The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Iain said:

If you send over a list of words that aren't allowed we'll do our best to distribute it to all the supporters.

One of only two clubs who’s fans invaded our pitch last season and approached the very decent and likeable QP support with taunts of pugilism. Absolute shower!

Nothing honest at all about these rapscallions.

29 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

One of only two clubs who’s fans invaded our pitch last season

1. It wasn't your pitch.
  2. If you don't engage in boisterous behaviour to celebrate an injury-time winner from two goals down you shouldn't even be there.

14 hours ago, Dooflick said:

With regards to the Ayr game on Saturday I have just heard that the Ayr fans will be next to us in the West stand. This is disgracefull and penny pinching on behalf of the club. We have endured nonsense this season with bad language and intimidation from several fans of other clubs sitting close to us. Have the committee not learned their lesson. Away fans should be in the East stand. With two new members on the committee I am surprised that they have allowed this to happen.

Not to harp on but......

We're trying to grow a local support by engaging with the community and a large part of that is by giving away free tickets to local primary schools, an initiative which is quite rightly applauded.  We then go and sit, on more than one occasion, the away support right next to them.  

Now, for the avoidance of doubt I'm no snowflake and absolutely believe supporters should be able to support their teams as they see fit, (within the realms of common decency etc) and therefore I'm not being critical of away supporters, rather of QP/G4S/Hampden (delete as appropriate); of the games I've been to, to watch/hear grown adults swear and gesticulate in the general direction of a  bunch of kids aged between 4 and 11 is pretty poor look.  If I was a local primary school Head Teacher and having witnessed/been informed of this, I'd be wary of accepting further free tickets in the knowledge that this scenario was likely.

Again, it all boils down to the fact we've made a horlicks of our own 'stadium' and have therefore put our fate in the hands of others.....as I've mentioned previously, our club's ability to shoot itself in the foot time and time again is second to none.

Edited by Spider1975

22 hours ago, Zanetti said:

League 2, specifically. I know there are clubs at that level who pay well but he should be aiming higher than that. He's the best keeper in this division and if he really does want to move on he'd get a game for a lot of Premiership clubs in Scotland.

Still, I'd rather we tied him down to a 4 year contract instead of possible. Would be a massive loss.

He's way, way better than L2, would even say L1 might be beneath him; either way getting him on a decent contract would in the very least up his value.  Imagine what his stats would be if someone gave him a decent defence in front of him.

On the segregation thing, I’ve never had any issue at all with Ayr fans, or indeed most other sets of fans, but it’s probably better for them if they’re down the other end as well for a marginally better view. Better for our fans who don’t want to spend half an hour in a queue at half-time as well. 

Having to open more of the ground = more cost, which is probably what this is about. Segregation, but everyone congregating at the same bit at half-time has never made a huge amount of sense to me. Over the years, Ayr have always brought one of the bigger supports to Hampden, so it doesn’t really make sense to me that we put Dunfermline in the east section and not them. 

25 minutes ago, an86 said:

On the segregation thing, I’ve never had any issue at all with Ayr fans, or indeed most other sets of fans, but it’s probably better for them if they’re down the other end as well for a marginally better view. Better for our fans who don’t want to spend half an hour in a queue at half-time as well. 

Having to open more of the ground = more cost, which is probably what this is about. Segregation, but everyone congregating at the same bit at half-time has never made a huge amount of sense to me. Over the years, Ayr have always brought one of the bigger supports to Hampden, so it doesn’t really make sense to me that we put Dunfermline in the east section and not them. 

Would that not be for the TV

Although it looked awful as if no one was there

In a way would it not be better to have both sets of fans in the North stand 

2 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

He's way, way better than L2, would even say L1 might be beneath him; either way getting him on a decent contract would in the very least up his value.  Imagine what his stats would be if someone gave him a decent defence in front of him.

Probably the best keeper we have had since Neil Parry.  I think he would be a shoo in for L1 and a good candidate for Championship clubs in England.  If he was going to go to the Premiership here who would he best most likely to replace?

1 minute ago, realmadrid said:

Personally wouldn't mind the North Stand but there would be blazers dropping their hospitality canapes at the very thought! 😅🍷⚽

3 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Not for the TV, multiple sets of fans have been put at the other end of the South Stand. Seems to be based on how many they're expected to bring, along with whether they have a reputation for being arseholes.

6 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

We papped them down there on the Saturday as well. Ayr will bring at least as many. 

This is what sort of pisses me off from a home fan perspective. We seem to have invested heavily in every area of the club, except for average punters. Spending exorbitant amounts on a royal box and investment in hospitality and then telling the plebs it’s too expensive to hire a few more stewards and open some more kiosks. It sort of says it all, really. 

In terms of the North Stand, I’ve actually long thought this even going back to the League Two days. Couldn’t have a more natural segregation line and the view of the game for every single punter would be so much better. I’m sure there are £££ reasons for why that hasn’t or won’t happen, though. 

Edited by an86

I have a feeling that most of the bad language that Dooflick hears is probably coming from me standing up the back of section P2.

However from an organisational point of view it's ridiculous to have both sets of fans in section P. Forcing home and away fans to go through separate turnstiles (after diligently waiting for the extra special G4S welcome that you don't even get at Scotland games) into an open concourse with shared facilities, when there is so much space at Hampden to ease that burden, is utterly pointless.

Given that Ayr have just announced a new manager and will likely see an increase in what would already be a decent travelling support, hopefully whoever at the club is in charge of these decisions makes the correct one.

4 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Ayr fans now moved.

Good stuff. Better for both sets of fans. Fair play to the club for engaging and listening. Hopefully a sign of things to come. 

Once again, PnB is the conduit for the big decisions!

As Spider1975 said, it's on us to fix. Another knee-jerk reaction isn't a solution either. There was violence involving Airdrie supporters on Saturday at their cup-tie. Two sets of fans, so far, have tested the stewards in that area. 

We could blame the playing group for letting in late equalisers/winners which stirs the emotions. Or, we could just seat the community kids & carers in the huge available space in the centre stand, well away from both sets of fans every game. Big Jock's all for the community & academy so he shouldn't mind a few squeaky voices in front of him. Then let the dafties vent themselves and everyone goes home safe and sound.

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Having to open more of the ground = more cost, which is probably what this is about. 

It was confirmed at the recent meeting that's exactly what it's about. Now, we shouldn't be advocating the club wastes money; they've got that nut well and truly smashed already. There was five teams named as being housed in the east end, which leaves four teams, times twice, at the west end. so the extra cost for eight games to run the risk of a nasty accident where some kid or teacher gets in strife. A headline that would send The Sun into overdrive. Just not worth the risk.

28 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Gone a bit quiet on the signings front. Papers seem to suggest we are not chasing Zak Rudden. I wonder who is still out there, available, and could do a job for us?

Seems that most clubs in the Championship are after Rudden, so l I'd assume we can't offer to pay as much of his wages as some others.