The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 27/11/2023 at 22:02, Southsideforever said:

Money has gone into structures rather than established players' contracts to build for the future rather than short-term success.

A lot of structural stuff has been ballsed up as well.

The stadium is a white elephant that looks like it will never be used or up to scratch. It lacks basic football amenities but has a dedicated hospitality area for Haughey's cronies. Neither Young Queen's Park or the U18s even are allowed to use it to play games every other week but has been rented out to Celtic's B team and Aberdeen to train on. The club looks like it will never address this with the fanbase.

The training facility at Lochinch is largely just the same as it was when acquired. They've only recently hired a groundsman to maintain and improve the grass pitches as Veldman said early doors  that they're not up to the standard for a professional team to train on with regularity. They also haven't upgraded and put in another all weather pitch that was promised to Beuker to help run the youth system to it's full potential. 

There's been a lot of broken promises and failures to deliver in the structural side, the upside is the work done by Beuker on the youth programme side should come fruition in a few years time but there's no doubt part of the reason he'll be leaving shortly is due to the bowling club amateuristic nature of the board.

11 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

1) Was this not him taking part of his coaching badge, which he is going through?

You decide: https://twitter.com/VeldmanRobin/status/1726709679009788356?t=lPaX3As2K7_7hbmVadBDBQ&s=19

is it part of his job to accept anonymous stick from people? Quite frankly, if you don't have the bottle to talk to him face to face, but have a go under some alias, you can hardly complain.

I wasn't talking about his job. I was talking about the kind of person he is. And I don't use an alias on my social media. Feel free to test my claim if you're on twitter and/or instagram. Tell him something "not nice" and you'll get instantly blocked. 

3) would you have kept Tizzard on after his third /fourth howler in that game, the last of which resulted in a goal? 

I may have subbed him off after the first half. And it wasn't just the way he was forced to leave the pitch. Veldman basically erased the guy then and there. He has never played him again and probably never will while he's in charge. 

4) I don't agree that he doesn't take responsibility in interviews. I think he's quite honest and generally refers to "we

That's exactly my point. "We" is manager-speak for distributing responsibility and accountability while most of the fault/blame lies with the manager. Nice people/managers accept their mistakes and protect their players in those interviews. I've watched countless post-match interviews where managers use words like "the fault is mine, don't blame the players; I'm in charge of this team so if you're looking for someone to blame, blame me etc." after bad results. Veldman has never done that. And on many occasions he openly blamed the players without naming them directly. 

Look mate. I don't know you. But I like you. I like you because you're not Robin Veldman 🤣 You may disagree with everything I think of and say about him both as a person and as a head coach but I'm not going to spend more words on someone who will be out of the door in a matter of weeks. I replied to your post because part of your reply was asking questions to me. 

10 hours ago, QPEast said:

It just sounds like he is butthurt from being blocked on twitter from Veldman and going off his P&B posts, it’s probably the wisest decision Veldman has made in his QP tenure.

Even though that's not a nice thing to say to a person you don't know, that still makes you a nicer person than Robin Veldman. 

8 hours ago, Spider said:

A lot of structural stuff has been ballsed up as well.

The stadium is a white elephant that looks like it will never be used or up to scratch. It lacks basic football amenities but has a dedicated hospitality area for Haughey's cronies. Neither Young Queen's Park or the U18s even are allowed to use it to play games every other week but has been rented out to Celtic's B team and Aberdeen to train on. The club looks like it will never address this with the fanbase.

The training facility at Lochinch is largely just the same as it was when acquired. They've only recently hired a groundsman to maintain and improve the grass pitches as Veldman said early doors  that they're not up to the standard for a professional team to train on with regularity. They also haven't upgraded and put in another all weather pitch that was promised to Beuker to help run the youth system to it's full potential. 

There's been a lot of broken promises and failures to deliver in the structural side, the upside is the work done by Beuker on the youth programme side should come fruition in a few years time but there's no doubt part of the reason he'll be leaving shortly is due to the bowling club amateuristic nature of the board.

If there has been broken promises regarding training ground, that was agreed, then surely one of the committee has to take our Willie to task over it,  or are they on the gravy train as well,   looking from the outside in , something is definitely not right ( no shit Sherlock).... 

