The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Davidson saying he’s hoping to sign 3-4 players of similar ilk to the rudden signing. Certainly sounds more reassuring compared to the interview a few days ago. Hopefully given he’s stated that, there’s a confidence that he’ll be able to get whoever he’s after 

16 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Davidson saying he’s hoping to sign 3-4 players of similar ilk to the rudden signing. Certainly sounds more reassuring compared to the interview a few days ago. Hopefully given he’s stated that, there’s a confidence that he’ll be able to get whoever he’s after 

Oh, please make this true - we need at least 3-4 decent players to add depth to the squad. We have some great young talent but the Dutch experiment showed we need to back that up with experience as they develop their skills.

I shall be the lone voice in not being devastated by losing Paton. Yes, we will miss him scoring but I think this is an opportunity for his goals to be replaced by others with a different formation being used. I agree with Callum that someone to go wide to relieve pressure has been lacking in the team and Paton did not do that. No criticism, he just was not that type of player. Gathering and controlling a long pass out of defence was not Paton's strongest point. He was a much better player going forward when he had support ( ie Sheridan ) around him. If Rudden can drag defences then there should be openings for Thomas, McLeish, MacGregor, Hinds, etc to capitalise on.

I am more concerned with defence. More so if Fox is out for a while which sadly looks likely. Hope I'm wrong there but I fear the worst. The signing of Udjur becomes vital now and a dedicated right back is essential.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll maybe be in the minority but I still rate Rudden and would’ve been happy if we’d signed him at some point. He’s got all the tools to do well at this level but I’ve heard from a few people now that he’s an absolute choob of a boy and has been poorly advised by his dad through his career. 

It’s a while ago now but I think teams keep signing him hoping for the player that Falkirk got but he seems a very different player to that now. You can guarantee that you’ve got (another) player who will score in all four games against us this season. 

He is a paper tiger, looks mean and tough but lost just about any physical challenge he was involved with us last season.

If Davidson could manage to get a tune out of a much derided Sheridan then hopefully he can do the same with Rudden. A Paton - Rudden combo up front would be my ideal but it's beginning to look like that's not happening. I agree that the priority is now the defence, and some signings are needed urgently to fix it. Of last season's central defenders Bannon and Robson have gone, Tizzard isn't fit yet, Fox looks to have picked up a bad one v Celtic, Wilson is carrying an injury and Thomson is preferred in midfield. That leaves Lewis Reid. We also need a right back. The season kicks off today and we've got Easter Road on Tuesday.

I enjoyed this YouTube video on the new stand at Somerset Park. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4y7jwHV-yo

A year and a day to finish it despite some challenges along the way. Of particular interest was the section in the last minute or so where the United chairman spoke about getting the fans involved and how important it was to give them a sense of ownership. A very different attitude from that of our club I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I'm ok with the Rudden transfer but as others have said, alongside Paton would have been awesome but on his own, or as a replacement I think there are still questions to be answered.

If he does end up being a replacement for Paton, whilst he seems highly unlikely to be as good as Paton, he is probably at least as good as anyone available in our price range.

As others have said, players like Paton are very hard to replace.

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Two new boys linking up well for the first goal. What's not to like?

Have a feeling MacGregor is going to end up being a phenomenal signing for us.

6 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Bring him home 🤣

The second was a penalty, which knowing what Trouten's like he probably masterfully dived to win in the first place as well!