There was a coo

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

If mcnab, butterworth, hepburn, doc, josh jack, gregor jordan, walker and dougie all started then yes I would agree, but we field a weak side with jack duncan and jack tait starting centre half. Nothing to worry about😂😂

Hmmm. Better hope we don't get too many injuries to the regular backs during the season. We do look a bit light still on defenders.

Edited by ronaldincoo

When's is the next draw for this cup?

Pretty sure only Raith have beaten Kelty so far.

Before it used to be all the youth fielded, but, it's good to give a run about to the players on the bench. Tait could be relied upon for the next set of lowland league games... I also believe he will be the first player out in January.

Does anyone know who the trialist was? Jack replaced in the 2nd half

Edited by CowdenMiners1204

Think we play winners of dunfermline vs st andrews. Date will need tbc once those 2 play.

As for the game fans getting value anyway..lol. 

Defensively it was a makeshift defence with tait playing left centre back when he's probably never played there before.

Walker pulled up during warm up. Aiden mclauglin is out for likely 4 to 6 weeks with an injury. Rodden is suspended this weekend and let's see what develops with him in terms of maybe further ban he has been a first class recruitment and will be a massive blow to us..

Good to get some boys minutes and mikey scoring on his 2nd debut.

Good to win a pen shoot out for a change!.

Onto Saturday which will be a tough game edi uni are better than last year for sure and have a good coach who is their new manager. Hopefully 3 points and get the unbeaten run continuing.

Mon the cowden.

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

Hmmm. Better hope we don't get too many injuries to the regular backs during the season. We do look a bit light still on defenders.

Fear not Cowden fans. Nelly and our Physio are decent defenders who can hold the fort until injuries, etc

6 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Think we play winners of dunfermline vs st andrews. Date will need tbc once those 2 play.

As for the game fans getting value anyway..lol. 

Defensively it was a makeshift defence with tait playing left centre back when he's probably never played there before.

Walker pulled up during warm up. Aiden mclauglin is out for likely 4 to 6 weeks with an injury. Rodden is suspended this weekend and let's see what develops with him in terms of maybe further ban he has been a first class recruitment and will be a massive blow to us..

Good to get some boys minutes and mikey scoring on his 2nd debut.

Good to win a pen shoot out for a change!.

Onto Saturday which will be a tough game edi uni are better than last year for sure and have a good coach who is their new manager. Hopefully 3 points and get the unbeaten run continuing.

Mon the cowden.

Shouldn't be a tough game though against a side who have lost their opening 4 games and shipped 18 goals. We have shown we can compete with higher league opposition so hopefully that shows on Saturday whilst obviously not underestimating Edin Uni from the points you have made.

My expectations are 3 points on Saturday and nothing less for me based on our form, being at home and Edinburgh position and start to the Lowland league. Looking forward to it 

In regards to Fife Cup  if vs Dunfermline hopefully a good turnout to help the club. Are away gates shared do we know?

Edited by Cowden316

25 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Are all their players students? Don't think so.

I think they will be although maybe some work at the university.

I remember years ago Neil Irvine was a player / coach with them so they have had the odd non student.

Just watched the Strollers highlights,  couldn’t bear to watch that injury time equaliser before.

Two points;

- We should have had a second penalty on the stroke of half time, Dougie Hill totally got taken out by one of their defenders.

- That save their goalie had from the deflected free kick, where he twisted back to get it was a thing of wonder.

Well, a third point, we should have f*&£ing won that game. 😩

That is all 😀

19 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just watched the Strollers highlights,  couldn’t bear to watch that injury time equaliser before.

Two points;

- We should have had a second penalty on the stroke of half time, Dougie Hill totally got taken out by one of their defenders.

- That save their goalie had from the deflected free kick, where he twisted back to get it was a thing of wonder.

Well, a third point, we should have f*&£ing won that game. 😩

That is all 😀

Strollers are never easy to beat, Gary Jardine is probably the best manager in the league. Still, you have a chance to go on a wee run, especially with your next 2 games at home, and against teams who you would normally fancy yourself against.

30 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Strollers are never easy to beat, Gary Jardine is probably the best manager in the league. Still, you have a chance to go on a wee run, especially with your next 2 games at home, and against teams who you would normally fancy yourself against.

I didn’t like the way Strollers played in the game, sure I said that back on the thread after the game, so I for that reason I’m fairly pleased that Gary Jardine didn’t end up at Central Park. 

I suppose he is maybe restricted in his style of play by the type of players he can sign under their budget, which must be quite tight. 

I hope we will have too much for Edinburgh Uni on Saturday, think Broomhill might be a tricky one though.

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I didn’t like the way Strollers played in the game, sure I said that back on the thread after the game, so I for that reason I’m fairly pleased that Gary Jardine didn’t end up at Central Park. 

I suppose he is maybe restricted in his style of play by the type of players he can sign under their budget, which must be quite tight. 

I hope we will have too much for Edinburgh Uni on Saturday, think Broomhill might be a tricky one though.

The only thing I will say about Gary is that he does well with a very limited budget, and perhaps his team set-up reflects that. I think if he was working with a bigger budget and better players he may change his style.

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

He does well with probably very little to work with budget wise , his style is very much Terry Christie at Meadowbank.

8 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. I feel we need to win this one to keep our confidence up. Anything else would be disappointing. 

Me too, we should really have too much for them if play as we have recently. Daughter switched to Saturday football now a bit older, game at Tranent in the morning, so a bit of a dash up the city bypass and over the bridge. We will make it I’m sure.