There was a coo

Very happy with the contract extensions so far. Building a very decent nucleus going into next season but the big one for me is Zac. I'd be shocked if other clubs aren't sniffing around though. He's a proper talent.

Anyone know what Craig Barr is upto these days? Is he playing atall? Also Craig Thompson - seems to ha e vanished off the face of the earth. Just interested that's all.

9 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Very happy with the contract extensions so far. Building a very decent nucleus going into next season but the big one for me is Zac. I'd be shocked if other clubs aren't sniffing around though. He's a proper talent.

Anyone know what Craig Barr is upto these days? Is he playing atall? Also Craig Thompson - seems to ha e vanished off the face of the earth. Just interested that's all.

Zac would be a good one yes. Mango has stopped pretty much as has Craig. Im sure both had offers to get back into football. I think I heard someone say Craig started his own business maybe wrong though.

Something has been vexing me since I read this in the Cowdenbeath History part 1.

How did Johnny McGauchey, signed by Cowden in 1901 manage to head in his own cross?. Presumably some crazy windy conditions like we seem to have constantly at the moment held the ball up long enough to dash in? 

IMG_3679.jpeg

14 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Just a reminder that CISS is holding a meeting/gathering after the game Saturday in the club. Its vital as many members and potential new members/fans can come to this. The work done by the people running the CISS is huge as we can see by the new club ambassadors etc. Would be great to get more members signed up as this will help with budget and recruitment for next season.

A lot of work going in to next season already (started a few months ago to be fair) I think we can all agree the extension of contracts for players builds a really good core for the club for next season and progression for sure has been made this season from last however we are all looking to push forward even further.

Hopefully good turn out on Saturday and future games as well as the big day against Berwick at home!.

Mon the Cowden.

Thanks for posting a reminder about CISS event.

The event is for members only as a thanks for ongoing contributions with a drink and raffle. Hopefully see more sign up soon and help us achieve the target which in turn supports player recruitment.

Agree that Zack signing would be a boost and can be supported by an increase in CISS members.

18 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Yes, Zac extending would be excellent. Probably our biggest talent even when played out of position.

Thought we were the better team until yet another slack pass gifted EK the lead.  I’ve lost count of these types of goals now.

Second was a well worked goal.

Poor crowd, just shows that any of these cup competitions fail to generate much interest.

17 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Somehow I don't think so !

Was. I should’ve said. Big difference in class today. EK didn’t need to get out of second gear. We looked very disjointed. 

25 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Absolutely horrendous defending but I feel it's quite a meaningless cup with no prize incentive etc 

That’s been said about the League Cup on this thread as well, so what do you want to win, apart from the league. 😃

The scoreline was a bit embarrassing in the end, but we continued to try and play football, perhaps naively.

Three of the first 4 goals were directly from slack passing out of defence, this has been haunting us last few weeks.

EK are a class side though, when you can chuck on Balde and Robertson for example when cruising at 4-0, it’s pretty easy. That’s what a half million budget will get you though.

Reality check for some. EK were strolling it. Could have been double figures. The seventh goal was not offside either. We only looked ok at the start because we had the help of the wind. Jordan gave the ball to them for each of the first three goals and we are awful in front of goal. We keep trying to walk it in. Some of our players still can't make simple basic passes.

No doubting that EK are far better and they should be with the resources they have and we had some players missing, but for me it's the lowest we have been. With this squad we will struggle to finish higher than mid table next season.  No parachute payment and no cup money next season either. We regularly struggle against the better teams in the league and I don't see it changing. 

On the plus side, the young lad Coventry looked ok when he came on. Not phased in any way and put the effort in.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

The scoreline was a bit embarrassing in the end, but we continued to try and play football, perhaps naively.

Three of the first 4 goals were directly from slack passing out of defence, this has been haunting us last few weeks.

EK are a class side though, when you can chuck on Balde and Robertson for example when cruising at 4-0, it’s pretty easy. That’s what a half million budget will get you though.

Five of the goals were from sloppy passing out of defence. Yet we still missed several sitters. Should have been shooting at every opportunity first half. Don't think their keeper had to make a save. Really poor show.

Where do we go from here?

4 hours ago, To B or not B said:

That’s been said about the League Cup on this thread as well, so what do you want to win, apart from the league. 😃

I've quite liked the South Challenge Cup this season  played a few teams we have never met before. Unfortunate to draw Kilby in this round mind you.

The League Cup not so interesting playing the same old sides you already meet twice plus the way the draw was done we would never have had a home game this season.

They should do the draw on a round by round basis.

Quite a wake up call yesterday. East Kilbride have better players and going toe to toe is not the way to play against them. I’d imagine we will set up differently next weekend. First of all a very difficult game midweek against Stirling University. Shame we’re out all cup competitions.

Edited by onecowden

We were missing a fair amount of regulars yesterday, is there any chance some of them will be back for midweek/next weekend?

Also, is Kevin Smith still around, I didn’t notice if he was there yesterday?

It was great to see young Brandyn Coventry coming on as well, didn’t look out of place.

Edited by Cowdenleith