There was a coo

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Cheers shame its not nearer the centre of the town but I don't suppose there is much land for a football stadium there.

Good shout, the possibility of near the existing EK Thistle Show Park in the village was explored.  Knocked back  by  Roads Dept, really no room , or as you say anywhere else near Town Centre. 

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Cheers shame its not nearer the centre of the town but I don't suppose there is much land for a football stadium there.

The showpark (ek thistles home ground) is right in the heart of the village. Ideal location for pubs, restraunts, social clubs etc. There were serious talks about ekfc redeveloping and moving there before they built kpark. Plans and everything were in place. But it never happened for a variety of reasons. But it would have been the perfect spot. Would have been a far better match day experience with better transport link ups. But what do i know.😁

3 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

The showpark (ek thistles home ground) is right in the heart of the village. Ideal location for pubs, restraunts, social clubs etc. There were serious talks about ekfc redeveloping and moving there before they built kpark. Plans and everything were in place. But it never happened for a variety of reasons. But it would have been the perfect spot. Would have been a far better match day experience with better transport link ups. But what do i know.😁

Never been at the Showpark one on my list.

Just now, johnmc80 said:

Correct John,  but as I said kibosh by Council Roads Dept. Their just isn't any room to expand roads around area to cope with a  stadium,  nature of the beast in the village as you know. Anyway here's hoping the Community Stadium at last gets green light . Agree not ideal location,  but sure will be well worth the bother.

11 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

The ground itself isn’t great. Needs a good bit of money spent on it. But its in heart of village with plenty of places round about it to cater for all.

I just like going to different grounds good and bad.

Bit off topic guys but I'm taking part in the Banchory Beast Race (10KM obstacle course) next month and I'm funding raising for Charlie House and for my disabled nephew.  Sitting just shy of 40% of my target so would greatly appreciate if anybody has a spare fiver they can chuck in then I'd be forever grateful!

Link

Big game this weekend.  As much as we've a great positive feel around the club it would be pretty sad to be sitting potentially 13 points off top after just 8 games!

11 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Bit off topic guys but I'm taking part in the Banchory Beast Race (10KM obstacle course) next month and I'm funding raising for Charlie House and for my disabled nephew.  Sitting just shy of 40% of my target so would greatly appreciate if anybody has a spare fiver they can chuck in then I'd be forever grateful!

Link

Big game this weekend.  As much as we've a great positive feel around the club it would be pretty sad to be sitting potentially 13 points off top after just 8 games!

Been playing catch up with playing in the Viaplay Cup..

Whatever happens it has been more enjoyable that the recent past.

5 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

The Blue Brazil must fancy themselves for Saturday, surely? Been a long old while since Cowden have gone into a game against us as heavy favourites - mind you, at least that means all the pressure is on yourselves!

We have a number of injuries to key players. That reduces the confidence levels. We shall see.

Missing the game my first game missed in over a year as I'm in Hong Kong. Any chance any1 going to game wants to video call me and film the whole game🤣.... 

Big game and the boys will look to bounce back after last week's defeat. 

Play on front foot and with same intensity and quality this should mean we are in with a good shout of getting the 3 points. Stopping bucks from getting chances is the key.

13 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Missing the game my first game missed in over a year as I'm in Hong Kong. Any chance any1 going to game wants to video call me and film the whole game🤣.... 

Big game and the boys will look to bounce back after last week's defeat. 

Play on front foot and with same intensity and quality this should mean we are in with a good shout of getting the 3 points. Stopping bucks from getting chances is the key.

Take it easy on the dim sum nelly!!!

On 30/08/2023 at 19:35, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

The Blue Brazil must fancy themselves for Saturday, surely? Been a long old while since Cowden have gone into a game against us as heavy favourites - mind you, at least that means all the pressure is on yourselves!

Your patter hasn’t improved any I see btu ;) 

10 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Your patter hasn’t improved any I see btu ;) 

I doubt we would be heavy favorites

I would imagine the last time we were was in 2019 when Johnny Harvey  got them on that magnificent run of defeats to secure their Lowland League spot.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I doubt we would be heavy favorites

I would imagine the last time we were was in 2019 when Johnny Harvey  got them on that magnificent run of defeats to secure their Lowland League spot.

You can never predict anything in this league. We produced some unexpected results last season with a poor team.

I think game will go either way tomorrow and is close to call. With  fit squad, we would have had a strong chance but missing a few and others with knocks. Really need a change of luck soon.

32 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

You can never predict anything in this league. We produced some unexpected results last season with a poor team.

I think game will go either way tomorrow and is close to call. With  fit squad, we would have had a strong chance but missing a few and others with knocks. Really need a change of luck soon.

The only unexpected ones I can think of from last season were winning 1-0! at EK and perhaps the 0-0 at home to Tranent given they were top I think at the time.