There was a coo

Are Cowden having to go with a limited size of squad this season for financial reasons? 
I can understand it, if that is the case but it’s going to make things hard when injuries and any suspension's etc happen. Difficult to stay competitive under those circumstances. 
Would be interested to know the rough number of players the manager will have available to pick from. I understand that loans need to be finalised and contracts completed. 

5 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Are Cowden having to go with a limited size of squad this season for financial reasons? 
I can understand it, if that is the case but it’s going to make things hard when injuries and any suspension's etc happen. Difficult to stay competitive under those circumstances. 
Would be interested to know the rough number of players the manager will have available to pick from. I understand that loans need to be finalised and contracts completed. 

We have 15 signed with 3 new loans agreed to come in. Ewan macpherson out til Xmas so really 14 and gaffer is part of those 15 signed also. It's smaller squad and always wished to run with 18.

Need luck for sure and ewan missing is a huge blow as he's an important player.

It's quite simple the money isn't there to go out and have a squad of 20 to 21. 

The squad I'm sure will evolve as season progresses. We are always looking to Improve it and a lot will boil down to how things go off the field also if that can be done.

Always said we need hospitality numbers to be good. Need good season ticket sales. Need ciss trust to continue on upward trajectory. Then also good spfl trust run as well as Scottish run would help.

Edited by NELLY 1

6 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

We have 15 signed with 3 new loans agreed to come in. Ewan macpherson out til Xmas so really 14 and gaffer is part of those 15 signed also. It's smaller squad and always wished to run with 18.

Need luck for sure and ewan missing is a huge blow as he's an important player.

It's quite simple the money isn't there to go out and have a squad of 20 to 21. 

The squad I'm sure will evolve as season progresses. We are always looking to Improve it and a lot will boil down to how things go off the field also if that can be done.

Always said we need hospitality numbers to be good. Need good season ticket sales. Need ciss trust to continue on upward trajectory. Then also good spfl trust run as well as Scottish run would help.

Thanks for the info Nelly. Much appreciated. 

Will be first time up at Central Park next week. Know it's a fairly short walk from the station to the ground. Is there anywhere half decent for a couple of drinks en route that are fine with under 18s in?

1 hour ago, Omnishambles said:

Will be first time up at Central Park next week. Know it's a fairly short walk from the station to the ground. Is there anywhere half decent for a couple of drinks en route that are fine with under 18s in?

Our bar inside the ground open from 1.45pm all good for u18s in there.

10 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Did anyone head down to Ainslie Park tonight, how did it go? Would have myself had I not been away on hols.

We won 1 nil. Robbie Mcnab scored.

Unfortunately a trialist striker has fractured his ankle and done his ankle ligaments so we had to put mcnab up front.. Daryl is out and Ewan out so hoping to bring someone in soon and we had someone agreed but at present this is on back burner due to parent club having injury issues.

So no recognised striker but we are working hard to bring in and hopefully Daryl wont be too long out.

Shame for the trialist but just our luck currently.

We have added centre mid Olly Whyte from Motherwell on loan who played last night and was excellent. Real box to box physical player.

Edited by NELLY 1

1 hour ago, Omnishambles said:

As Nelly said the bar at the ground open, also Partners on the high street just across from the Station, could also walk back up the street to Wee Jimmies and still only be a 5 min walk back to the ground. All good for U18s that time of day too

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Young striker signs on loan from Dunfermline. Jake Sutherland. Seems highly rated so fingers crossed he is decent!

He is. His older brother has played a part in the last two games, scoring at The Spartans but both were big parts in our Reserve League Cup side that made two finals in a row, winning last season v Livingston. Good movement and an instinctive finisher. We also have two Tod bothers, it wouldn't shock me if the younger (John) also went out on loan although I think he's even younger (maybe 16?).

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He is. His older brother has played a part in the last two games, scoring at The Spartans but both were big parts in our Reserve League Cup side that made two finals in a row, winning last season v Livingston. Good movement and an instinctive finisher. We also have two Tod bothers, it wouldn't shock me if the younger (John) also went out on loan although I think he's even younger (maybe 16?).

IMG_0630.gif.75650c59d7847c1c715f0e32ece59c60.gif

Wondering about a couple of things to do with the Board at Cowdenbeath.

In September 2022 the club announced:

Firstly, joining the Board as a Director is Craig Bennet, partner in the Dunfermline legal firm of Morgans. Craig has been a partner at Morgans now for 25 years. He is very well-known and highly respected in local business and professional circles. In addition, he is a Trustee of the Central Park Community Trust and is also involved in running the Cowdenbeath FC 100 Club.

Looking at Companies House information, Craig was not appointed as a Director until April 25th 2024.   Hs status as a Director was then terminated on May 13th 2024.

The club website also lists Sandy Ferguson as a Director, yet Companies House have his appointment terminated in May 2019.

I try to keep records of the Directors at all Scottish football clubs and was wondering if anyone can confirm when Craig Bennet was officially appointed to the Board and whether or not Sandy Ferguson is still a Director.

4 hours ago, perthmo said:

Firstly, joining the Board as a Director is Craig Bennet, partner in the Dunfermline legal firm of Morgans. Craig has been a partner at Morgans now for 25 years. He is very well-known and highly respected in local business and professional circles. In addition, he is a Trustee of the Central Park Community Trust and is also involved in running the Cowdenbeath FC 100 Club.

Looking at Companies House information, Craig was not appointed as a Director until April 25th 2024.   Hs status as a Director was then terminated on May 13th 2024.

The club website also lists Sandy Ferguson as a Director, yet Companies House have his appointment terminated in May 2019.

I try to keep records of the Directors at all Scottish football clubs and was wondering if anyone can confirm when Craig Bennet was officially appointed to the Board and whether or not Sandy Ferguson is still a Director.

Deary me. You have nothing better to do with your time?

18 hours ago, perthmo said:

That is certainly a niche hobby. If you don't want to ask the club and are unsure of the information at Companies House, I don't think asking folk on P&B is going to be the best and most reliable of all the sources even if you do get some reasonable responses.

39 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Look at all the beathy boys running to cover up the dodgy dealings :lol: Well done perthmo, expose them!

Not seen you for ages, even on your supposed own team’s thread, but up you pop here, on a rather obscure side topic about Directors of the club. Strange chap you are. 🤣

On 21/07/2024 at 14:03, perthmo said:

Craig Bennett was an arms dealer. Donald got wind of this and he had to sell all his stock before being allowed on the board. This took a while due to the scale of his operation, however Ukraine eventually took his remaining stock. 

This allowed him to join the board and donate 10million to Cowden. He then left the board before MI5 got him. The board are currently sitting on the cash until things die down before throwing the lot at the squad to try and match East Kilbride’s spending power. 
Watch this space.

Hope this helps with your ‘records’.

Edited by 1GregStewart