There was a coo

Absolutely pummelled them the first half when they stole a goal near the half time whistle albeit it well taken. We were pretty good as well as them not really offering much.

They had far more of the game the 2nd half, scoring a 2nd direct from the corner - I'm convinced it was meant and what a beauty it was, right into the top shelf with wind helping the swerve. They huffed and puffed but still gave some chances away which we wasted but deservedly scored a 4th to make it more comfortable.

All in all a good days work barring a nervy 10/15 minute spell in the 2nd half. Credit to WW though, worked hard but not a lot of end product. Butterworth at times was unplayable, if we have any aspirations on building on this squad I'd love to keep him but feel he's only going to get better and move up the levels.

For a change I think the referee had a decent game too but not too much to deal with I guess.

Braw.

Another good win today and that's 4 wins out of 5 and 1 defeat in 6. Again winning is a good habit to get into regardless of competition or opposition.

Brilliant to see Aiden back today who was superb and everyone can see is a huge asset to the club.

Another sign of progression in terms of winning games and progressing in competitions.

Different challenge on Wednesday which is effectively in my opinion the toughest fixture we can have in the league. Away to a strong tranent team midweek!. Hopefully come away with a win/draw.

Zac was indeed fantastic and a pleasure to watch and again great to have a lad like this in our club. I'm sure we would like to try get players of his calibre signed up for the future.

Mon the Cowden.

More Lowland league points dropped tonight sadly which was always going to be a tough game based on Tranents form 

Any match report from folk there. Hearing another soft goal conceded.

Safe travels home to those at the game.

Delighted that we are much better than last season and loving the positive vibe around the club just now.

However we must start to improve league wise as 11th and 16 points of the top isn't where we should be or deserve to be for that matter. Injuries and  needless suspensions certainly have not helped matters but that's part and parcel of football.

We must look to start stringing wins together in the league especially if we are serious on getting back to the SPFL in the short to medium term.

We cannot continue to say but x is better and x has a bigger budget that type of negative language frustrated me in the SPFL and look where it got us.

If as a club we continue with that mentality we will never be where we want to be as this could be the case in the league for some time with the pyramid system with many more bigger budget clubs coming up and potentially down.

We have shown so much positive improvements from last season on and off the park so hopefully Callum and the players/fans/board/volunteers hard work continues and we start to see further improvements with a good sequence of wins in the league and a massive travelling support for next week's Scottish cup tie

Let's get this these teams are bigger more budget in the bin and get back to the good old fashioned couldn't care who we are playing but we on our day are as good as anyone in this league and fear no one attitude regardless of money thrown about. Look at Berwick no guarantees unfortunately on success when spending bigger/players etc 

Will finish of on a positive we are the highest ex SPFL team in the Lowland league just now 

Edited by Cowden316

I will certainly take a 1-nil defeat tonight.

They squandered some shots in the box first half and had some glorious chances in the 2nd half, cutting through the back line too easily. Heppy with the big saves.

Very impressed with Ewan, starting to look like he's almost at full fitness. His press is frightening, nearly rewarded for it, twice! Hope he can start to get his tally up!

Mon the coo!

Just now, CowdenMiners1204 said:

I will certainly take a 1-nil defeat tonight.

They squandered some shots in the box first half and had some glorious chances in the 2nd half, cutting through the back line too easily. Heppy with the big saves.

Very impressed with Ewan, starting to look like he's almost at full fitness. His press is frightening, nearly rewarded for it, twice! Hope he can start to get his tally up!

Mon the coo!

Yes like the look of Ewan. Good to have him back in the team.

1 minute ago, Cowden316 said:

Yes like the look of Ewan. Good to have him back in the team.

Always an impressive shift from him!

Wasn't keen on him playing wide against WW. With the doc and zac on the wings they are good at dropping back to receive the ball and taking people on down the flanks.

Ewans directness is yet to be fully taken advantage of. I believe he will start to bang them in.

Pretty even game last night. We created some decent chances but missed them all. They created some decent chances and took one. Thought we missed a trick not trying some long range efforts given the conditions and a reserve keeper in. We missed Josh Jack for that. Good to see Dean getting a yellow, presumably for terrible acting. The ref was very good actually and as always  the visiting fans were warmly welcomed

17 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Really pleased that Andy Rodden has agreed to stay until the summer of 2025, he’s been very impressive.

Looking at the fixtures, may be available again after the Kilwinning cup tie if I have counted right?

Apart from the fact his mentality is about a century out of date, he could be a decent enough player. 

29 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Apart from the fact his mentality is about a century out of date, he could be a decent enough player. 

I’m only interested in talking about his playing ability here on in, no doubt he will have learnt a huge lesson from his recent experience.

4 hours ago, onecowden said:

Tomorrow’s game must be in doubt. Horrendous weather at the moment and it’s to stay that way for 24 hours. Rain, rain and more rain. 

I am not far from Cowdenbeath and it has been ok here. It was windy and still is, but we never had anywhere near the forecasted rain and not raining now. Not even any puddles in the garden and the wind is drying the ground. If it's similar at the ground then I would think it will be ok. Just miserable to watch it in 🙁. Not sure if Central got much rain though.