There was a coo

5 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Of course when down to 10 men then there is naturally more scope for opposition in box (without taking into account many fans also want teams to have 2 defenders on the posts plus other players as outlets at half way!) 

All this is true but we can't make excuses for allowing Tiwi to stand unmarked just outside the 6 yard box even before the cross came in. I'm 100% certain that Calum will be unhappy with the marking and lack of effort to put pressure on the cross. We will win many more games once we start dealing better with crossed balls. 

I really like Hepburn and he can definitely succeed and Josh has potential. I do believe though that with a more experienced, vocal and dominant keeper, we would defend set pieces more successfully. Unfortunately, hard to find a McGurn or Hay and cost 💰 

10 hours ago, silkybeath said:

All this is true but we can't make excuses for allowing Tiwi to stand unmarked just outside the 6 yard box even before the cross came in. I'm 100% certain that Calum will be unhappy with the marking and lack of effort to put pressure on the cross. We will win many more games once we start dealing better with crossed balls. 

I really like Hepburn and he can definitely succeed and Josh has potential. I do believe though that with a more experienced, vocal and dominant keeper, we would defend set pieces more successfully. Unfortunately, hard to find a McGurn or Hay and cost 💰 

How many goals have lost at corners and set pieces?

Good confidence boosting win last night. We won 8-2 in a bounce game against Edinburgh  Utd. Josh jack x 4. Matty x 1. Darryl x 1 and new centre back signing jack denham got 2 from corners (6ft 5). Might help with cross balls in the box both ends of the park 😀 

On 14/02/2024 at 12:04, Bollan Ball said:

@sailorcowden sits down with some of the CISS ambassadors to discuss what it is all about, their goals and objectives and how they got involved with it.

Listen here.

It was a really good listen and great to hear 3  players from slightly different eras all speak so fondly of their time at the club, and none of them having any ties originally to the area.  All of them would be very good interviews in their own right I would think.

Nice to hear from @silkybeathas well.

Lets hope we can get the numbers in the CISS up over the next few months leading into next season.

15 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

It was a really good listen and great to hear 3  players from slightly different eras all speak so fondly of their time at the club, and none of them having any ties originally to the area.  All of them would be very good interviews in their own right I would think.

Nice to hear from @silkybeathas well.

Lets hope we can get the numbers in the CISS up over the next few months leading into next season.

Was another good listen 

For the reunion day to be a real success and turnout that we want it to be,I feel there needs to be some further creativity/publicity.

Can our media team publish a short video to advertise the event/perhaps with short videos from Ambassadors/current fans Old and new encouraging people to come to the event?

Can local radio help promote the event with perhaps someone from the club/CISS getting to come on to promote?

A competition of who takes the most people to take to the reunion day?

Just some ideas for consideration and appreciate needs volunteers too to help enable this.

Edited by Cowden316

6 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Was another good listen 

For the reunion day to be a real success and turnout that we want it to be,I feel there needs to be some further creativity/publicity.

Can our media team publish a short video to advertise the event/perhaps with short videos from Ambassadors/current fans Old and new encouraging people to come to the event?

Can local radio help promote the event with perhaps someone from the club/CISS getting to come on to promote?

A competition of who takes the most people to take to the reunion day?

Just some ideas for consideration and appreciate needs volunteers too to help enable this.

All ideas are good Scott. We are continually engaging with ex players to do short messages and planning to push forward advertising from this week.

Any ideas and help appreciated.

Really really enjoyed the episode with the ambassadors. Broony was probably my first Cowden hero, great to hear him (and the other guys) speaking so fondly about his time at the club. 

The episode with the gaffer was decent too however the sound was atrocious unfortunately. I assume it was done in his office but the background noise was almost unbearable at times. 

Good win today on paper, happy with the 3 points. Fair play to whoever made the trip through to it.

What a bizarre game. We scored very early and for the rest of the first half we carved them open a almost at will,created half a dozen clear cut chances and missed them all. Then they got a man sent off.   At half time they brought on three subs and got stuck in. Despite having plenty of the ball we created very little while they had three presentable chances. Luckily their finishing was as bad as ours. Still, three points is three points. The pitch was a bit of a state.

On 17/02/2024 at 18:25, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Should have been out of sight by the first half.

I know the weather was deteriorating all match, but, that 2nd half was not an acceptable considering we had an extra player on the pitch. 

A stressful 3 points 🙌🏻 

Yeah. We don't make it easy for ourselves. Started to look like we would be pegged back instead of cruising home. We didn't make the extra man count either. Our basic level of passing is still really poor and it costs us. We keep passing the ball straight to the opposition. If we could make the passes and take our chances then we would be up near top of the league instead of struggling near the bottom.

10 hours ago, PELE said:

Yeah. We don't make it easy for ourselves. Started to look like we would be pegged back instead of cruising home. We didn't make the extra man count either. Our basic level of passing is still really poor and it costs us. We keep passing the ball straight to the opposition. If we could make the passes and take our chances then we would be up near top of the league instead of struggling near the bottom.

We aren’t struggling near the bottom - we are mid table 28 points off the bottom

Disappointing that Josh has left. I could see it happening. Based on ability, I think Josh and Zac were our two best players. Wish him all the best.