The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

How many times have we been told that club communication was going to be improved. 
we will probably never know the truth and responsibility for the stadium cock-up. 
last AGM , we were promised a brave new world. We were getting rid of the old guard, a ‘younger’ more inclusive president and new committee members who had the supporters at heart. 
have we seen any change?

unless you are going to a rock concert or want to be told why all the back room staff are leaving (not).

15 minutes ago, an86 said:

Need some context here. 

You'll be signing Roddy McGregor probably.

Davidson tried to get him when at Saints.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Roddy MacGregor’s dad there 👀

Any good ? 

Going by his severe lack of appearances last season, he appears to be consistently crocked ? 

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

Any good ? 

Going by his severe lack of appearances last season, he appears to be consistently crocked ? 

He’s excellent at Championship level but unfortunately is made of glass. 

Seem to recall Caley fans being quite keen to see MacGregor get game time in the second half of last season while Ferguson was desperate to stick with Max Anderson. Can't say I know much about him though.

Hell of a move for Bannon, getting a 4 year contract down at Burton. Excellent deal for both parties I’d say and hopefully the money is being reinvested into the playing squad. 

With Bannon and Williamson gone (not officially announced for the latter but he is away), the squad is looking extremely bare. There’s only around 12-13 players in the squad currently I’d bank on performing week in week out in the championship. A decent first eleven but almost zero depth 

16 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Worrying. Something needs to happen soon. 

At least we're seeing some rumours now; Hinds and MacGregor would be an ok start.

The Bannon sale makes perfect sense for everyone. Hopefully there's a sell-on clause and he makes us even more money in a couple of years.

7 hours ago, Dti said:

How many times have we been told that club communication was going to be improved. 
we will probably never know the truth and responsibility for the stadium cock-up. 
last AGM , we were promised a brave new world. We were getting rid of the old guard, a ‘younger’ more inclusive president and new committee members who had the supporters at heart. 
have we seen any change?

unless you are going to a rock concert or want to be told why all the back room staff are leaving (not).

If there is nothing to say, then best to say nothing.

Are you wanting the club to comment on their every thought? 

There is the very real possibility that any incoming deals are awaiting confirmation of those leaving.

Keep the heid. 

So in terms of first team players changing from the second half of last year, as far as I can see it would be: 

Josh hinds in, Grant savoury in, maybe this MacGregor guy in

Bannon out, Sheridan out, Robson out, Bruce out, mckinstry probably out, and then various loanees out 

There's still the possibility we're going to be using the loan market again this season, but otherwise a very concerning lack of depth in some positions. Obviously guys coming through the youth will do a job, and I think someone like McLeish would now be considered a regular first team player, but it's still concerningly little depth in some positions

On 23/06/2024 at 23:27, SpiderFromMars said:

Is there a chance to make this field our "new" home? Or is it public?

Always felt it was a lot more obvious to re-use Cathkin than Lesser...

Cathkin Park is owned by the Glasgow Parks Department and is currently rented out to The Jimmy Johnstone Academy which is run by an employee of WH and indeed is founded by WH as I understand it.

1 hour ago, starshot131 said:

So in terms of first team players changing from the second half of last year, as far as I can see it would be: 

Josh hinds in, Grant savoury in, maybe this MacGregor guy in

Bannon out, Sheridan out, Robson out, Bruce out, mckinstry probably out, and then various loanees out 

There's still the possibility we're going to be using the loan market again this season, but otherwise a very concerning lack of depth in some positions. Obviously guys coming through the youth will do a job, and I think someone like McLeish would now be considered a regular first team player, but it's still concerningly little depth in some positions

I’m keeping the faith on this given last year we had a flood of announcements in a short space of time.  I’d maybe say that with CD arriving then adding in January, the squad was a little bloated so I was fully expecting a sizeable number of departures.  You are right though, we remain a little light and it’ll be interesting to see what direction we go in, experience, youth or loanees. 

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Cathkin Park is owned by the Glasgow Parks Department and is currently rented out to The Jimmy Johnstone Academy which is run by an employee of WH and indeed is founded by WH as I understand it.

There was a fair amount of local outrage when the JJ Academy put a fence around the pitch so I can't imagine a full blown redevelopment of Cathkin would get very far - (assuming we had funds to do it)

On 24/06/2024 at 12:00, Arachnophile said:

We have a squad  of 20 according to the club website. This figure includes Bannon, Mckinstry &  Williamson.

if these 3 are all off, as seems likely, it leaves us with 17.

19 days until our first league cup match.

Some things never change - and that includes getting info from the club.