The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

9 hours ago, Dave said:

If you're looking for something to tide you over, the latest wee episode of the Spiders Talk podcast was released this evening. We got a chance to talk to Charlie Fox about his thoughts on last season, hopes for this season and everything in between. Spotify & Apple links can be found if you click on my signature on here, or if you don't subscribe to either of those, it's also available via player.fm.

Will start posting it more regularly in here throughout this season, especially with Twitter currently in an absolute state. Apologies in advance for those that have no interest in it 😇

No need to apologise... another excellent listen

Edited by Arachnophile

From Daily Record Live;

Fox switches

Scott Fox has quit Cove Rangers to become goalkeeping coach at Queen’s Park.

The experienced keeper has terminated his playing contract with Cove, which was due to run until the summer.

The 36-year-old will now join the backroom staff of new Queen’s boss Robin Veldman.

Fox will now hang up his gloves and coach the Spiders’ keepers.

He came through the ranks at Celtic but really made his name at Partick Thistle and Ross County before he went to Motherwell.

Fox joined Cove in the Championship last season.

Edited by mcjameos

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

No need to apologise... another excellent listen

Agreed, that was an interesting insight. Especially the comment about the difference in training attitudes and focus.

It has only been a few weeks and yet it seems clear there is an uplift in intensity and expectations on the training ground.  

18 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Agreed, that was an interesting insight. Especially the comment about the difference in training attitudes and focus.

It has only been a few weeks and yet it seems clear there is an uplift in intensity and expectations on the training ground.  

I am becoming worryingly optimistic about the new season.

2 hours ago, mcjameos said:

From Daily Record Live;

Fox switches

Scott Fox has quit Cove Rangers to become goalkeeping coach at Queen’s Park.

The experienced keeper has terminated his playing contract with Cove, which was due to run until the summer.

The 36-year-old will now join the backroom staff of new Queen’s boss Robin Veldman.

Fox will now hang up his gloves and coach the Spiders’ keepers.

He came through the ranks at Celtic but really made his name at Partick Thistle and Ross County before he went to Motherwell.

Fox joined Cove in the Championship last season.

We are in danger of being overrun by foxes.

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Are we really marketing a hospitality package for which guests receive only a single complimentary drink with their meal? 

I suppose all this success, new team, management, half a ground, comes at a cost. £50 -£60 does not seem that excessive in this day and age. The club seem to think the hospitality package will sell without a problem. Could I suggest you just skip it and nip into the Florida Park pre-match for a Tennents at £3.80 instead.

44 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Only 12 days until the first official game in the viaplay cup. New kit & shirt sponsor reveal this week? 

The shirt sponsors only signed up very recently. Hopefully Adidas have their A team on the design and manufacture.

Btw, when I was renewing my season ticket last Friday, Mhairi let me look at the computer screen to choose a seat. There were only around 100 seats left, If I saw correctly. If anyone's interested in buying a new one, once the general sale opens tomorrow, they should hurry. 

Queen’s Park FC is delighted to announce the appointment of Robin Veldman as our new Head Coach of the Men’s First Team. Subject to visa requirements, the 37-year-old Dutchman has agreed a three-year contract with Scotland’s oldest club.

maybe still waiting for work permit ??

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Btw, when I was renewing my season ticket last Friday, Mhairi let me look at the computer screen to choose a seat. There were only around 100 seats left, If I saw correctly. If anyone's interested in buying a new one, once the general sale opens tomorrow, they should hurry. 

True, but with only one league game at Lesser, even in the unlikley event that we do sell every seat in there, once we move to Hampden there will be loads of room and a season ticket is still worth buying as it's cheaper than 17 individual games.