The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Could be worse. Falkirk signed Sneddon... 

McGlynn will turn him into a world beater. Bet you a skinful he gets a clean sheet against you lot. 

57 minutes ago, StuartA said:

McGlynn will turn him into a world beater. Bet you a skinful he gets a clean sheet against you lot. 

Bertie, up for wagering  a wee bottle of malt on that?

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

1 clean sheet out of 4 games?

or 4 clean sheets out of 4 games?

7 hours ago, starshot131 said:

Don't know how many of you were at the supporters' association meeting yesterday, but for those that couldn't attend there was some very interesting stuff said. I'll try to summarise: 

Danny ferry was there, talked about his time at queen's and what he likes about the club etc. Commented on the fact that playing at Hampden was his main motivation for playing, and that qp players should always have that mentality. 

There was a guy from the foundation talking about what they do, all seems very positive. There's a potential they'll do something with the sports centre at holyrood, as currently it's shut apparently (I wouldn't know, being lazy) 

Possibly most interesting, our glorious leader Graeme Shields was there, and he did have some pretty good news: supposedly there are 2 players from other clubs who are already signed but they need confirmation to announce them, and there's one player who's almost resigned but not quite yet. Director of football is the position I suggested it could be in a previous post, where Darren will act almost as an agent of the club. Davidson says "I want players xyz", it is then the DoF's job to acquire those players. I think this is good news. He also said they are trying to work on the lesser Hampden situation because they appreciate it's not good enough, and that they'll hopefully have an update by the AGM in December. 

Anyone who was there please add in anything I've missed

perhaps worth adding that our new Director of Football is no longer working as a football agent.

6 hours ago, StuartA said:

When was the last time a Falkirk keeper kept a clean sheet against qp in a league game? I can't remember it in my lifetime...

Possibly 1982/83?

I'd say if anyone was gonna manage it, it wouldn't be that clown

11 hours ago, starshot131 said:

When was the last time a Falkirk keeper kept a clean sheet against qp in a league game? I can't remember it in my lifetime...

Possibly 1982/83?

I'd say if anyone was gonna manage it, it wouldn't be that clown

In fairness we’ve only played you a few times in the last generation and that was in our worst season ever. I recall being with @Stuntiethumper during one particularly harrowing encounter. Let’s see what next season brings. 

21 minutes ago, StuartA said:

In fairness we’ve only played you a few times in the last generation and that was in our worst season ever. I recall being with @Stuntiethumper during one particularly harrowing encounter. Let’s see what next season brings. 

would that be this one by any chance?
some defending by your guys that day

2 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

If only they had sneddon to steady things at the back that day...

58 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Indeed. The corporate hospitality you kindly arranged was all the more delicious on the back of Simon Murray's free kick that day. I must return the hospitality favour if not the result.  I am sure Kieran would be happy to see you.

BAR 1867 Improvements

I am personally a fan of what the club has done to revamp the old social club. I quite like the modern decor and the snippets of club history on the walls. But I'd like to see a few further improvements including;

- more high tables: don't need to have seats. Just somewhere to plonk my pint when the club is busy and no tables are free

- Some shelving around the pillars as well to plonk aforementioned pints

- A guest ale/heavy - not all of us like fizzy lager

- More than one barrel of Guinness in stock (the number of times we run out on a Saturday is criminal)

Any one else like to got some suggestions to improve the club?

16 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

BAR 1867 Improvements

I am personally a fan of what the club has done to revamp the old social club. I quite like the modern decor and the snippets of club history on the walls. But I'd like to see a few further improvements including;

- more high tables: don't need to have seats. Just somewhere to plonk my pint when the club is busy and no tables are free

- More than one barrel of Guinness in stock (the number of times we run out on a Saturday is criminal)

I agree with all of the above.

Its still a bit like a bar in a Travel Lodge though.

4 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

No, that was the game that meant we could get rid of Sheerin. Every cloud. 

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

BAR 1867 Improvements

does it still shut at 7 after a game? If so I feel it would be better if it could be kept open later

On 13/06/2024 at 13:35, Stuntiethumper said:

BAR 1867 Improvements

All of the above, plus

- Bring back the donor's wall

- open later than the current closing time of 1900

and the Guinness is crucial!

A few other championship teams seem to have been pretty active in the transfer market while we have signed a back up goalie.

Pretty much all our transfers last season were announced in the last 10 days of June so lets hope for a busy couple of weeks. 

I reckon the minimum we need is:, centre back, right back, midfielder & striker,

My hope is that we are just doing that weird Queen’s Park thing where we wait ages to announce things that were actually done ages ago……..

but yes to only have a back up goalie plus 2/4 contract renewals at this stage is very frustrating