The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

A full of season of Lawrence Shankland out wide and Jamie longworth essentially playing midfield to compensate for Quinn and Keenan up top a personal favourite of speirs. Generally very sound at recruitment and got us playing excellent football but some utterly bizzare tactical decisions killed him 

That Peterhead away game in 2013 when ian watt was brought back from absolute nowhere from a loan to start in a play off semi final, only to get hooked at half time 😆 

All the best to him, can’t argue with the amount of years he’s given to the club 

Is there any talk of what’s happening with Beuker’s role? No talk of looking for a replacement in the “cheerio” blurb. It’s just another example of fans being left in the dark.

Even just saying we’re going to take time to look at how we move forward would at least be some sort of acknowledgement towards a plan for the future. Instead we get “he’s offski” and nothing beyond that. Why are we so bad at the most simple things? Nobody is asking for a detailed brochure here. 

4 hours ago, an86 said:

Is there any talk of what’s happening with Beuker’s role? No talk of looking for a replacement in the “cheerio” blurb. It’s just another example of fans being left in the dark.

Even just saying we’re going to take time to look at how we move forward would at least be some sort of acknowledgement towards a plan for the future. Instead we get “he’s offski” and nothing beyond that. Why are we so bad at the most simple things? Nobody is asking for a detailed brochure here. 

My guesstimate would be They'll ask around all the guys who have taken up a new role under Beuker and ask if they can continue their particular role in the development programme as intended without Beuker's oversight. They'll all say yes as the gun in their face is still smoking. So They will believe we can carry on and save a heap of money. That might pay for new players. Only catch is, will Big Jock insist on his cash staying within The Process?

Finding it difficult not to see at least some connection between this vacancy and Gardner leaving.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

16 hours ago, an86 said:

I wonder if Gardner made enquiries about the DoF role given his CV and either didn't get it or didn't like the shape of whatever is planned? Might explain his departure.

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I wonder if Gardner made enquiries about the DoF role given his CV and either didn't get it or didn't like the shape of whatever is planned? Might explain his departure.

Maybe as he has just turned 60, he is just retiring on a private pension for a quiet life.

56 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Maybe as he has just turned 60, he is just retiring on a private pension for a quiet life.

I wondered that too, but reflected the club might give him a warmer farewell rather than “Gardner is leaving”. Plus, some of the comments I’ve seen on social media from supporters and former club officials suggested it was a bit of a shock, or at least unexpected.

8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I wondered that too, but reflected the club might give him a warmer farewell rather than “Gardner is leaving”. Plus, some of the comments I’ve seen on social media from supporters and former club officials suggested it was a bit of a shock, or at least unexpected.

I think most people were shocked he was still with us. 

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

I did wonder if he perhaps left a while ago (given the multitude of other academy coaches/managers that have joined) and this was just them getting round to an announcement 

The photo used was about ten years old to be fair. 

12 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

In other news, guess it’s going to be another AGM in the zombie period between Christmas and New Year?

It’d be the most inconvenient and cynical time to hold it, so I’m going with “yes.”

Excuse my ignorance on this please as I guess I should know given I am a long term fan but who are the QP Members? How many of them are there? Who picks them and what is the process (if any) to  become a member?*  I am just a bit confused by how the club is actually run these days.  We seem to have members, a committee, but now a major investor/sponsor so I am unclear who actually owns the club and calls the shots.  Can anyone shed some light here or does that open a can of worms?

*Not that I am volunteering my services to become a member!

A perfect storm of a squad not up to the task (thank you very fucking much Mr Beuker) and a coach out of his depth.

A complete lack of leadership and accountability from those in charge (whoever that is) to allow it to get to this point.

No fight or quality on show today at all. None.

Exactly how unfit was McKinstry when he joined us, if, ostensibly, he is 'fit' now.  The guy has only one mode, (soft jog) and the one time he did attempt a sprint, he took ten minutes to recover.  His defensive attributes amount to the square root of F-all.

Ferrie again made some crucial saves, (which I applaud him for) but his distribution is slow and wayward.  McKenna needs back in as soon as fit.

As for RV, who knows.  Not doing anything about McKinstry in the first half and then taking Spong off to make room for a back three baffles me.