The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

If I’ve joined the dots right, Dempster is the agent provocateur for Haughey. The collapse of Queen’s Park Football Club Limited would suit them both. 

Useful time to do it with ECFC taking the headlines. Possibly a summer of no relegations from the Championship and League One? Would let them placate the lower leagues with automatic promotion of both the HL and LL champs to League Two, while not relegating anyone and promoting two to League One.

It looks to me like Veldman told the blazers where to stick their job, and has gone back to the easy life along with his mentor Beuker.

That would explain the emotionless statement that he has gone.

The blazers running our club don't have the collective ability, let alone the will to make such a sudden decision 30 mins after the match has ended.

The ball is now directly in Lord Haughey's court.

It'll be interesting to see what his next move is. He came to the club with the best of intentions, to preserve the "history" of the club and keep the home of Scottish Football in Glasgow.

It's obvious the committee don't have a clue, given their abject failure in building themselves a "Luxury Bunker" on the largest terracing out of the fours sides, and relegating the fans to 4 rows of seats and a capacity akin to Junior Football.

If Haughey has the balls, he should get rid of the main cause of all this malaise  ie our Invisible CEO, and allow the blazers to sink or swim with what they've got left. If we the ordinary fans are lucky we'll have a ground fit for L2 and the ability to be self sustainable to avoid the trapdoor.

Right. Bit of a day eh?

The tone of the club announcement suggests to me that this parting of the ways was not preplanned and we are unlikely to have a successor lined up.  So what do we do? Go for someone who could live and breathe the project or go with a short term appointment to keep us up?  If we don't have a successor lined up I think we should go for a short term appointment and continue our search at leisure. If the "temp" does well then they obviously put themselves in contention.  The question though is who would we go for?  Callum Davidson? Tony Mowbray? Or poach John McGlynn? Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Right. Bit of a day eh?

The tone of the club announcement suggests to me that this parting of the ways was not preplanned and we are unlikely to have a successor lined up.  So what do we do? Go for someone who could live and breathe the project or go with a short term appointment to keep us up?  If we don't have a successor lined up I think we should go for a short term appointment and continue our search at leisure. If the "temp" does well then they obviously put themselves in contention.  The question though is who would we go for?  Callum Davidson? Tony Mowbray? Or poach John McGlynn? Thoughts?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Louis Longridge take temporary charge in a Player/Manager role until the blazers sort out this mess.  Expect an announcement some time in 2027

23 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

It looks to me like Veldman told the blazers where to stick their job, and has gone back to the easy life along with his mentor Beuker.

Can’t see it. Two and a half years left on his contract and would be due a healthy pay up. Wouldn’t expect many people to go of their own accord in that circumstance, particularly after moving their family over for the gig. 

7 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Right. Bit of a day eh?

I refer you to my previous post regarding Neil MacFarlane but Tony Mowbray would be fun. That's the kind of appointment that, if the club was where it was 6 months ago, would have seemed very unlikely but not impossible. Now feels like we're shopping in a smaller market.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Dempster sacked McKinnon and hired Ellis. Dempster was the architect of the “project” which is now over. Dempster allowed conditions to develop that led to Owen Coyle leaving and Robin Veldman coming in. Could write several paragraphs on Lesser Hampden and lack of communication. Her position is untenable.

The committee have proven to be toothless and disinterested in the concerns of fans. They want to be having a look at what they’re contributing, or indeed not contributing. A complete shitshow. Veldman had to go, that’s pretty clear. He’s a symptom of a much bigger problem, though. We’ve blown a massive opportunity to grow something here and it’s so fucking depressing. 

With the exception of hiring Owen Coyle, it's not unreasonable to suggest that nothing else this club has done in the past 3-4 years has been 'professional'.  If anything has to change, that has to.

22 minutes ago, RichRJohnstone said:

I refer you to my previous post regarding Neil MacFarlane but Tony Mowbray would be fun. That's the kind of appointment that, if the club was where it was 6 months ago, would have seemed very unlikely but not impossible. Now feels like we're shopping in a smaller market.

