There was a coo

4 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

. Don't know if Morton were at full strength but if they were, then to be honest East Kilbride look a better side than them. I would h e very happy with that level of performance every week.

I asked a Morton fan that and he said that they have a lot of injuries (like us) and was more or less as strong a team as they could have put out.

Just reading today’s programme, the page that Scott Southgate has as supporter liaison officer is a really good idea, demonstrating the good communication there is between the club and fans. 

Another great donation by the 100 club, a tremendous amount raised over the year, and of course 1 of a number of fan led initiatives.  I don’t believe there is another club in the land of a similar size that has such generous fans that really keeps the club afloat.

Edit: just to add, I started reading the programme from the back for some reason and missed the bit about @cowdenbeath getting a well deserved award from the local Rotary club for his many years (decades!) of service to the club programme, congrats Andy. Hope I’ve not embarrassed him. 😀

Edited by Cowdenleith

31 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just reading today’s programme, the page that Scott Southgate has as supporter liaison officer is a really good idea, demonstrating the good communication there is between the club and fans. 

Another great donation by the 100 club, a tremendous amount raised over the year, and of course 1 of a number of fan led initiatives.  I don’t believe there is another club in the land of a similar size that has such generous fans that really keeps the club afloat.

Edit: just to add, I started reading the programme from the back for some reason and missed the bit about @cowdenbeath getting a well deserved award from the local Rotary club for his many years (decades!) of service to the club programme, congrats Andy. Hope I’ve not embarrassed him. 

Aye cheers actually got it at the end of June, it wasn't me who put it in the programme😀

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Really proud of the guys today, kept up the pace second half and we were so unlucky not to get at least a draw, and a chance with a penalty shoot out.  

Expect the players will be a wee bit frustrated as well not to get something out the game. Jamie had been deadly with penalties, you are bound to miss one eventually, it’s inevitable.  Had some great chances near the end as well, just wouldn’t go in.

Agree with Gregor Jordan as man of the match, he was immense. I would have given it to him as well, with Olly Whyte just behind, but everyone was great today.  Word  for young Ruaridh in goals, very solid game he had.

And I don’t know if my judgement of the Morton fans is clouded by a couple on here, but the ones on the terracing were decent folk. Spoke to a few, very friendly, though the frustration with their team is just bubbling under the surface.

Cracker of a sunny day it turned into as well, a goal or two would have made it perfect.  🌞 

Morton fans seemed decent, good programme buyers as well!

27 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

With us reaching the 3rd round and doing well against a championship side hopefully Neil will have an invite ready for next season.

Seems entirely reasonable that we should, but one of the po faceds have red dotted you for that comment. 🤣

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Edit: just to add, I started reading the programme from the back for some reason and missed the bit about @cowdenbeath getting a well deserved award from the local Rotary club for his many years (decades!) of service to the club programme, congrats Andy. Hope I’ve not embarrassed him. 😀

Has to be one of the best programmes in Scottish football. Very informative, well researched and interesting to read. Used to keep me entertained during freezing cold winter afternoons and evenings at half time and I always finished it when I got home. 

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

With us reaching the 3rd round and doing well against a championship side hopefully Neil will have an invite ready for next season.

Just need to see what he wants us to vote in favor of this season. 

Was a sore one to take yesterday. We absolutely deserved to at least take the tie to pens, not sure any Morton fan would argue. They missed two sitters the first half but we had a goal chalked off (couldn't see if it was a handball but the ref gave it who was in a FAR worse position than the linesman who didn't) and also had another 2 or 3 very good chances.

Morton had plenty of the ball but spent their time fannying about between the back line and midfield, which in my opinion was a lot of thanks to how we set up, having Mcnab up front was a masterstroke from Dougie, he was an absolute menace but understandably tired the 2nd half when moved back into midfield. I love that guy so much. As for Dougie, I feared the worst when I saw him start but he put in a great shift at 40 years old against a few young nippy players.

I also thought it was a stonewall penalty in the closing minutes for us. Generally I thought the referee was decent enough though but booking Swanson was hilarious. Also absolutely nailed on both guys were getting red cards, it may well have been merited but we all knew it was coming.

Also was the crowd really only 379? Felt like far more in all honesty.

Proud of the side yesterday. We can never be faulted for effort but with that sort of endeavour and performance against LL opposition most weeks, there's no way we'd be hanging about the depths of the bottom half of the league, Dougie must be a bit frustrated at that.

6 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Has to be one of the best programmes in Scottish football. Very informative, well researched and interesting to read. Used to keep me entertained during freezing cold winter afternoons and evenings at half time and I always finished it when I got home. 

Even has an article by @Minertaur what more could you want!

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Was a sore one to take yesterday. We absolutely deserved to at least take the tie to pens, not sure any Morton fan would argue. They missed two sitters the first half but we had a goal chalked off (couldn't see if it was a handball but the ref gave it who was in a FAR worse position than the linesman who didn't) and also had another 2 or 3 very good chances.

Morton had plenty of the ball but spent their time fannying about between the back line and midfield, which in my opinion was a lot of thanks to how we set up, having Mcnab up front was a masterstroke from Dougie, he was an absolute menace but understandably tired the 2nd half when moved back into midfield. I love that guy so much. As for Dougie, I feared the worst when I saw him start but he put in a great shift at 40 years old against a few young nippy players.

I also thought it was a stonewall penalty in the closing minutes for us. Generally I thought the referee was decent enough though but booking Swanson was hilarious. Also absolutely nailed on both guys were getting red cards, it may well have been merited but we all knew it was coming.

Also was the crowd really only 379? Felt like far more in all honesty.

Proud of the side yesterday. We can never be faulted for effort but with that sort of endeavour and performance against LL opposition most weeks, there's no way we'd be hanging about the depths of the bottom half of the league, Dougie must be a bit frustrated at that.

Good summary. As for the penalty, there were three fouls in rapid succession on the Cowden player before the ref blew for the foul.

The Morton fans were a decent bunch, not what I was expecting.

Overall a very good performance  in a game we could/should have won.

Onwards and upwards.

Just watched the highlights. Those flags can honestly get in the bin. Embarrassing and no chance of telling if our 'goal' was handball or not.

I genuinely can't see what warranted our red card. As I alluded to above, the referee done what the majority of referee's do and just flash the card both ways for the sake of it.

Also the Morton goal was a lovely bit of play from them in the lead up. Scrappy for the final ball on our part but hey ho.

Finally, a bit of selective content in not showing our penalty shout at the death, maybe for good reason?

On 08/09/2024 at 08:51, cowdenbeath said:

Even has an article by @Minertaur what more could you want!

The quality of that article has been decreasing since I had kids :D In about 15 years time I'll be able to write interesting ones again hopefully.

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

The quality of that article has been decreasing since I had kids :D In about 15 years time I'll be able to write interesting ones again hopefully.

Its still quite interesting.

14 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Here we go again. Anyone know if there is seating at Ormiston's ground?

There is not any seating unfortunately.  No cover either unless you can get under a tree. 😀

Grass banking, so could bring a wee foldaway seat no problem I would think.