There was a coo

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes as it is a shared gate 

Thanks. While I appreciate its a shared gate and the operational costs I would not have promised my kids I would take them had I realised earlier. £20 to see us play a 8th tier team in a low level cup seems ridiculous from a customer point of view. Due to my poor planning I will have to pay up though. Mon the Cowden.

3 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Thanks. While I appreciate its a shared gate and the operational costs I would not have promised my kids I would take them had I realised earlier. £20 to see us play a 8th tier team in a low level cup seems ridiculous from a customer point of view. Due to my poor planning I will have to pay up though. Mon the Cowden.

Aye both the South and Scottish are shared gates. Lowland League Cup home team keep the gate.

Not ideal but if the under 12s were free I would imagine we would have to give the visitors half of their non existent admission fees, same if season tickets were valid.

42 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye both the South and Scottish are shared gates. Lowland League Cup home team keep the gate.

Not ideal but if the under 12s were free I would imagine we would have to give the visitors half of their non existent admission fees, same if season tickets were valid.

There is also a minimum admission price rule

Yip. I am not saying it's the clubs fault. Its just ends up being twice the price to see us play Kilsyth Rangers than any Lowland League game. Can't be helped.

I hope we still have enough fit players in the squad that we can put a good team together for it. I can appreciate that we would maybe be prioritising the League and Scottish Cup.

7 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Yip. I am not saying it's the clubs fault. Its just ends up being twice the price to see us play Kilsyth Rangers than any Lowland League game. Can't be helped.

I hope we still have enough fit players in the squad that we can put a good team together for it. I can appreciate that we would maybe be prioritising the League and Scottish Cup.

Don’t think we could rotate things much if we wanted to, would think it would be much about the same side as last week.

Striker signed on loan from Clyde - Dylan Duncan. 
This is what the Clyde website said when he signed earlier this year:

Spoiler

NEW SIGNING: DYLAN DUNCAN

JULY 18, 2023

The club is pleased to announce the signing of forward Dylan Duncan on a one-year contract.

Dylan joins The Bully Wee from West of Scotland League side Glasgow University. He has been training with the club since the beginning of the year, featuring as a trialist in last season’s Glasgow Cup tie against Celtic B.

The 21-year-old also played in the pre-season Paul Kelly Memorial Tournament, where he opened the scoring against Caledonian Locomotives.

Dylan goes straight into the squad for this evening’s Viaplay Cup tie against Cove Rangers.

Director of Football Jim Duffy spoke to the official website after Dylan put pen to paper:-

“Dylan came in last season and showed a terrific attitude in training. He joined pre-season too and again done very well. He’s a young player and still has to learn about the physicality of professional football and retaining the ball, but he has a real desire to do so.

“He has good energy and pace and gives us another option up front, and is another young player with potential.”

44 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

A tough watch against a well organised defensive setup side. A wins a win and hopefully a week closer to getting players back. Next week is going to be difficult. 

Aye they set up with 5 at the back and hit on the counter attack which worked for 71 minutes.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Butterworth was immense today ran both full backs riot, new lad took his goals well but that motm award had butterworths name on it surely, tough frustrating game to watch as we controlled the ball but struggled when it came to that last pass. Job done thought thats the main thing hoping for a nice away day next round

Yes, Kilsyth had done their homework. Butterworth was up against two or three players every time he got the ball.

Awful game to watch first half and most of the second half. So many passes going astray when it looked like we were going to score. Still a wins a win but we'll need to play a bit better next week.