Wilson 

Robson/Scott/Bruce - Take your pick 

Thomson 

Carse 

Thomas 

Turner 

Mckinstry 

Paton 

Get this team on the pitch please. Mckinstry needs to eventually come good so I’d be inclined to give him the trust in a big game to show himself

McKinstry is a frustration so far. He should be good, and there are occasional flashes, but so far not enough from him. Maybe Davidson can get in his head. He’s only signed to end of the season? He’s currently heading for the exit door I think. 

7 minutes ago, QPFCsince1867 said:

McKinstry is a frustration so far. He should be good, and there are occasional flashes, but so far not enough from him. Maybe Davidson can get in his head. He’s only signed to end of the season? He’s currently heading for the exit door I think. 

I'd like to see him starting and getting more of a run.  Not really many minutes to make a judgement, but my concern was the amount of time he needed to be considered playable. Clearly has talent but seems not up to full speed.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Ferrie 

Mcpherson 

Bannon 

Wilson 

Robson/Scott/Bruce - Take your pick 

Thomson 

Carse 

Thomas 

Turner 

Mckinstry 

Paton 

Get this team on the pitch please. Mckinstry needs to eventually come good so I’d be inclined to give him the trust in a big game to show himself

I think he'll go with a 4-4-1-1 again. I wouldn't be surprised if he pairs Wilson (if he's match fit) with Thomson again at the back, although with Welsh missing and Spong gone, Thomson seems to be the only player we have to play in the number 6 position. I would like to see Dom on either of the wings and Turner/McKinstry playing as no 10. We'll see. I'm curious too. 

I really want to see two up front. I think Crole looks to be a perfect foil for Paton. His height and weight can create loose balls in the box and Paton could have a field day.

Ferrie

McPherson Bannon Wilson Scott/Bruce

Thomas Thomson Carse McKinstry

Crole Paton

Dom was excellent today - I also think Will Tizzard had a good innings. In general we were fairly solid at the back forcing Highland Thistle to shoot (if that's the right word) from outside the box. Cal didn't need to make too many saves but, as ever, he still kept us in the game. 

Three wins out of the last four games is a step in the right direction - keep it up lads.

Just now, third lanark said:

How was Hepburn for you guys?  Heard he seems to be doing okay with the Austrian team he is currently with.  Scored a goal that’s got them to semi final of a national cup there

Skilled, but lightweight and ultimately not ready for the Championship.

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

How was Hepburn for you guys?  Heard he seems to be doing okay with the Austrian team he is currently with.  Scored a goal that’s got them to semi final of a national cup there

Can tell he’s quite talented but lacked a lot qualities that can’t really be quantified (heart, resilience, fight). Far too lightweight and his impact on games fell off a cliff very quickly. Not suited or good enough for championship football at this stage of his career 

Very important 3 points. Thought we survived the first half without creating anything, but not looking as scary at the back as we have (despite the stats). We can play better, but Bannon solid, Bruce looking good, and Dom a great game with a very well-taken goal. The subs made a big difference, and Joshua Scott an impressive 30 minutes. Think we will only get stronger now with more options from next week.

On 02/02/2024 at 07:36, qpfc said:

He’s really not. It’s just harder for you to believe as he probably had his worst ever game last season at Cappielow, which was indeed a horrendous performance.  

Despite our position in the league, he’s been tremendous for us this year. We’d be below Arbroath by a considerable margin without him 

True. Any time I've seen him he's been awful and a weak link. Can only judge on the 4/5 times I've seen him.

4 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Just watched Joshua Scott's post-match interview. Sounds & looks like a tough b*****d. I like him haha

I like the look of him when he came on, wasn't scared to get stuck in and do the dirty work. Think he could turn out to be a good bit of business.

Edited by Zanetti