The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Anyone who was at the game today know how the team lined up? At first glance of the teamsheet I thought it looked like they were lined up in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but then reading the match report it mentioned Jack Thompson being in a defensive position so I wonder if it was still the 3-5-2 formation that has been quite successful of late.

Edited by pmonigatti
Missed info

I demand to see that Dom Thomas right now. An absolute beauty of a goal

Best player in the division when he’s at it. Davidson has got Thomas flying and back to the player he was last season

Josh Scott- Proper player. A big upgrade on the wing back role from what I’ve seen so far 

Buzzing 

Edited by qpfc

On 01/02/2024 at 09:23, Zanetti said:

The longer we leave it the harder it becomes. We really need to pick up at least 3 wins in our 5 February fixtures.

Well, that's a good start. 4 isn't impossible...

2 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

Anyone who was at the game today know how the team lined up? At first glance of the teamsheet I thought it looked like they were lined up in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but then reading the match report it mentioned Jack Thompson being in a defensive position so I wonder if it was still the 3-5-2 formation that has been quite successful of late.

Yes it was 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 (not sure if there is a difference?) with Thomson, Tizzard and Bannon at the back. 

The change in formation really seems to have helped this team allowing the wing backs, who seem naturally adventurous on both sides, to push up without leaving the centre backs over exposed, which happened way too often first half of the season.

Hoping today is a turning point! 

I'm already wondering if we can make a pre-contract offer to McKenzie Carse before he shows too much leg to the rest of the leagues. A bit soon to judge, but a good pedigree and would seem to fit the mould (if we can afford him).

However I was complaining at how wasteful Dom Thomas and McKinstry were in possession. I know nothing.

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I'm already wondering if we can make a pre-contract offer to McKenzie Carse before he shows too much leg to the rest of the leagues. A bit soon to judge, but a good pedigree and would seem to fit the mould (if we can afford him).

However I was complaining at how wasteful Dom Thomas and McKinstry were in possession. I know nothing.

Is he out of contact at end of the season?

2 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

In fairness, I’m still really unconvinced by Mckinstry as of right now. I’m glad he got an assist yesterday and hopefully he kicks on from that but his overall performance was poor. I think Davidson is hoping by giving him consistent starts, we’ll eventually see the Mckinstry that we were told about when signed 

I was begging for Davidson to sub Mckinstry and Turner only for them to link up brilliantly for the opener 🤣

13 hours ago, qpfc said:

In fairness, I’m still really unconvinced by Mckinstry as of right now. I’m glad he got an assist yesterday and hopefully he kicks on from that but his overall performance was poor. I think Davidson is hoping by giving him consistent starts, we’ll eventually see the Mckinstry that we were told about when signed 

I was begging for Davidson to sub Mckinstry and Turner only for them to link up brilliantly for the opener 🤣

I thought McKinstry's performance was the best we've seen from him so far- he's not too away from being close to what we'd hoped we were getting. 

Anyway, the Championship form table for the 4 games since Davidson took charge looks like this:

image.png.43b97d1fb72c8c48e02c16049bfeda8f.png

Our next 2 games against Morton & Dundee United will give us a good guide to whether we are looking up or down the table for the rest of the season.

p.s our women done no bad the day too...

image.png.3f376ac46753b000201c55428c16e293.png

I wonder if they might get rewarded with a game soon at the City Stadium. 

Edited by Arachnophile

You're apparently competing against Dunfermline for Chris Kane on loan.

Id think he'd join you as the best (top flight) spell of his career came under Davidson.

Hard to know where hes at as hes effectively not played for the past 2 years thanks to injuries and struggling for fitness after that, but before the injuries he was comfortably a top flight centre forward.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id think he'd join you as the best (top flight) spell of his career came under Davidson.

Hard to know where hes at as hes effectively not played for the past 2 years thanks to injuries and struggling for fitness after that, but before the injuries he was comfortably a top flight centre forward.

If it’s an experienced guy, we’re never going to have someone that hasn’t had his problems or something to prove. Hopefully he’d look at that Dunfermline team that are really struggling and choose us. Especially if he’s linking up with Davidson. 

2 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

If it’s an experienced guy, we’re never going to have someone that hasn’t had his problems or something to prove. Hopefully he’d look at that Dunfermline team that are really struggling and choose us. Especially if he’s linking up with Davidson. 

Genuinely think Davidson will be a big thing for him. He'll want a manager he knows can get the best out him and who'll give him a chance to recover fitness/form. Suspect hes desperate to be playing regularly again after the past few years. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I’d imagine if he joins Dunfermline, he’ll have more chance of starting as there’s no chance Paton will be dislodged. I’ll absolutely not say no to an experienced striker but I’ll be curious to see what type of role he’d play if he does indeed choose us. Suspect we’d be the favourites given the Davidson connection 

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely think Davidson will be a big thing for him. He'll want a manager he knows can get the best out him and who'll give him a chance to recover fitness/form. Suspect hes desperate to be playing regularly again after the past few years. 

Courier saying last 2 games he's been an unused sub. Assume Levein wouldn't put him on bench if unable to use him.

Am not convinced Davidson sees Williamson as an appropriate option at the moment so Kane could be a decent option off the bench. You'd think it would be good for Paton to have an older head around.

5 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Courier saying last 2 games he's been an unused sub. Assume Levein wouldn't put him on bench if unable to use him.

Wouldnt read much into him not playung for us, as Levein seems desperate to play his own signings, so those there before have been frozen out while he plays with his new toys.

See also Stevie May and Nicky Clark. Clarks still our top scorer but is lucky to get 30 mins and Mays not even on the bench these days.