There was a coo

36 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

When were Morton last at their best? 70s or 80’s? 

Late 1970’s when I was about 10, they had Andy Ritchie who was a great player and Benny Rooney was the manager. That’s certainly been their peak in my lifetime. 

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Late 1970’s when I was about 10, they had Andy Ritchie who was a great player and Benny Rooney was the manager. That’s certainly been their peak in my lifetime. 

And Mark McGhee and Neil Orr 

Remember the time we also put 5 past then at CP? Makes me shiver.

Also it's absolutely criminal to not have any footage of Mark Ramsay's overhead kick at Cappielow in a 1-2 win I think? Was a thing of beauty.

26 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Also it's absolutely criminal to not have any footage of Mark Ramsay's overhead kick at Cappielow in a 1-2 win I think? Was a thing of beauty.

Even the Morton fans were applauding. I was in the Boardroom that day when the Morton Chairman (the sweetie man) gave his pre-game speech.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

There was footage of Ramsays goal on the old SPFL TV channel.  Will have a hunt around and see if I can find it anywhere

27 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

In the early 90s were we not two up against them in the Scottish Cup at Cappielow with two minutes to go and it ended two each? Then we lost the replay?

20 hours ago, signalmen said:

remember  we played morton away in a cup game when the were a good team at ther peak on the supporters bus if i remember right we lost 2  0

Was 1-0 first time I went to Cappielow.

4 hours ago, Aberdeen Cooden said:

Jordan Morton`s goal against East Fife is the best goal I've ever seen from a Cowden player.

Peter 'Sumo' Lamont's overhead kick at Arbroath(?) is the best goal there will ever be. Edge of the box from a cross from Willie (T) Syme on the left. 

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Was 1-0 first time I went to Cappielow.

I was at that game. Morton were flying high at the time, we played very well and were a bit unlucky. I remember Billy Steele torturing the left back. I was there with the late great Ronnie Gray. Cowden diehard. Good memories. 

1 hour ago, HenryHill said:

Peter 'Sumo' Lamont's overhead kick at Arbroath(?) is the best goal there will ever be. Edge of the box from a cross from Willie (T) Syme on the left. 

He’s fat, he’s round , he’s worth a million pounds …………

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

I was at that game. Morton were flying high at the time, we played very well and were a bit unlucky. I remember Billy Steele torturing the left back. I was there with the late great Ronnie Gray. Cowden diehard. Good memories. 

We played well sure they might have been top of the Premier League at the time, they humped the Pars 5-0 in the next round.