The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Maybe the boys at Spider's Talk could tempt Ms Dempster out of the office for a coffee, heck, maybe even a light lunch to find out, on the record, what the plans are? 

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

More chance of finding Shergar galloping around Lochinch than finding our esteemed Chief Executive showing any interest in that sort of thing. 

What, this Chief Exec? (from Wikipedia)

"Dempster worked in advertising before becoming sales and marketing director for Zoom Airlines for two years.'

In an unrelated search.....

'Marketing is the process of identifying customers and "creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging" goods and services for the satisfaction and retention of those customers'

Can't be the same person shurely?

If he really does have a ten-year contract, as an opposed to some kind of rolling contract, we should profit handsomely. I’m sure Dempster with her biennial announcement will claim a magnificently cunning plan here.

It’s not in this article but I did see a Dutch journo credit Beuker with getting QP promoted two years in succession. Ray McKinnon kept that a secret 🤨

Return of the Bok!

So what next though?

Just hope it’s a good deal. Nobody is knocking back Ajax to stay in the Scottish Championship with Queen’s Park. Good luck to him.

I never bought the ten year deal thing. Always reeked of bullshit. Suspect there will be all sorts of clauses on both sides in there. Too risky for either party to sign a straight up ten year deal. We move on. 

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

If he really does have a ten-year contract, as an opposed to some kind of rolling contract, we should profit handsomely. I’m sure Dempster with her biennial announcement will claim a magnificently cunning plan here.

It’s not in this article but I did see a Dutch journo credit Beuker with getting QP promoted two years in succession. Ray McKinnon kept that a secret 🤨

Return of the Bok!

So what next though?

The £5m question and the acid test of 'the vision'.  Can they, have they, found someone to continue the project in a similar way?  

How much of the youth development plan was down to Haughey's vision, or has it been Becker's ambition that has driven it?  If the latter, have QP identified someone to continue that work and will they be doing so with the intellectual property acquired over the last few years?

My fear, I suppose and despite the ups and downs of the last 18 months, is that given the 10 year deal, succession planning hasn't been at the forefront of the Leadership Teams' thoughts and with that comes a bit of regression or, God forbid, a quiet shelving of the whole idea?  

Then again, I am an eternal pessimist!  

On 18/11/2023 at 15:21, Spider1975 said:

Yup, all this. 

I doubt very much that there's any team out there that doesn't want to find, develop and sell for a profit young talent; the difference, (or the USP) for QP is that this is the primary, (sole?) aim - any promotion/cup run etc will just be a bonus.  

The sale of Simon Murray both a) confirmed the system could work and b) got the club out of a Lesser shaped hole when it came to the potential promotion, (one that staying in the Championship means we've still got a foot in).  It's why I personally think that whilst in the halls of power, there may be some external public display of contrition, internally there won't be too much gnashing of teeth should we be demoted this year.  It's also the reason we'll stick with RV and also the reason he'll not be finding too many new faces walking through the door in January.

I'm sorry Simon Murray ain't a youngster, he was a decent player on a bloody good wage. That deffo isn't the definitive of finding a youngster.