The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

13 hours ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

Heard Callum Davidson mention he watched the Dunfermline game, and I just hope he hasn't been bamboozled by the BBC graphics department. Easy enough mistake to make, I suppose...

IMG_20240112_231207.thumb.jpg.b850395483fc8934794b1c8e4e53ce58.jpg

And still, not to worry: it was updated the next time it appeared on screen, just before kick-off...

IMG_20240112_231735.thumb.jpg.9cf0c47e48296b67526b2a351d5f5300.jpg

...oh.

Total Football.

On 10/01/2024 at 19:35, Charliechurch said:

The player wage budget can be reasonably worked out by looking at the latest audited QP accounts on the Companies House website.

Total staff wages were circa £1.4m up until December 2021 when the club were in League 1. QP haven't filed their audited accounts for over 2 years now, but I wouldn't be surprised if the wage bill has increased to over £2m a year with annual losses ballooning to a roughly similar figure.

Of course, some of the club's employees will be non football staff but the bulk of those staff costs will be players and coaches.

So to summarise, you don’t know either.  

Trying to make sense of the lineup from the bizarro formation listed on Soccerdesk. I assume it's going to be some sort of 4-3-3 / 4-5-1:

Ferrie

Mauchin - Bannon - Thomson - Robson

Turner - Welsh -Longridge

Thomas - Paton - Bruce

Welsh straight in, which is fair enough, but disappointed to see Spong dropped for Longridge. I hope we're not going to just sign a bunch of 30-somethings and drop all the good youngsters to the bench.

Talking of the bench, it's the strongest we've had all season, which is nice.

8 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

Trying to make sense of the lineup from the bizarro formation listed on Soccerdesk. I assume it's going to be some sort of 4-3-3 / 4-5-1:

Ferrie

Mauchin - Bannon - Thomson - Robson

Turner - Welsh -Longridge

Thomas - Paton - Bruce

Welsh straight in, which is fair enough, but disappointed to see Spong dropped for Longridge. I hope we're not going to just sign a bunch of 30-somethings and drop all the good youngsters to the bench.

It was a back three of Robson, Thomson and Bannon last week, so assuming it will be the same again today. Mauchin and Bruce the wing-backs; Turner, Welsh and Longridge in the midfield and Thomas playing off Paton up front.

3 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

It was a back three of Robson, Thomson and Bannon last week, so assuming it will be the same again today. Mauchin and Bruce the wing-backs; Turner, Welsh and Longridge in the midfield and Thomas playing off Paton up front.

I missed last week's game completely. Hadn't realised it was such a radical formation change!

19 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

I assumed Welsh wouldn't play 90 mins and there was a deliberate plan. Start off with most experience but have a stronger (than normal) bench to change things. Guess we'll find out 🤞

Edited by mcjameos

Well done you guys even though we had a load of chances and never took them and you lot had to do what you had, I’ve always been in the camp of caution when talking about the title because we just concede too many goals… again well done today 

Unbelievable today, thought everyone played brilliantly, real team effort. Robson looked back to his best, Welsh was outstanding, needed someone in the middle of the park with some experience, does everything simple and it’s exactly what we were missing. 

Happy for Cammy Bruce, will do his confidence the world of good. 

Dunfermline away next week. Bring it on.

2 hours ago, Adam Rendall said:

Unbelievable today, thought everyone played brilliantly, real team effort. Robson looked back to his best, Welsh was outstanding, needed someone in the middle of the park with some experience, does everything simple and it’s exactly what we were missing. 

Happy for Cammy Bruce, will do his confidence the world of good. 

Dunfermline away next week. Bring it on.

A lot of positives. Not least the potential of Cammy Bruce.

Magic stuff. Like most others I was surprised that Spong was sub but really interesting comments from CD about wanting to learn how players react to being on the bench and how they react coming off it. Not even a week in and he’s installed a bit of hunger and competition in the squad that we haven’t seen all season.

Pleased for all the players but especially chuffed for Cammy. He’s almost been the poster boy for how not to bring through players after that roasting at Firhill - would be lovely to see him get a good run now. 

3 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

QP first goal looks even better than I remembered it; the build up, Cammy's first touch and the strike for goal. 

Sunday mornings have not felt this good for a long time.

Aye, the left foot touch to position the ball perfectly for the right foot shot is top quality.

Edited by Selkirk Spider