There was a coo

Av heard of R.G. They’re weegies from the weeg. Nuff said.  

they will argue South Lanarkshire. But it’s still the weeg.

Big club. Big support when doing well. And used to have a cracking social club. Don’t know if it’s still that way??

8 hours ago, Lawro said:

Sorry to hear that.

The M74 motorway cut through the centre of what used to be our park. We now have a new stadium which is 16 years old on the other side of the railway line from where Southcroft Park used to be.

16 hours ago, glensmad said:

No, we don't have a social club anymore.

I can remember going past your old ground but never seen a game also still to visit your new one, the inner ground hopper in me would have liked an away game😀

19 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It was 1974/75 season according to Wikipedia. 1-0 to the Fifers. Attendance was 17,776.

There were quite a few ex Cowden players in the Glens squad top dogs in the Fife juniors back then.

11 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Hopefully we get a decent turnout tomorrow.

You never know what can happen in cup competitions.

Sadly I’ve got my doubt that Morton will bring many, they seem at a bit of a low ebb and you detect a lack of enthusiasm from their fans at the moment.  Prove me wrong Morton fans. 😀

Great news to get some signings.

Striker Riley Haston (ex Haddington) on loan from Bonnyrigg Rose.

And Danny Swanson signed as well, wasn’t at either game where he was a trialist but the reports were great, plus coach Gary added to the playing squad.

Looking forward to tomorrow. 

We have played very very well, it’s been great to see.  I doubt Morton fans here could argue that it would be difficult to tell who was in what league.

Morton have had more of the ball as you would expect, but we have possibly had  the better chances, Jamie was clean through and put it wide. He also had a goal chalked off in the opening minute for handball, it probably was.

Not sure if we can keep this up, but regardless it has been an excellent half.

Edited by Cowdenleith

3 minutes ago, Cowden95 said:

A red card each and a booking for one of our coaches?  What happened 😂

Looked like a late challenge, retaliation and then a general melee with 21 players.

Doc missed with penalty, which might be the first he has missed? It was a good save to be fair.

Really proud of the guys today, kept up the pace second half and we were so unlucky not to get at least a draw, and a chance with a penalty shoot out.  

Expect the players will be a wee bit frustrated as well not to get something out the game. Jamie had been deadly with penalties, you are bound to miss one eventually, it’s inevitable.  Had some great chances near the end as well, just wouldn’t go in.

Agree with Gregor Jordan as man of the match, he was immense. I would have given it to him as well, with Olly Whyte just behind, but everyone was great today.  Word  for young Ruaridh in goals, very solid game he had.

And I don’t know if my judgement of the Morton fans is clouded by a couple on here, but the ones on the terracing were decent folk. Spoke to a few, very friendly, though the frustration with their team is just bubbling under the surface.

Cracker of a sunny day it turned into as well, a goal or two would have made it perfect.  🌞 

Went along to this today with a mate that supports Morton.  Cracking game to watch in the sunshine tbh.  Two teams going for it and you'd never have guessed there was 3 divisions between them.  Both teams had decent chances but lacked the finishing touch and over the piece I think Morton were fortunate to get away with the win.  My pal said the same.

That was a hugely encouraging performance. I think we have got ourselves a good manager.All last weeks problems addressed and mostly solved. Didn't really look like conceding until Dougie went off. Pity about the injury to Swanson and a couple of yellows for the fracas would have been sufficient. Officials also missed Sutherland getting punched in  the stomach by King with the ball twenty yards away. Don't know if Morton were at full strength but if they were, then to be honest East Kilbride look a better side than them. I would h e very happy with that level of performance every week.