The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

10 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

New away kit.... 

an eyesore, not in the good way like the pride of glasgow or 'most historic' kit though unfortunately.

Posted (edited)

Will wait until it’s a tenner. Kits that are deliberately terrible and tongue in cheek are the only terrible kits that work. 

Edited by an86

The shirt sales since we moved to Adidas have to be some of the worst ever, you'd think? You hardly see anyone wearing last season's, and I doubt this will be much more popular.

Posted (edited)

Not what I was expecting in terms of an away kit but not bad. Rather have that one than the current home kit. 

That said I agree with some of the sentiment here that the Adidas strips have underwhelmed so far.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

Better than I thought, better than the last away and better than the current home, but all of those were low bars. Might be a grower but can’t see it ever being a classic.  Can we go back to Macron please?

They've somehow managed to limbo under the standards I had for them last year... Kept the rubbish home top and introduced an either worse away top, certainly a decision

Posted (edited)
On 02/06/2024 at 09:37, CathcartSkins said:

And let's remember that Adidas were responsible for the recent Scotland 150 celebration kit....and that was a decent kit. 

But has to be seen in the context of Adidas producing some grim Scotland tops in the past. They seem to be able to design greats tops for Germany, but Scotland seems to have the trainees rattle up their kits.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Doesn’t look quite as bad as I thought at other angles. Just think it’s an absolute free hit to make the away shirt as mental as possible, meaning people who don’t even support the club might buy it. Extra few quid. 

4 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I'm neither wildly impressed nor totally horrified by the new away kit. But I will definitely not be paying  £55 for one, even if it does enable "the wearer to move with ease and precision."

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/new-away-kit-arrives-in-time-for-the-summer/

Ordered mine this morning. Wasted on me as at my age I can't move with ease or precision regardless what I am wearing!

Quite a bit of chat on the 24/25 kit forum saying our away strip clashes with half the league's home strips and that a third QP kit will be necessary. Surely not? What stops us wearing our home kit away?

11 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

But has to be seen in the context of Adidas producing some grim Scotland tops in the past. They seem to be able to design greats tops for Germany, but Scotland seems to have the trainees rattle up their kits.

Correct.

I was grasping at straws, hoping for a wild design, that quite honestly was never going to happen.

4 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Quite a bit of chat on the 24/25 kit forum saying our away strip clashes with half the league's home strips and that a third QP kit will be necessary. Surely not? What stops us wearing our home kit away?

We'll probably have last year's red kit on standby as the third option.

8 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Quite a bit of chat on the 24/25 kit forum saying our away strip clashes with half the league's home strips. 

That's what I immediately thought when I saw the kit. It's not the colours it's the tones (light vs dark). We'll see how it goes.