The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

The absence of a well stocked supporters shop in the stadium on match days has struck me as being a bit weird. It's such an obvious revenue source that I can't understand why the club hasn't made better arrangements for this. There's a pop up media centre in Letherby Drive but no proper shop either inside or outside the stadium.

That new SLO is going to be busy...

More seriously, as a new-to-QP supporter, I couldn't believe how few opps there were to give the club money. If the club _is_ all about growing a fanbase, it should be hard for anyone to go there — particularly with kids — and _not_ leave with a bit of merchandise that helps plant the seed, that parents aren't worried about their kids wearing in the street here, and makes them feel part of something.

4 minutes ago, Byekick said:

More seriously, as a new-to-QP supporter, I couldn't believe how few opps there were to give the club money. If the club _is_ all about growing a fanbase, it should be hard for anyone to go there — particularly with kids — and _not_ leave with a bit of merchandise that helps plant the seed, that parents aren't worried about their kids wearing in the street here, and makes them feel part of something.

Ha! First we need a way to let them in the stadium, then we can think about smothering them with merchandise
It looks an awful lot like the club have given up on any idea of growing the fanbase, unless they can muster up 1000 seats overnight

2 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

How does the Rangers result last night affect the likelihood of us being back at HQ before the end of the year? 

Us big hoose Friday, them big hoose Sunday? 

This would, indeed, be (another) innovative new way to stop me and my (young) kids getting to the games. 

On 14/08/2024 at 10:59, Passionate said:

QP a few weeks were one off the teams tipped to struggle this season,   but have you guys just methodically taken your time bringing in players that will make a difference,    You seem to pulling Centre backs out a hat like a magician,  can you give McCabe a tip...

For the record the lad Dane on loan from Celtic is a very good player,   if it wasn't for injuries he would be playing at a lot higher level than championship. 

You never know playing at Lesser will probably help your season no end,  I always think it's 2 big a pitch for mere mortals I e.  Rangers last night.

If we continue to play 3 at the back then we'll need them all.  

Fox out long-term, Tizzard I believe was a hamstring so likely 6 weeks, Reid I'm not so sure about.  Thomson isn't really a CB although it now seems a default position.  Which leaves us Udjur, who's lacking fitness, new signing Fieldson (Sunderland youth) who we really know nothing about and if we squint we have Cammy Kerr and Zak Mauchin, both of whom are RB's, (although Mauchin seemed to do well at CB last weekend) and now Dane Murray on loan who had rave reviews after the Livvy game.  

Edited by Spider1975

4 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

How does the Rangers result last night affect the likelihood of us being back at HQ before the end of the year? 

Us big hoose Friday, them big hoose Sunday? 

Read something today on X that seemed to suggest that Ibrox was unlikely to be useable before Christmas

23 minutes ago, Byekick said:

I've actually got a bit of a fear about how this will pan out. There's so much wrong with the way the club is run at the moment - it almost feels unfair to put an SLO in front of the supporters.

9099k6.jpg

49 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Fox out long-term, Tizzard I believe was a hamstring so likely 6 weeks, Reid I'm not so sure about.  Thomson isn't really a CB although it now seems a default position.  Which leaves us Udjur, who's lacking fitness, new signing Fieldson (Sunderland youth) who we really know nothing about and if we squint we have Sammy Kerr and Zak Mauchin, both of whom are RB's, (although Mauchin seemed to do well at CB last weekend) and now Dane Murray on loan who had rave reviews after the Livvy game.  

Kerr has also been excellent at CB imo
From what I saw of him against Hibs, he suits that wide centre back in a 3 role way better than a full back/wing back

20 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Toffs did a run of the QP hoops top circa 1960 and it was sold in the souvenir shop but they have dropped it. Disappointing as the Supporters' Association paid for the initial preparation work. 

Last thing on this, I contacted Toffs about it and they replied today to say:

We no longer have the fabric available to manufacture this shirt.’

🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

The absence of a well stocked supporters shop in the stadium on match days has struck me as being a bit weird.

only stuff i wear now is the admiral home top, which admittedly is getting a little too tight for my liking 😬, and a grey jumper that keith used his handy salesman skills to punt to me for 15 quid at big hampden last season, if you could believe.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

You never know playing at Lesser will probably help your season no end,  I always think it's 2 big a pitch for mere mortals I e.  Rangers last night.

The pitch at Lesser is exactly the same size as the one in big Hampden.

18 hours ago, Byekick said:

Last thing on this, I contacted Toffs about it and they replied today to say:

We no longer have the fabric available to manufacture this shirt.’

🤷‍♂️

As I said, Toffs produced the retro hoops specifically for the souvenir shop a few years ago and charged accordingly. The hooped cloth was an issue then and this had to be made specially for us.

The club have said that they'd be setting up a retail outlet at the stadium. Selling goods at the ground is well overdue.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

7 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I've actually got a bit of a fear about how this will pan out. There's so much wrong with the way the club is run at the moment - it almost feels unfair to put an SLO in front of the supporters.

9099k6.jpg

Hopefully the establishment of the SLOs, and the proposed liaison group, will improve communication but this needs a change of mindset. No one should think that the SLOs can magic up an improvement in communication without this.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

5 hours ago, adamqpfc said:

only stuff i wear now is the admiral home top, which admittedly is getting a little too tight for my liking 😬, and a grey jumper that keith used his handy salesman skills to punt to me for 15 quid at big hampden last season, if you could believe.

Best £15 you ever spent. You've never been so popular with the guys / chicks (delete as appropriate) as when you wear it.

11 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Fox out long-term, Tizzard I believe was a hamstring so likely 6 weeks, Reid I'm not so sure about.  Thomson isn't really a CB although it now seems a default position.  Which leaves us Udjur, who's lacking fitness, new signing Fieldson (Sunderland youth) who we really know nothing about and if we squint we have Sammy Kerr and Zak Mauchin, both of whom are RB's, (although Mauchin seemed to do well at CB last weekend) and now Dane Murray on loan who had rave reviews after the Livvy game.  

I heard REID had a knee injury. I heard TIZZARD is only a couple of weeks.  Don’t think UDJUR is serious. Agree if CD playing 3 at the back, we need them fit.  With FOX out for the season, this is a cursed position!!!