There was a coo

50 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I'd do bad things to be at that sort of level again. A lot of those players have had good careers.

Were we John Armstrong's last club in football? I vaguely remember him leaving us as he was joining the police - did we try and get him to stay atall? Such a fine defender. Would be interesting to know the average salaries of that side compared to the current offered.

The town didn't back the club at a time we all knew wouldn't last. An absolute travesty.

I'm sure Chopper signed for Edinburgh United after us. 

I remember him taking a humdinger of a shot straight to the head at East End Park. The collective 'OOOOOHHHHH' of the crowd was something surreal. It wiped him out but he remained conscious. Most defenders might have attempted to get out of the way of it albeit it was from fairly close range. A solid solid player and an outstanding attitude.

God I miss a lot of those guys.  Infact they all had unreal work ethic/will to win and had decent ability throughout. 

12 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I was flicking through a Cowden programme tonight from a few years back and reading an article about fastest goals, with Greg Stewart’s goal against Ayr in the 2014 play off being the quickest. Hadn’t noticed these highlights before, before my time watching the team, that team had some fine players in it. 😍

We had some outstanding players back then. Really liked that strip too. One of my favourites.

13 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I was flicking through a Cowden programme tonight from a few years back and reading an article about fastest goals, with Greg Stewart’s goal against Ayr in the 2014 play off being the quickest. Hadn’t noticed these highlights before, before my time watching the team, that team had some fine players in it. 😍

Greg was unplayable in those play offs. He had agreed to go to Dundee but stepped it up a notch to make sure cowden succeeded before he left .

Very hopeful we can get a game on tomorrow. No frost in Dunfermline this morning. I assume it’s the same in Cowdenbeath. If so the forecast says we are above 0 degrees up until game time. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Very hopeful we can get a game on tomorrow. No frost in Dunfermline this morning. I assume it’s the same in Cowdenbeath. If so the forecast says we are above 0 degrees up until game time. Fingers crossed.

That’s great news, hopefully all systems go for tomorrow. 🤞

1 minute ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Anyone with first hand info of the park as of today? Looking at the forecast would suggest we get a game of football tomorrow!

It’s mild today and mild forecast overnight so I don’t see any issues.

I think using the word "mild" is being really generous.   

I would suggest "slightly above freezing" is a more realistic description.    

Looking forward to the game tomorrow.  The BU striking options are limited but hopefully the BU's can muster up a goal or two.

33 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I think using the word "mild" is being really generous.   

I would suggest "slightly above freezing" is a more realistic description.    

Looking forward to the game tomorrow.  The BU striking options are limited but hopefully the BU's can muster up a goal or two.

Mild as in temperature above 0 with a wind so cold that it will cut you in half but thankfully won’t freeze the ground.

A balmy 5 degrees tomorrow at kick off tho !

29 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Mild as in temperature above 0 with a wind so cold that it will cut you in half but thankfully won’t freeze the ground.

A balmy 5 degrees tomorrow at kick off tho !

Frost starting to form where I live on both pavements and cars.

Centre half Craig Donald signed from Dundee on loan. Welcome to Central Park Craig. It’s fair to say Robbie McNab has done well there but he is much better in central midfield. Really looking forward to the rest of the season and especially next season. Matty McDonald the latest to extend his deal for another year. 

5 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Centre half Craig Donald signed from Dundee on loan. Welcome to Central Park Craig. It’s fair to say Robbie McNab has done well there but he is much better in central midfield. Really looking forward to the rest of the season and especially next season. Matty McDonald the latest to extend his deal for another year. 

Looks like the lad and another have been recalled from Dundee North End by Dundee.

We are getting Donald and Brechin are getting the other lad so maybe Dundee looking to step them up a level for second part of season ?