There was a coo

7 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

That's a truly stunning own goal :D 

BBTV__Cowdenbeath_v_Gala_Fairydean_Rovers__Lowland_League__(1).gif.1eaa8106d5bf2d45b1b944ab774d9fe2.gif

Into the wind too. On bouncing before the line, the spin must have taken it more than 90 degrees from is direction of travel. A think of beauty.

Honestly thought the boy stayed down out of embarrassment. Shame he's hurt himself but hopefully finds the funny side at somepoint.

24 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

In case anyone not aware and is interested, Albion Rovers are doing commentary of the game on their Twitter/X page.

Yep. Not a bad commentary. We seem to launching the ball forward a lot.

Brilliant score line, must have been a cracker to be at, going back and forward.

Definitely some Cowden fans there, could hear them during the  commentary, which was excellent, the guy was very balanced and said we about deserved the win.

My heart was racing following the BBC live feed so can only imagine what it was like for fans and the club at the game.

Proud performance and result tonight.

This team for me is shaping up to be a determined side where the heads don't go down and play to the final whistle seeking the win.

Refreshing to see and enjoyable just now.

Great for the club to progress tonight too.

Great to make it through a few rounds in a cup again, especially one that brings in a few quid.

Think we are guaranteed at least £15k now.

The draw is on Monday at 1pm. Open draw with all the remaining teams from the championship downwards.

Does the home team take the bigger share of gate receipts? If yes, then I guess a home tie v Raith, Kelty or the townies would be good financially. Hopefully get a good draw.

Well done to the players and management.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Brilliant score line, must have been a cracker to be at, going back and forward.

Definitely some Cowden fans there, could hear them during the  commentary, which was excellent, the guy was very balanced and said we about deserved the win.

No it was super stressful haha. Only damper on tonight is greg mcpherson got carried off as albion can’t afford a stretcher but it looked a bad one he couldnt put any weight on his ankle

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

No it was super stressful haha. Only damper on tonight is greg mcpherson got carried off as albion can’t afford a stretcher but it looked a bad one he couldnt put any weight on his ankle

I’m sure it was. 😀

It didn’t sound too good for Greg on the commentary going by the time it was taking for the treatment in the closing minutes.

Delighted for the club and staff and players to get through that game last night. The players are going to the well just now and some boys fitness is incredible. Olly whyte and nabbers for example.

Great start for Dougie also having lost just 1 competitive game thus far in a game we shouldn't have lost tbh.

Hopefully a good tie next round. Will try update on greg situation soon but he was walking after game so hopefully not as bad as first feared but knowing our luck just wait and see.

Real togetherNess in that dressing room and desire to not lose even if not playing well. Need that momentum to continue. Saturday will of course be a hard test but one in which the squad and gaffer will embrace and have no fear in.

Good support last night. Appreciated.

Mon the cowden.

How has young Sutherland got on? Is he starting or primarily coming off the bench etc? 

Would be nice to draw Cowdenbeath away, I might even go to a challenge Cup game if that happens.

17 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

How has young Sutherland got on? Is he starting or primarily coming off the bench etc? 

Would be nice to draw Cowdenbeath away, I might even go to a challenge Cup game if that happens.

He’s doing well. He has been on the bench the last couple of games but we have a lot of games at the moment and it’s sensible not to start him every game. He came on last night and scored. Good stuff. 
Edit to add. I’d love to draw the pars in a cup. Good earner for the club. We would probably lose (maybe get pumped). Still it would be a good day out. 

Edited by onecowden