There was a coo

12 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Interesting, thanks.

I wonder why that was the case (more so than any other from the period), if they hardly printed any for that match for some reason?

Looks like the game was played on the correct date, first weekend in January, so nothing weird there.

No idea re the print run.

12 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I genuinely can't remember the last time I actually looked forward to a league game at Central Park. 

Hope some fans who have drifted away last couple of seasons can be tempted back, starting today.

There will be next to no Strollers fans, so will be interesting to see what our support is today and if there is a wee boost. The players, staff and volunteers around the club deserve it, so I hope so.

48 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Hope some fans who have drifted away last couple of seasons can be tempted back, starting today.

There will be next to no Strollers fans, so will be interesting to see what our support is today and if there is a wee boost. The players, staff and volunteers around the club deserve it, so I hope so.

I have noticed a few folk coming back at the Viaplay Cup games.

34 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I have noticed a few folk coming back at the Viaplay Cup games.

Yeah, you guys will know faces that you haven’t seen so much in recent years, so that is encouraging to hear.

It’s not right to put pressure on the players this early to say we need to do this or that, but a good performance and hopefully a win would give everyone another big lift.

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, you guys will know faces that you haven’t seen so much in recent years, so that is encouraging to hear.

It’s not right to put pressure on the players this early to say we need to do this or that, but a good performance and hopefully a win would give everyone another big lift.

Be a tough one Strollers are usually decent.

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Spot on and hope so too

8 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Yeah that's a gutting ending. League Cup made us too tired?

Wish that could be the excuse this week. Don't know where the added mins came from but again can't make this excuse. We were unfortunate hitting the bar and a wonder save from CSS keeper in second half but always looked vulnerable. Need to somehow stop losing late goals and I'm sure this will happen and hopefully even out over the season.

What an absolute sickener. A game we deserved to win but didn't take our chances and were punished cruely for it, with the aid of yet another incompetent set of officials. How long was actually added?

Also one of their players (no.11?) could easily have had a 2nd yellow for a crude trip as we were attacking the box.

Our attacking play at times was excellent though and yet again the effort but all was excellent.

Absolutely scunnered after that, always the chance with the slender lead of that happening.

As others have said that save the goalie had where the free kick took a wicked deflection and he twisted back the other way was fantastic. Rattling the bar as well.

That being said, the Strollers play a horrible brand of football, hoist the ball forward and hope for the best. Cynical at times as well, just an awful team to watch, not surprised their crowds are tiny.

Thought the crowd of 305 was decent today, good to build on. Played Strollers in April and there were 213 there.

Edited by Cowdenleith

I don’t think it is incompetence with the officials. Clearly 10 minutes added time which was not warranted. How many yellow cards and poor decisions. How are clubs meant to exist with the power of one individual to dictate the terms of an afternoon? It happened last Tuesday too. 

I don’t know what the official added time was, but I honestly didn’t think it was too bad.

I looked at my phone as the second half started and it was 4.03 I think, so there was maybe 4 minutes added on, the goal went in about the third minute of stoppage time?

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I don’t know what the official added time was, but I honestly didn’t think it was too bad.

I looked at my phone as the second half started and it was 4.03 I think, so there was maybe 4 minutes added on, the goal went in about the third minute of stoppage time?

Yeah, second half kicked off at 16:03 so was the 94th minute the CSS equalised.

1 hour ago, silkybeath said:

Wish that could be the excuse this week. Don't know where the added mins came from but again can't make this excuse. We were unfortunate hitting the bar and a wonder save from CSS keeper in second half but always looked vulnerable. Need to somehow stop losing late goals and I'm sure this will happen and hopefully even out over the season.

Still have problems defending corners/set pieces.

We had enough chances to win half a dozen games, if you don't take them that's what happens.

Some great play from the team at times.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

I timed the goal at 93 so overall 4 added.