There was a coo

15 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Linlithgow had a bit about them in the Scottish Cup game so that result slightly surprises me. Stating the obvious but we really need to start taking our chances if we're to come out victorious. I'm expecting a bit of needle again.

Think you might be right if the Rose Managers interview is anything to go by !

ght be right 

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Think you might be right if the Rose Managers interview is anything to go by !

ght be right 

2 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Wow. What a deluded dick. 

Had a listen to that, he doesn’t sound like the sharpest to be honest.  

After getting yet another player sent off last night the interviewer asks ‘do we have a discipline problem?’ which to be sounded like the guy was saying ‘we do have a discipline problem, don’t we?’, but plenty of excuses from the manager.

I expect him and the club envisioned they would be at the top of the table by now and he sounds quite frustrated that it’s not the seamless march through the Lowland League that they were expecting.

Edited by Cowdenleith

6 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

The Rose were targetting a top 4 finish and that is still a possibility.

For the first time I can remember in about 40 years the Rose are not running a supporters bus to a Saturday game. No idea why.

Absolutely still possible they could get top 4, but looking at the teams above them top 6 is maybe more realistic. Although if any middling team goes on a second half run like Berwick went on last season they could jump a lot of places.

Gordon Herd is a bad loser...... which is true for most ambitious managers.

Linlithgow Rose manager based on their record v LL teams in previous seasons would reasonably have predicted to be doing better. 

Sure that the Rose will hit a purple* patch when their injuries clear up.

(*Maroon didn't work)

33 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Don’t you just love folk who downvote a post without having the brains or courtesy to actually post what they disagree with. 🤣

I think we know now the blunt Linlithgow manager is a member on here.

We see you Mr Hologram and I hope our side absolutely pump your team of greeting faced toerags on Saturday...again.

1 minute ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I think we know now the blunt Linlithgow manager is a member on here.

We see you Mr Hologram and I hope our side absolutely pump your team of greeting faced toerags on Saturday...again.

😂😂 God forbid the Hologram is in charge on Saturday !

Wasn’t at the game on Wednesday but by all accounts Rovers the happiest of the two teams with a point. Always had a soft spot for Cowden, Was sad when you boys dropped down and it was always going to happen that Rovers would follow suit, quite a few folk would be happy with that. Two great clubs with two great grounds. Here’s hoping both clubs can mount a promotion challenge soon.

Just home and my heid is still nipping with those whinging cretins antics. They're consistent I'll give them that.

Game could have went either way, we really should have went 2-1 up with Ewan's 1 on 1 but then they had a couple of chances too. Looking forward to meeting them again, I'll take my earplugs though.

39 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Just home and my heid is still nipping with those whinging cretins antics. They're consistent I'll give them that.

Game could have went either way, we really should have went 2-1 up with Ewan's 1 on 1 but then they had a couple of chances too. Looking forward to meeting them again, I'll take my earplugs though.

Take it you're one of the halfwits on the terracing?

23 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

Take it you're one of the halfwits on the terracing?

I certainly wasn't one of the halfwits wearing Linlithgow colours anyway.

Wouldn't expect that level of greeting faces at an under 10's game. Embarrassing stuff really.

First of all I hope the injured guy recovers quickly. We’ve had lots of draws where I thought we should have won. This is different. Linlithgow we’re organised and motivated. It was certainly a hard fought game. I’ve seen quite a number of games in the Lowland league, this season and last. I don’t think I’ve seen a team who constantly try to influence the officials as much as Linlithgow do. It’s on a ridiculous scale. Whinge, whinge and whinge. I take it that it’s part of the team talk. Our goal was a great finish. I’ll take a point and move on. 

To be fair, I've never heard fans moan as much as the five or six wallopers on the terracing... 🙂 

Anyway, a draw was probably a fair result in the end - and a big thanks to the Cowden staff for their quick response after the leg break.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 👍

2 hours ago, onecowden said:

First of all I hope the injured guy recovers quickly. We’ve had lots of draws where I thought we should have won. This is different. Linlithgow we’re organised and motivated. It was certainly a hard fought game. I’ve seen quite a number of games in the Lowland league, this season and last. I don’t think I’ve seen a team who constantly try to influence the officials as much as Linlithgow do. It’s on a ridiculous scale. Whinge, whinge and whinge. I take it that it’s part of the team talk. Our goal was a great finish. I’ll take a point and move on. 

I thought the last game against them was a one off but they were just as bad today. Do they really think that referees are that easily influenced?

Haven't seen anything like that since we played Cove!

1 hour ago, UpInTheStand said:

To be fair, I've never heard fans moan as much as the five or six wallopers on the terracing... 🙂 

Anyway, a draw was probably a fair result in the end - and a big thanks to the Cowden staff for their quick response after the leg break.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 👍

Never realised that the lad's leg is broken that's a real shame. Hope he recovers quickly.