Surely MacFarlane will be on a fortune at Brentford?

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Beuker has a lot to answer for but the people who believed him have even more

This headline in Voetbal International gave me the fear:

MBVI1.jpg.ae717e1f72d4df2333c364a42aeacfe0.jpg

"The Dutch master is transforming Scottish football: "this is Football Manager in real life."

No it wasn't. It was real first team senior football, not an effing computer game. Mind you maybe I'm being unfair as the actual article is behind a pay wall.

Edited by Spidersmad

1 hour ago, Spidersmad said:

This headline in Voetbal International gave me the fear:

MBVI1.jpg.ae717e1f72d4df2333c364a42aeacfe0.jpg

"The Dutch master is transforming Scottish football: "this is Football Manager in real life."

No it wasn't. It was real first team senior football, not an effing computer game. Mind you maybe I'm being unfair as the actual article is behind a pay wall.

You’re not being unfair. I read one last week where he was credited with getting us promoted twice. Give it another month and he’ll have won us the Scottish Cup ten times. 

2 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

The ball is now directly in Lord Haughey's court.

It'll be interesting to see what his next move is. He came to the club with the best of intentions, to preserve the "history" of the club and keep the home of Scottish Football in Glasgow.

Lol wut

If that were the case then why didn't 'Lord Haughey' - remove the spoon from his arse - simply organise a very straightforward transition to a part-time football club? That would have achieved everything that you state - but without the attention required of a Brooks Mileson figure. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Because then it will be Haughey’s project but without all the constitutional baggage it currently has. Dempster’s ambition is to head the SFA. He’ll take care of that for her. As for Lesser, think ice cream shops.

Well, y’know, fair play - the game is all about opinions. 

But in my opinion, respectfully, this is moon-howling nonsense. 

15 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Ferrie again made some crucial saves, (which I applaud him for) but his distribution is slow and wayward.  McKenna needs back in as soon as fit.

Mad how you can come away from that match yesterday and find issue with Ferrie. He has been tremendous since coming back in. 

1 minute ago, Gall09 said:

Mad how you can come away from that match yesterday and find issue with Ferrie. He has been tremendous since coming back in. 

Not mad at all, two 'keepers with very different skills sets.  The triple save he made was outstanding.

Have always said he's a very good/better shot stopper but for the style of play we were expecting under the now previous Dutch regime he was/is no where near McKenna.  McKenna's distribution was always far quicker and you got the sense he always knew pretty much before he got the ball where he was sending it, allowing QP to be quick, direct and able to retain possession; very rarely would he resort to long balls, which Ferrie does and which usually ends with possession being lost, (as nobody can seem to win a secondary, let alone first ball).  

All probably a mute point now that the Dutch contingent has gone.

3 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Not mad at all, two 'keepers with very different skills sets.  The triple save he made was outstanding.

Have always said he's a very good/better shot stopper but for the style of play we were expecting under the now previous Dutch regime he was/is no where near McKenna.  McKenna's distribution was always far quicker and you got the sense he always knew pretty much before he got the ball where he was sending it, allowing QP to be quick, direct and able to retain possession; very rarely would he resort to long balls, which Ferrie does and which usually ends with possession being lost, (as nobody can seem to win a secondary, let alone first ball).  

All probably a mute point now that the Dutch contingent has gone.

McKenna was excellent before his injury and perfect at playing what was basically a sweeper role. Like you say, now that the Dutchmen are away i doubt that will be a priority.

Incredible how badly we have fucked this season up ☹️

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Because then it will be Haughey’s project but without all the constitutional baggage it currently has. Dempster’s ambition is to head the SFA. He’ll take care of that for her. As for Lesser, think ice cream shops.

I mean, the SFA are a clueless, car crash of an association at the best of times; God only knows what adding the Dumpster into the mix will bring.