There was a coo

Thought you guys started pretty well today and were well on top first 15 mins. Our first goal was probably against run of play at that stage too - then a goal just before half time and 2 just after has killed the game completely. 

Hope everyone that came down at least enjoyed a pie!

7 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Thought you guys started pretty well today and were well on top first 15 mins. Our first goal was probably against run of play at that stage too - then a goal just before half time and 2 just after has killed the game completely. 

We are so easy to beat. That’s been the case for quite a few seasons. It really doesn’t matter how well we play. We are so used to losing games of football it’s become a habit. 

19 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

I would say it was against the run of play but once you scored feared the worse, you took your chances (I think the first goal was the first on target) while we didn't.

Our side is probably too young when everyone is fit we can be decent but not much depth. Injuries have killed us.

It was pretty dispiriting when the two early goals went in at the start of the second half, was fearing 6 or 7.

The guys never stopped trying, I’ll give them that, but the gulf was clear to see, but when there are so many first choice players watching from the grass banking, was always going to be tough.  

59 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Fair summary, you are probably being kind!

You do have a handful of complete cretins for fans standing in the shed. We were diagonally opposite on the grass banking but could hear them loud and clear f’ing and c’ing at Cowden players. Not because the players had done anything to offend, just because they probably thought in their own minds they were being funny. Strange mentality.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

You do have a handful of complete cretins for fans standing in the shed. We were diagonally opposite on the grass banking but could hear them loud and clear f’ing and c’ing at Cowden players. Not because the players had done anything to offend, just because they probably thought in their own minds they were being funny. Strange mentality.

Was an extremely odd bunch in there. Absolutely unnecessary abuse. 'Baldy b*****d' and 'ginger c**t' as well as the classic 'yer ma shags yer sister'. Absolute vermin who I'm sure most folk in the ground felt embarrassed for. 

As for the game, all us suffering Cowden supporters have experienced new lows over the past decade or so with the Bonnyrigg games being of the lowest but in my opinion, this was up (or down?) there. Broxburn deserved the sizeable win, zero complaints there. But seeing us torn to shreds through ineptude, feeble attempts at defending and being second to every single ball was hugely disheartening. When having to resort to bringing on a 40+ year old in Gary Fusco to tighten things up at 4 zip, that epitomises the downward spiral we've been on unfortunately. For the record, I love GF.

I won't ever give up on my club, but today is possibly the first game I've ever thought to myself, 'why am I wasting my Saturday afternoon watching this?'. 

Minging is the adjective appropriate for today. Can't believe the difference in performance between today and the Morton game. If we don't buck our ideas up and get some of our injuries cleared up, I honestly fear the worst.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I couldn't understand a word they where slurring. Not regulars whoever they are, but embarrassing none the less. I genuinely thought they were away supporters. At least the Livingston Ultras (baby division) didn't get in to cause trouble. Well done to the committee and police for getting them moved on.

Injuries are definitely a big thing if you don't have a big squad.  We've had a few ourselves this season, but just about got through it with luck of draw in fixtures and just about enough squad depth. Today we had 2 big players return  after being out a while. Both played well and scored - we definitely won today's injury lottery. 

The colourful fans... you lost that lottery. Not regular guys - but maybe due to couple of slightly larger team not playing, they decided to pay us a visit this afternoon. Most of us are fairly jolly! Honest!

5 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Injuries are definitely a big thing if you don't have a big squad.  We've had a few ourselves this season, but just about got through it with luck of draw in fixtures and just about enough squad depth. Today we had 2 big players return  after being out a while. Both played well and scored - we definitely won today's injury lottery. 

The colourful fans... you lost that lottery. Not regular guys - but maybe due to couple of slightly larger team not playing, they decided to pay us a visit this afternoon. Most of us are fairly jolly! Honest!

Yeah agree, nice bunch. We were standing with one of my workmates and his family who live in Broxburn and goes to the games sometimes.  He was happier than I 🤣

First and foremost would like to thank the fans for their turn out today which unfortunately was a a disappointing day. The support was very good.

The results have not been good nor acceptable. I don't want to mention Injuries particularly however there is no doubt that this has played a part in disappointing results and team selection for the manager. The manager and staff is working hard to get results for the club. This is a difficult period results wise and injury wise thus we need support more than ever.

Massive game Saturday. We go again and will endeavour to be at our best sat for scottish cup tie.

Cheers

Nel

Mon the cowden

Well done to the people who continue to go to games and to those who give their money, heart and soul into continuing to run the club.It must be a thankless task.. To be honest I just can’t face it anymore these days. I will continue to pay my monthly supporters trust contribution to offer a little bit of help but for me at present it’s far too depressing to watch us plummeting to yet deeper depths.

The business model just won’t work under current circumstances while we continue to pay to play at Central Park. I can only imagine how much Cowden have to pay for the upkeep of a crumbling ground that they no longer own and the overhead costs that must gobble up the limited club budget week in, week out. Utility bills, ground rent, repair costs and other costs for very little return. These costs are obviously eating into any money that is available for player and staff budgets. At this level Cowden actually have a decent and amazingly loyal fan base. The squad has no depth as I feared and injuries are frequently cited as the cause of our failure on the pitch. Cowden seem to be at the bare bones when it comes to having any quality players to actually call upon. Yet another relegation is sadly well within the realms of possibility but hopefully not. 

Solutions?? I wish I had some to suggest and I’m certain that the board and everyone else at the club are trying hard to find some. Is it feasible to move out of Cental Park to somewhere smaller with more realistic running costs? I feel  that the local council offer zero support to the club and have done nothing in years in regard to this. No doubt they would say that it’s a terrible shame if the club actually disappears, despite them doing sweet bugger all to help, or am I wrong in saying that? 

I do feel that the club have appointed a decent manager who has history with the club but what can he do when we are being outspent on players consistently by other teams in the Lowland League? Our main talent from last season went elsewhere and not much sign that we have new players who can at least  replace them with the hope of developing them. Anybody decent moves on.

I apologise for this all sounding extremely negative in tone but I have had the heart ripped out of me after supporting the team for over 4 decades. Witnessed near extinction of the club, unimaginable high points and now Cowden are at their lowest ebb in Scottish football. Maybe others have constructive suggestions on how things can be turned around.