maybe a little fussy with a couple of bookings but generally ok.  That doesn’t go for the stand side linesman who looked about 14, completely indecisive, half the time he was looking to the referee before he made his call.

One thing I forgot about, not sure if anyone else had a good view?

We sat in the old stand as it was peeing down at the start, and I was convinced that the corner on the stand side that led to their first goal given by the teenage lino was a goal kick to us.

We were pretty close to it and I was sure it wasn’t a corner. I’ve been wrong before though and will be again. 🤣

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I timed the goal at 93 so overall 4 added.

No idea why complaints of added on time for a goal in 93 mins.

Decent crowd which is encouraging. Shoots of improvements are visible, but for as long as football has been a sport the saying has been if you dont take your chances it can come back to haunt you. 
No point blaming the ref, only the team to blame. 

17 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

No idea why complaints of added on time for a goal in 93 mins.

Decent crowd which is encouraging. Shoots of improvements are visible, but for as long as football has been a sport the saying has been if you dont take your chances it can come back to haunt you. 
No point blaming the ref, only the team to blame. 

Your right you have to take your chances, although we were unlucky with the one which hit the bar, also it was a cracking save from the deflected free kick.

On the positive side one of only four unbeaten sides in the league.

16 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Your right you have to take your chances, although we were unlucky with the one which hit the bar, also it was a cracking save from the deflected free kick.

On the positive side one of only four unbeaten sides in the league.

Without winning any of the first 6 competitive games, it’s still possible to take a lot of positivity from the performances and even some of the results. 
Need to win some games soon and everything will be rosy regarding the start to the season. 

13 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Without winning any of the first 6 competitive games, it’s still possible to take a lot of positivity from the performances and even some of the results. 
Need to win some games soon and everything will be rosy regarding the start to the season. 

There are a lot of positives out of the loses the first was in the first game the team played together and the second against a side who finished 6th in last season's Premiership both by one goal.

We have a decent squad who are good to watch.

f**k me football is right annoying.

I thought we played well in the large parts of the game against a good side. Players were willing to be brave and take boys on and everyone worked their arse off. At the level we are at, it’s hard to ask for too much more than that. However we should see that game out - a free header is criminal.

The ref had a good fame, the Lino was fine too. They are all mic’d up and talking constantly.

Shout out for the club shop. Some great stuff and very good prices.

RIP the Goth.

32 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Enjoyed the game, never thought we weren't going to win. Can't complain about the extra time although it was too much (I timed it too ) but the same for both teams.

Shame, a decent turn out considering the weather.

Its good that people are starting to comeback.

Just like to give a shout out to @silkybeath and family, and anyone else who helps with the club shop. 

Lots of new stock, different stuff seems to be coming in all the time. Elise was wanting one of those ‘coo print’ bucket hats so we had to make sure we were in sharp in the hope of snagging one, and she did.

Also, there were a couple of boxes of old player tops/training kit and things, and there was a yellow goalie top from 21/22 season with number 17 on it.  I said it couldn’t be her favourite Cammy Gill’s shirt with him being number 1, but we’ll get it anyway. 

Was flicking through programmes last night from that season, and what do I find but a photo of Cammy with number 17 on it when he came on for Craig McDowall who got injured in the first half against Stirling in April. So she’s claiming it as a match worn Cammy shirt now. 😀

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just like to give a shout out to @silkybeath and family, and anyone else who helps with the club shop. 

Lots of new stock, different stuff seems to be coming in all the time. Elise was wanting one of those ‘coo print’ bucket hats so we had to make sure we were in sharp in the hope of snagging one, and she did.

Also, there were a couple of boxes of old player tops/training kit and things, and there was a yellow goalie top from 21/22 season with number 17 on it.  I said it couldn’t be her favourite Cammy Gill’s shirt with him being number 1, but we’ll get it anyway. 

Was flicking through programmes last night from that season, and what do I find but a photo of Cammy with number 17 on it when he came on for Craig McDowall who got injured in the first half against Stirling in April. So she’s claiming it as a match worn Cammy shirt now. 😀

I forgot about Craig McDowall.

16 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I forgot about Craig McDowall.

Yeah Craig got a few starts, got injured in his third start after about half an hour from memory, Cammy kept his place for the rest of the season (not that there was a lot of the season left) and Craig didn’t get another start.

Strange he didn’t get a club for 22/23 as was only just past 30, and had played a decent level, perhaps he just wasn’t bothered with the grind, as I don’t think he had played that season up to when Maurice Ross picked him up early in 2022.

Edited by Cowdenleith

46 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah Craig got a few starts, got injured in his third start after about half an hour from memory, Cammy kept his place for the rest of the season (not that there was a lot of the season left) and Craig didn’t get another start.

Strange he didn’t get a club for 22/23 as was only just past 30, and had played a decent level, perhaps he just wasn’t bothered with the grind, as I don’t think he had played that season up to when Maurice Ross picked him up early in 2022.

McDowall hasn't played many games in his career - has always been a number 2.

Could someone at the club, or with links to the club shop, please help me?

Reading the above post about old player shirts in the shop, I'm after a few shirts at the moment and was wondering what is available? I'd love a striped player shirt, based on the classic 70s top that I helped inspire the return of a few years back, along with a shirt or two from the last year in the league, and something from last season as well if possible, plus a new training jacket as all mine are a bit worn now. If anyone could either let me know what is available and if I could possibly send money to someone to grab me a few bits next time I'm down - or directly to the club - then any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Reading the above post about old player shirts in the shop, I'm after a few shirts at the moment and was wondering what is available? I'd love a striped player shirt, based on the classic 70s top that I helped inspire the return of a few years back, along with a shirt or two from the last year in the league, and something from last season as well if possible, plus a new training jacket as all mine are a bit worn now. If anyone could either let me know what is available and if I could possibly send money to someone to grab me a few bits next time I'm down - or directly to the club - then any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Up until very recently Football Nation had last season’s home and away tops on sale half price. They had various sizes, though not all sizes now available.

They seem to have disappeared now from the website but you could always email or give them a call in case might have some still in their stock room.  I’ve ordered quite a lot kids football gear from them over last couple of years and they are very helpful.

EBay has quite a few random Cowdenbeath shirts from different years, some reasonably priced, pot luck with the sizes of course.  There seems to be quite a few shirt sellers from Ukraine strangely enough (where do they get them?!) but they have really good feedback so must be genuine and ship to the UK without issues (not tried myself I must add).

Edit : Just realised you were talking about player shirts, so you can ignore the bit about Football Nation. EBay has one or two that might be player worn I think.

Edited by Cowdenleith

They were selling some player shirts at the Gala a couple of weeks back. I don't remember seeing any of the blue n white stried kit. No idea what strips were available to be honest as I left after the gazebo went up. 

Edited by The Minertaur

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Cheers

The shop, unfortunately has none of the striped strips. There are players worn black tops for £10 and white shorts from last season selling for £5. There are also training tops for £20. 

I have attached a couple of pictures.

Thanks 

Gordon 

20230808_194200.jpg

20230808_194231.jpg