There was a coo

That's extremely poor from Rodden if so. I really really like him as a player but he looks like a right crabbit c**t 🤣

I honestly love this team and how they leave everything on the pitch. We should have been out of sight by half time but somehow managed to 'Cowden it' and find ourselves level. Was also just waiting for the equaliser at the death as we ran out of puff and an excellent stop prevented as much from an easy chance.

I thought the young Hearts side had some very neat and tidy players and far more physical than I thought would be the case. The unfortunate thing for them is they've got a failure yelping instructions to them, an imposter. I still think they'll finish in a very high position in the league.

McFarlane in goals for them (from Lochgelly for anyone interested) was incredible the first half but made a pigs ear of the challenge for our penalty. I think he'll have a great career - a loan to a team higher up the leagues would probably do him the world of good.

Really happy Blue Brazilian tonight.

22 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

That’s a good summation of how it felt. I thought the Hearts lads looked a bit shell shocked first half they were getting pushed back so much, Cowden players were closing everything down.

Said it a couple of times but the Hearts keeper was immense, one I’ll be watching out for in the future.

Keeper is a local lad. Lochgelly I think.

Fantastic performance from Cowden tonight again.

Honestly this side is a joy to watch and finally getting a well deserved win made it even better.

This side in terms of how they play football is up there with the best and helping improve our identity as a club.

I haven't seen a Cowden side as good as this for years probably since our championship days. The first half tonight it was actually like watching Brazil could have been a few up.

Delighted for everyone involved and good to see hard work deservedly reflecting on the park.

This team certainly deserves full backing and encouragement like they did tonight 

Have a good weekend folks 

Well deserved win tonight. Missed a host of chances, then finished up having to gut it out at the end. A few changes to the team (enforced?) but the effort and commitment just the same. Thought Walker was outstanding but no failures. What a difference from last season. Rodden's red card the only black spot.

13 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

The hearts goalie is really young. Obviously got the potential. Inexperienced just now but that will come. Pretty standard for a young goalie to make judgement errors. Good luck to the lad.

I agree re his potential. He's still only 18 and has already played for Scotland U19s. 

I still think he needs to learn from his errors and not repeat them.

Was an enjoyable game for a fiver.  Cowdenbeath should have been ahead at the break and Hearts were fortunate to be level,  keeper and the bar saving them, second half was much more even and in the end Hearts probably should have equalised at the death but for a great stop by the keeper, but that would have been harsh on Cowdenbeath who were worthy winners.  If they keep that form up they'll be top 6.

If the red card was for homophobic abuse, that's an automatic 9 or 10 game ban.

Been top entertainment every game this season both in the cup and league.  Finally managed to get a result, wonder if 2-1 is going to be regular thing for us going into the dying minutes in the league.  Hope not, hopefully as the team plays together more we can get that extra goal and maybe tighten up a bit at the back but with the style of football we are playing we are going to lose more goals this season but we are clearly going to score a lot more.  Makes a change to be a goal up going into the last minutes as opposed to a goal down.

Some immensive performances all over the park.

Disappointing to hear what the red card was for if true.  I expect it will be dealt with properly though, and rightly so.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Was an enjoyable game for a fiver.  Cowdenbeath should have been ahead at the break and Hearts were fortunate to be level,  keeper and the bar saving them, second half was much more even and in the end Hearts probably should have equalised at the death but for a great stop by the keeper, but that would have been harsh on Cowdenbeath who were worthy winners.  If they keep that form up they'll be top 6.

If the red card was for homophobic abuse, that's an automatic 9 or 10 game ban.

I seen you but you were too far away for me to have a chat with you.

Edited by cowdenbeath

39 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

A very non bias match report to be fair to Hearts and credit where credit is due to be fair to Liam Fox for their comments too https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/match-report-hearts-b-1-2-cowdenbeath

Fantastic last night 

Good report and a fair assessment by Liam.

Edited by cowdenbeath

21 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Had a nice conversation with Si ferry and Mick kennedy before they left last night. They were full of praise after watching cowdenbeath said boys were looking very good. Didn’t get a reply thought after asking if he was worried for playing us in a couple of weeks😂

I noticed they were there.