There was a coo

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

318 which was decent for a midweek considering I didn’t see any away fans.

Good crowd, all the league crowds (none with away fans of any note) have been decent, long may it continue and grow.

Sounds like the team were very unlucky tonight. Broomhill Twitter were raving about their goalkeeper’s performance.   

Pretty sure there were some Broomhill fans there tonight. They have  a good keeper and a solid back four. Our only failing tonight was to go for that one extra pass or touch instead of pulling the trigger. Dougies injury unfortunate and when Macnab dropped into defence we lost a bit of control in midfield. Calum was quick to see this and correct it. Thought the subs did ok when they came on. We have a really good one for all spirit.

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Good crowd, all the league crowds (none with away fans of any note) have been decent, long may it continue and grow.

Sounds like the team were very unlucky tonight. Broomhill Twitter were raving about their goalkeeper’s performance.   

Keeper was good especially in the first half.

Broomhill are effective at what they do a bit like Strollers, although you would probably break you neck watching a game between the two of them.

2 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Pretty sure there were some Broomhill fans there tonight. They have  a good keeper and a solid back four. Our only failing tonight was to go for that one extra pass or touch instead of pulling the trigger. Dougies injury unfortunate and when Macnab dropped into defence we lost a bit of control in midfield. Calum was quick to see this and correct it. Thought the subs did ok when they came on. We have a really good one for all spirit.

Think they had about 8 or so in the directors box from what I saw.

Have to admit I’m fascinated to see what sort of crowd they will have at the Rock when we play them.

15 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I think (not 100%) that streams are allowed of any games that are not 3pm on a Saturday.

Would have loved a stream tonight, even without commentary, but the costs to arrange are maybe too much for a limited potential audience.

No idea what the cost would be but you would think it wouldn’t really be viable.

That was a tough watch.

As previously said Broomhill are like Civil Service in that they are not pretty to watch but it’s effective. Their keeper had  a good game.

The tackle on Zac near the dugout looked a red card to me, two footed tackle with both feet off the ground.

Injuries seem to be piling up now and Dougie added tonight to the list.

All in all, a disappointing night but now only us and £ast £ilbride unbeaten, at least till Saturday !

6 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

That was a tough watch.

As previously said Broomhill are like Civil Service in that they are not pretty to watch but it’s effective. Their keeper had  a good game.

The tackle on Zac near the dugout looked a red card to me, two footed tackle with both feet off the ground.

Injuries seem to be piling up now and Dougie added tonight to the list.

All in all, a disappointing night but now only us and £ast £ilbride unbeaten, at least till Saturday !

I thought it could have been a red considering some of the things some of the yellows were for.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It's a shame you play East Kilbride at the same time Dunfermline v Raith is on. I'm sure a few Pars and Rovers fans would have went along to watch it if it didn't clash (I'm assuming it's at Stadio Centrale?).

Negative. Away match.

We are playing well. Some good offensive football that is pleasing to the eye. This is completely different from the last few seasons where we were mostly set up to steal games which was eye bleeding stuff. It’s a breath of fresh air and I now look forward to going to the football. Talking to a few on the terracing they are saying the same. After the game you know you’ve been entertained and the players have given their all. That’s how our attendances have improved and that should continue. 

Really happy to hear positive comments. The boys and the management and club are genuinely working their arses off trying to get a winning team on the pitch. Trying to get the right players to the club is key and we have done really well in getting a lot of key targets and our efforts there are starting to pay off.

Last night was a bruising game real mens football match for what is a young squad really without Dougie and Robbie. 

We should have won but best thing was to dig deep and ensure we didnt lose that game so a clean sheet was pleasing. We have some real talent in that dressing room and a manager who is playing a really attractive style and high tempo which fans love to see.

I think also you can see the League cup campaign is starting to take its toll slightly with more injuries and knocks and fatigue. These boys are proper fit and we got stronger as game went on so credit to them. 

We have 4/5 injuries now sadly so may look to bring in 1 or 2 more if finances allow to help the squad. Lot of working right now going into that. 

P.S who picked the MOTM did they not watch Robbie Mcnab or Zac butterworth lol..

43 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Really happy to hear positive comments. The boys and the management and club are genuinely working their arses off trying to get a winning team on the pitch. Trying to get the right players to the club is key and we have done really well in getting a lot of key targets and our efforts there are starting to pay off.

Last night was a bruising game real mens football match for what is a young squad really without Dougie and Robbie. 

We should have won but best thing was to dig deep and ensure we didnt lose that game so a clean sheet was pleasing. We have some real talent in that dressing room and a manager who is playing a really attractive style and high tempo which fans love to see.

I think also you can see the League cup campaign is starting to take its toll slightly with more injuries and knocks and fatigue. These boys are proper fit and we got stronger as game went on so credit to them. 

We have 4/5 injuries now sadly so may look to bring in 1 or 2 more if finances allow to help the squad. Lot of working right now going into that. 

P.S who picked the MOTM did they not watch Robbie Mcnab or Zac butterworth lol..

Robbie was an absolute machine last night. His best game and that is saying something, as he is class every game.

Wee Zak was unplayable at times. He did have a 20min period where he made a few wrong decisions but we can let him away with this.😁

Also thought Doc had a very good game, particularly first half. He just needs to get a goal from open play and things will start going for him. Unlucky with blocks etc.

Edited by silkybeath

2 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

It was Cowden in the Community who were sponsors so someone from there.

I would have gone for either Zac or Robbie myself but everyone sees things differently I suppose.

Probably shows how far on we have come that we can debate man of the match awards given how good a squad we have.

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was Cowden in the Community who were sponsors so someone from there.

I would have gone for either Zac or Robbie myself but everyone sees things differently I suppose.

Probably shows how far on we have come that we can debate man of the match awards given how good a squad we have.

Scottie had a stinker last night. All his previous performances showcased that he's probably going to end up back in the leagues soon.

Saturdays match with the oystercatchers is going to be a cracker 🔥 both teams are a lot better than they were last year!

Despite some players not being available, I don't see any reason why we can't go there and get a point/s. I would feel confident of 3 points if we didn't have these injuries.

As long as the coo leave everything out on the pitch I will be extremely proud regardless of a victory, draw or a defeat.

The key is keeping McNab in midfield, so hopefully the recruits will be for the back line.

Do they have a supporters club at K-park? Any bar recommendations near to the ground?

25 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Saturdays match with the oystercatchers is going to be a cracker 🔥 both teams are a lot better than they were last year!

Despite some players not being available, I don't see any reason why we can't go there and get a point/s. I would feel confident of 3 points if we didn't have these injuries.

As long as the coo leave everything out on the pitch I will be extremely proud regardless of a victory, draw or a defeat.

The key is keeping McNab in midfield, so hopefully the recruits will be for the back line.

Do they have a supporters club at K-park? Any bar recommendations near to the ground?

There's a rugby club just over from it think you can get in there.

25 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

There is a social club at the rugby which is just about a minute walk away from the ground