The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Currently sitting 7th. However Inverness  unlikely to get nothing from their games in hand against Dunfermline and Morton. So we are effectively 8th (or 9th if Arbroath get something from their games in hand). Surely those in charge can see where this is heading.

Can't believe Veldman has repeated the same mistake against Raith. Not usually one to call for someone to lose there job but .........

Edited by mcjameos

On 04/11/2023 at 21:23, Zanetti said:

I think this team is going to come good soon. Realise it's been ridiculously frustrating, and I've not been shy about complaining about a LOT of things over the past couple of months, but there's been a clear improvement in recent matches. Getting rid of Veldman, which clearly isn't going to happen anyway, would mean the team having to start again with a new style of management and tactics. I absolutely understand why some people are concerned but it's a tight league and if the wins do start coming soon (which is obviously vital) we'll be fine, and are even still capable of pushing on a bit.

Changed my mind after that. What's Tam Courts up to these days?

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The fact that I can't tell if this is a joke or not is absolutely terrifying.

Genuinely not joking. Apparently there is “data” about when certain players get tired in certain matches/situations and should be subbed.

Apparently this pseudoscience doesn’t entertain the evidence of your own eyes 

Just now, Spider Rico said:

Genuinely not joking. Apparently there is “data” about when certain players get tired in certain matches/situations and should be subbed.

Apparently this pseudoscience doesn’t entertain the evidence of your own eyes 

To be fair this is probably true but maybe taken a bit strangely. 

The players live GPS data will go to the bench, and basically shows if they are in their personal red zone. This isn't just us, this is every team with a top level sport science department. It's just just that for us when the players are puffing, we have no one whatsoever on the bench 😬

We've shipped 27 goals so far in 13 games.  When we go behind, we can't recover; when we take a lead, we cannot keep it, yet Veldman continues to tinker with the defence, notably bringing on less experienced players to see out games.  I'm sure the post-match interview will concentrate on either being too aggressive/not aggressive enough in defence, being shloppy in possession, or on individual mishtakes, basically the same rinse and repeat excuses.  I'm wondering which players will be thrown under the bus for this one and thus deselected for next week?

The progress the club has made in gaining two back to back promotions and a final day show-down are being squandered with absolutely little fight and no managerial clue.  

What a shitshow eh? 

First off, sounds of laughter and loud conversation from the hospitality section while the entire stadium was observing the two-minute silence was an absolute disgrace. I'll write an email to the club and hopefully it won't happen again. Shameful stuff. 

I have made my opinions loud and clear on Veldman here time and time again. He has turned a promising and talented group of players into a sparring partner for the other teams in the Championship and he needs to go, as any manager who throws away a lead against a ten-men team in the last 5 minutes of a game should. 

Btw, the buck doesn’t stop with Beuker. It stops with Leeann Dempster.

Sacked our first title winning manager in 20+ years.

Appointed a guy with massive supply teacher vibes.

Brought Beuker in as DOF, to much fanfare.

Sacked the supply teacher and appointed the DOF as temporary manager, a position he’d never held at any other club. 

Chased Jack Ross around to try and tempt him to the club, going as far as appointing his assistant to a senior coaching role as bait. He didn’t want to know.

Coyle appointed. Who is responsible for that one depends on who you speak to. Haughey involvement seems very likely. 

We scramble through the playoffs, having eventually stumbled across a competent manager, who gets us up against all the odds. 

Said competent manager leaves under a cloud, having almost done the unthinkable and led us to the top flight, having played some of the most entertaining football we’ve ever seen at QP. 

We appoint a guy who has never managed permanently at first team level, to lead a Frankenstein team of kids from England, a skeleton of the previous season’s squad, and kids who aren’t ready. We start well and the arse collapses out of it.

That’s before we even mention the Lesser Hampden debacle and Scottish Cup admin exit. Where exactly is Leeann Dempster and what is she supposed to be doing? 

Edited by an86

Please, please, please, Beuker and your puppet Veldman - JUST GO. If you need data and do not have the ability to see what is happening on the pitch you are in the wrong jobs. In the ascendancy and controlling the game we then start to take off our main players and break up the rhythm. Only one team in it after that. The pair of you and Dempster are destroying us as a team and a club. Embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

First off, sounds of laughter and loud conversation from the hospitality section while the entire stadium was observing the two-minute silence was an absolute disgrace.

My first thought was that the noise was coming from the whisky tasting event.

Btw, if Veldman had made that triple substitution, we wouldn't have scored the second goal, you know that right? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw those guys preparing to enter the pitch. Veldman was simply blind to the momentum we were building up. 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

So to sum up the last week:

”Dominating” Young Queen’s Park lose 4-0 again

Self promoting articles released about ice baths and our full time “lifestyle coach”

Throwing away a lead at the death against Raith rovers again, because of crazy subs….again

Terrible match day experience for the community and school kids  due to the appalling segregation set up by the club