There was a coo

26 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Losing the lead trait has returned. Frustrating. 

Sadly, it is not a surprise. I think we will do well to stay in tenth spot. The league is separating into two groups and probably the best we can hope for is to finish top of the bottom group of teams. I suspect Albion Rovers, Berwick and Gala will overtake us soon, especially if we lose to Gala.

1 minute ago, Cowden316 said:

Very disappointing.

How did we play?

It's been a really poor start to 2024 results wise.

That's because we struggle to compete with the teams above us (the decent teams). Hearts B are the only team in the top half we have beaten in the league.

time for a re think we thought Mo Ross tenure was bad  All talk new start  ,get  behind the team ,support the manager wonder kid  !!!!!!!!! wheres the promised change from last season ???????????? not much change  in league position  even berwick after there troubles coud finish above us SAD VERY SAD

I think Calum is very good at the job and he makes the right call almost every time, which I can't say has been the case with most managers. Lack of money is more the issue. I don't think this squad is good enough to get much higher. It might only take a few players to make a big improvement, but I doubt it would be enough to seriously compete at the top. All about next season though. Probably be our most important season ever.

I am not saying Sack the manager just that we are not showing any great improvments here we are near the end of the season

.not a great  season , i know were not made of money , but would have loved to finish even Top six !  not overly hopeful for next season. Still will turn out for games support the club any way can but dont want to see another season of being bottom feeders , still love the club  just very frustrating 

8 minutes ago, PELE said:

I think Calum is very good at the job and he makes the right call almost every time, which I can't say has been the case with most managers. Lack of money is more the issue. I don't think this squad is good enough to get much higher. It might only take a few players to make a big improvement, but I doubt it would be enough to seriously compete at the top. All about next season though. Probably be our most important season ever.

There are a number of teams at this level who on the surface have far less resources than we have, but are doing better than we are.

Perhaps they have got used to the league over the years and are a bit more street wise at this level, I don’t know.  

I don’t think we will finish below Berwick or Gala, the latter especially are a poor team and if we go below them the season has really petered out badly.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

There are a number of teams at this level who on the surface have far less resources than we have, but are doing better than we are.

Perhaps they have got used to the league over the years and are a bit more street wise at this level, I don’t know.  

I don’t think we will finish below Berwick or Gala, the latter especially are a poor team and if we go below them the season has really petered out badly.

i agree there are teams with less but are better and punching above there weight ,and to see us throw away games in the last minute loosing leads in games. throwing  points away is getting  very frustrating ,so much promies at start of season but end with a whimper not what we want to see

10 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I think we will finish below Berwick. They were starting to improve and with loanee Mylchreest on a scoring run and Liam back now as well and scoring, they will keep picking up points. They have just beaten Tranent, Civil Service and cruised past Broomhill. As you know, we haven't beaten any of them.

18 minutes ago, signalmen said:

Dont want to be in this League for Years

I agree, but the way things are going, we might be happy just to be in this league.

Interesting signing in Turner. Not sure how long he has joined for, but he had a trial with Sheff Wed last year. Hopefully he turns out to be a successful Gomis type signing, but staying around for a bit longer.

1 hour ago, signalmen said:

Dont want to be in this League for Years

This is the league we are in though…. We are a long way off even competing with the top half teams at the moment. 

We are in a sticky patch no doubt but every team has one. Players look to have lost confidence and energy but it’s the same players who did well earlier in the season.

Stirling Uni had a bad start to the season and are flying now and not far off EK in football terms. Expect a defeat on Saturday tho not a hammering and then it’s back to the bread and butter fixtures which we must look to get back to winning ways.

11 hours ago, PELE said:

I think we will finish below Berwick. They were starting to improve and with loanee Mylchreest on a scoring run and Liam back now as well and scoring, they will keep picking up points. They have just beaten Tranent, Civil Service and cruised past Broomhill. As you know, we haven't beaten any of them.

If we play like we did on Saturday, we won't beat anyone in this league. Hopefully that was a one off.