The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

5 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Just watched Joshua Scott's post-match interview. Sounds & looks like a tough b*****d. I like him haha

Anyone know how long his contract is? The club announcement only says he is a "permanent signing."

According to transfer market.co, his contract expires on 31 May this year.

12 hours ago, third lanark said:

How was Hepburn for you guys?  Heard he seems to be doing okay with the Austrian team he is currently with.  Scored a goal that’s got them to semi final of a national cup there

There's a good player in there somewhere, I think, but he was not strong enough for the Championship - a season or two in league one might have managed to get more out of him.

7 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Just watched Joshua Scott's post-match interview. Sounds & looks like a tough b*****d. I like him haha

I liked the guy. Hadn't a clue what to expect from him but he fitted in well for a bloke that just turned up the other day. Could be a great signing!

51 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I liked the guy. Hadn't a clue what to expect from him but he fitted in well for a bloke that just turned up the other day. Could be a great signing!

He looked solid for the 30 minutes he played, looks like he loves a tackle as well.

On 04/02/2024 at 09:53, It is our time to shine said:

Just watched the highlights. Great to see the team defending like a team. Smashing goal by Dom Thomas.  Really good defensive performance. Different under Davidson . Keep this going Queens Park

I just read the weather forecast for the weekend. What are the chances of Dunfermline turning off the underground heating system again on Thursday, breaking the pipes again, flooding the pitch again. Letting it freeze then getting a call off on Saturday morning 

1 minute ago, It is our time to shine said:

I just read the weather forecast for the weekend. What are the chances of Dunfermline turning off the underground heating system again on Thursday, breaking the pipes again, flooding the pitch again. Letting it freeze then getting a call off on Saturday morning 

Pretty good I'd guess.  The bookies are refusing to give odds.

On 01/02/2024 at 14:40, Ben Reilly said:

We have had quite a few players move on from QP and go on to be capped for Scotland, but does anyone know the last time we signed someone who has previously been capped for the Scotland 1st team? (not including Callum Davidson)

Thanks very much to @Dave for doing the research, that I couldn't be bothered to do, to answer the above question on the latest episode of the Spiders Talk Podcast.

I'm not going to tell you what he discovered, so you'll have to listen to the podcast yourselves to find out 😉

5 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Thanks very much to @Dave for doing the research, that I couldn't be bothered to do, to answer the above question on the latest episode of the Spiders Talk Podcast.

I'm not going to tell you what he discovered, so you'll have to listen to the podcast yourselves to find out 😉

I was hoping you were tagging me to tell me I was wrong 😂 an incredibly vague answer for Scotland but hopefully an interesting answer for the rest of the world, was not a name or story I was previously familiar with.

6 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Alex Bannon extends contract. Pleased for him and us.

Yeah I’m really happy with that. Been an incredibly mature performer the moment he’s came up from the youths and I think under Davidson he’s going to kick on even further. A future QP captain I’d say 

4 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Yeah I’m really happy with that. Been an incredibly mature performer the moment he’s came up from the youths and I think under Davidson he’s going to kick on even further. A future QP captain I’d say 

Definitely a future captain, feels like he is one of us.

In the unlikely event that anyone missed last week's Go Radio Business Show with Hunter & Haughey (yes I am joking!), there was an interesting wee piece about U.S. Billionaire Bill Foley's investment in Hibs with a view to using them as a feeder club for the other team he owns (Bournemouth).

I would add a link to the podcast at this point if I wasn't such a techno-fud! (You can get it on Spotify).

Suffice it to say the Laird was seemingly a big fan of this concept and finished the item with the words "Watch this space".

Just thought I would put this out there in case it flew completely under the radar.

Edited by Cyclops van Gogh 1867
Fact correction

2 hours ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

In the unlikely event that anyone missed last week's Go Radio Business Show with Hunter & Haughey (yes I am joking!), there was an interesting wee piece about U.S. Billionaire Bill Foley's investment in Hibs with a view to using them as a feeder club for the other team he owns (Brentford).

I would add a link to the podcast at this point if I wasn't such a techno-fud! (You can get it on Spotify).

Suffice it to say the Laird was seemingly a big fan of this concept and finished the item with the words "Watch this space".

Just thought I would put this out there in case it flew completely under the radar.

Interesting, I wonder who our feeder club will be.

8 hours ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

In the unlikely event that anyone missed last week's Go Radio Business Show with Hunter & Haughey (yes I am joking!), there was an interesting wee piece about U.S. Billionaire Bill Foley's investment in Hibs with a view to using them as a feeder club for the other team he owns (Brentford).

I mean, it's Bournemouth he owns, for a Start.