Do you think oor wullie and Dempster will be there in 2 years time....

2 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Even though that's not a nice thing to say to a person you don't know, that still makes you a nicer person than Robin Veldman. 

The only thing more depressing than our league form for me, is your constant bashing of RV on here  

You are of course entitled to your opinion on him, the club and results etc, but I’d say this whole community is now acutely aware that you do not like him and that you want him out. 

I only ask - do we have to read about your feelings on RV this much? 

I recall that when Beuker was doing his wee stint as first team coach his post-match interviews were even more blunt than Veldman’s so maybe it’s a Dutch thing. Students of any language will understand you can learn vocabulary and grammar but interpretation is a different skill level gained only by experience.

Further to my comment on expectations of what calibre young (in Dutch, Jong) players we have recruited, here’s a clip of a recent game involving Jong AZ. They play in the Dutch second division (of two). The first division has 18 teams, the second has 20. Jong AZ are currently 8th in the second giving them the position of 26th out of 38. As a rough comparator to Scotland that would be top/mid league one. 

But this is AZ’s young team, equivalent to YQP. AZ first team currently sit 3rd in the first division. If we consider how far behind our Young team are compared to the B teams of Rangers, Celtic & Hearts in the Lowland league, and the distance in league placing between those three teams and 8th in the Championship there’s a huge gulf between our first team and the Young team. Arguably, none of those youngsters, perhaps one or two at the most, should be playing in the Championship. 

To sense-check this, I virtually flew to Belgium where Veldman’s last role was as coach of the young team at Anderlecht, called the Futures. They too play in their senior second division (both leagues have 16) and are currently 7th, or 23rd of 32. Similar then to Jong AZ.

Despite all of Beuker’s statistical skills he’s either completely missed the fact that Scotland isn’t in the Benelux region or simply took a punt at an opportunity that was never realistic. One day yes, maybe, but unless you’re incredibly rich and can afford to wait, life’s distractions, such as how to pay the bills, will always get in the way. The future of this programme is entirely dependent on Haughey now. Twist or stick. Our club, our committee neither have the money, nor the will, nor the talent off the pitch to sustain this.

The earlier comment about Beuker leaving because of the lack of ambition in the boardroom is entirely believable. Let’s not forget the original objectives of the committee, who’s current make-up is largely as it was in 2019….avoid the trapdoor, stabilise in the upper first division. Anything above that came from other sources.

I have no idea whether RV is a nice man or not and quite frankly I do not care. I want him to be a great coach/manager of our team who is given the responsibility to make his own decisions regarding that team, including signings. I neither know whether the reports of him being told who to substitute and when are correct or not but if they are then this whole stramash comes down to Beuker. I was wary of his appointment from the outset and consider it a blessing that he is going. If all that is correct then I have to submit to the theory that RV be given some time to show us his true mettle and ability. That may be a huge mistake but I think it only fair. Nice men don't necessarily make good, or bad coaches and I think that discussion is irrelevant. 

43 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

Do you sincerely believe that the Committee exert any power or decision making whatsoever under the current set-up? 

They are not essentially the Cabinet in the next Trump Dictatorship?

You could swing it another way. Do you think they’d ever say no to Haughey or Dempster?

Is one full season of stability too much to ask for? Nobody is turning down Ajax, whether they’ve signed a ten minute or ten year contract, right enough.

Can we please use this as an opportunity to re-enter the real world, with a clear vision of who and what we’re trying to be? I don’t think this is something that can be done under the current Chief Executive. Her leadership has been farcical since joining. She should follow and allow fresh ideas to move the club forward, preferably in a way that acknowledges the existence of fans. 

Edited by an86

4 hours ago, TheHitman said:

The only thing more depressing than our league form for me, is your constant bashing of RV on here  

You are of course entitled to your opinion on him, the club and results etc, but I’d say this whole community is now acutely aware that you do not like him and that you want him out. 

I only ask - do we have to read about your feelings on RV this much? 

🤣🤣🤣

I'm really sorry to have depressed you mate. That was never my intention. As I said in one of my previous replies, I've decided that he is not worth my attention any more as his days in charge of the first team are numbered especially now that Beuker is gone.