There was a coo

13 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Well that was a strange day !

Flat performance with a flat crowd with next to zero away fans. Didn’t look like the same players as last week.

Only moment of interest was watching Darren Dod’s hiding behind the dugout in the second half and shouting abuse at the Ref and Lino 😂
A Saturday to forget, on to next week.

I have seen Dods do that a few times at various games, particularly at Broadwood, pretty embarrassing to be honest.

12 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I have seen Dods do that a few times at various games, particularly at Broadwood, pretty embarrassing to be honest.

It was a bit cringy to watch a grown man behave like a 5 year old. The Ref obviously heard some shouts and twice ticked off their manager. I’m not sure but I think I read the Ref can send off the manager if he can’t identify the culprit.

18 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

It was a bit cringy to watch a grown man behave like a 5 year old. The Ref obviously heard some shouts and twice ticked off their manager. I’m not sure but I think I read the Ref can send off the manager if he can’t identify the culprit.

You are correct, it’s the head coach who is sanctioned in that scenario.

50 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Well that was a strange day !

Flat performance with a flat crowd with next to zero away fans. Didn’t look like the same players as last week.

Only moment of interest was watching Darren Dod’s hiding behind the dugout in the second half and shouting abuse at the Ref and Lino 😂
A Saturday to forget, on to next week.

The team was really flat today and this was a really unusual atmosphere. Think there was a bit of disappointment after recent positivity. Some real talent in this team and hopefully just an off day. 

Big Duncan (no 9) runs about but offers very little and his control and jumping poor. Garcia over Walker is a strange one??

Still confident this group can finish top 6 and hopefully results come again soon.

1 minute ago, silkybeath said:

The team was really flat today and this was a really unusual atmosphere. Think there was a bit of disappointment after recent positivity. Some real talent in this team and hopefully just an off day. 

Big Duncan (no 9) runs about but offers very little and his control and jumping poor. Garcia over Walker is a strange one??

Still confident this group can finish top 6 and hopefully results come again soon.

Aye it was a flat performance still better than most of the games last season mind you, always felt it was going to be hard today Colts have been going well.

Hopefully bounce back at Gretna next week.

14 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye it was a flat performance still better than most of the games last season mind you, always felt it was going to be hard today Colts have been going well.

Hopefully bounce back at Gretna next week.

Disappointed but to be fair we were beaten by the better team. Not a dirty game but the referee must have booked almost every player. We aren't the team we were at the start of the season and I   now shut my eyes when the opposition get a corner. Pity McPherson wasn't on from the start.

Not unexpected yesterday. We need a fully fit team to compete with the better teams in the league.

Cumbernauld are a good team. Really fit and they all have good touch and control. I feel sorry for them, as they have little or no fans.

We need the injuries to clear up and then we can start moving up the league. Hopefully MacPherson gets a run of games now and can go on a scoring streak. We just need better service to him upfront and that will come if the injuries clear up.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Disappointed but to be fair we were beaten by the better team. Not a dirty game but the referee must have booked almost every player. We aren't the team we were at the start of the season and I   now shut my eyes when the opposition get a corner. Pity McPherson wasn't on from the start.

Cumbernauld were the better team I said early in the week it would be hard. We arn't the team we were at the start of the season McLaughlin, McDonald and Rodden are big misses.

It's definitely gone a bit quiet on here so, looking ahead to the weekend and probably the only game I'm likely to attend this season, it'll be good to see David Cox in action again for Gretna and, of course, there's another Cowden link with Bryan Gilfillan managing Saturday's opponents. I notice that the old defender even had to pull his boots on again a few times at the start of the season but hasn't appeared on their bench in recent weeks... but a late cameo would also be great to see.

Edited by Drifter

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

It's definitely gone a bit quiet on here so, looking ahead to the weekend and probably the only game I'm likely to attend this season, it'll be good to see David Cox in action again for Gretna and, of course, there's another Cowden link with Bryan Gilfillan managing Saturday's opponents. I notice that the old defender even had to pull his boots on again a few times at the start of the season but hasn't appeared on their bench in recent weeks... but a late cameo would also be great to see.

A win this week is definitely likely and a must. We need to get back on the rails. Here’s hoping.

34 minutes ago, onecowden said:

A win this week is definitely likely and a must. We need to get back on the rails. Here’s hoping.

Absolute must win at the weekend, or dare I say it, the season is in danger of fizzling out to some extent.

I personally believe that losing those injury time equalisers in 3 games has had a bit of an effect on the psyche.  If we’d been sitting on 19 points at the moment instead of 13 it would seem so much better, we’d all feel a lot more positive.

I know there will be things going on that the fans don’t see and we have had terrible luck with injuries, but as fans what we see on the park is all we can really go on.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Absolute must win at the weekend, or dare I say it, the season is in danger of fizzling out to some extent.

I personally believe that losing those injury time equalisers in 3 games has had a bit of an effect on the psyche.  If we’d been sitting on 19 points at the moment instead of 13 it would seem so much better, we’d all feel a lot more positive.

I know there will be things going on that the fans don’t see and we have had terrible luck with injuries, but as fans what we see on the park is all we can really go on.

It's a real shame, just when fans missing for a while were starting to come back.

The injured players are slowly but surely on way back to recovery 1 of whom will hopefully be back really soon. The other maybe 3-4 weeks away.

Disappointing result and performance last week and for sure the poorest since the start of the season. However these boys have done well and im confident of a reaction at the weekend. The improvement in the squad and play has been significant so the progression is still there albeit with a poor loss last weekend after the high of going through the Scottish the week before.

The bench is almost full now so we have good options and versatility within the playing side. A chance to go get 3 points saturday on a really good surface. Gretna have improved 100% since the start of the season so the game will be a real difficult one. Look forward to a good support and im confident the lads will give you all something to cheer come 5pm Saturday.

Big month is October so the more fans that can help us the better. No doubt the biggest game is Scottish against Kilwinning not from just getting through another round but financially its a biggy.

Hopefully see good crowds at Whitehill game + caley braves home games.

Mon the Cowden

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Looking forward to Saturday, had a great time last season apart from the result, squad of us down early on the train and making a night of it in Carlisle so hopefully 3pts to then celebrate 🍻 

Raydale is a really shit ground, it was bad enough in the SFL 20 years ago but has declined with the covered terrace being taken away.

Carlisle is some place you’ll have a good time there.

I used to like going to the odd Carlisle United game a good old school ground that.

Enjoy your weekend.

Edited by cowdenbeath