The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Having been here for several years before DA joined I can confirm that.

A- thread jumping had always went on between fans of other clubs.

and

B- @Bring Your Own Socks may not have noticed point A as nobody cared about the QP thread before your recent ascent to the role of pantomime villains of Scottish fitba (I speak on the subject of pantomime villains with authority as a Airdrie fan).

Oh no you don't.

How’s Hepburn looked then? Find it extremely intriguing, not sure a player on the books of Bayern Munich has ever played at Gayfield 😂

Will he be challenging Mane anytime soon? Be the best player in this division? Or just looking more like a good young player?

How’s he looking? 

2 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Malachi Boateng linked with a loan deal to us. I was always impressed when I seen him - thoughts? 

He'd be an asset to you - cool, calm player but maybe the rough and tumble of the Premiership might constrain him a bit with a little less time on the ball. I'd still see him as being a positive signing.

31 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How’s Hepburn looked then? Find it extremely intriguing, not sure a player on the books of Bayern Munich has ever played at Gayfield 😂

Will he be challenging Mane anytime soon? Be the best player in this division? Or just looking more like a good young player?

How’s he looking? 

From what I’ve seen he’s got bags of skill and pace although of course it’s not certain how that will translate to competitive Championship matches with the extra physicality etc.

In the Livingston friendly I noticed a few times he was making brilliant runs/finding space but our other guys didn’t see the pass.

Edited by Spider Rico

9 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Malachi Boateng linked with a loan deal to us. I was always impressed when I seen him - thoughts? 

That really stings reading he might be joining you guys. Quite clearly far too good for the championship but just shows the fine margins of that last game between each other. Win that and we probably have Boateng back for next season 

He’s an outstanding player. The best young player I’ve seen at Queen’s Park since I’ve started going around 2004. An incredible amount of maturity and never ever loses the ball. If you ask majority of fans, Boateng was our player of the year by some margin

All the best to him. He deserves a crack at the top flight, he’ll have no issues at all with it 

18 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

He'd be an asset to you - cool, calm player but maybe the rough and tumble of the Premiership might constrain him a bit with a little less time on the ball. I'd still see him as being a positive signing.

9 minutes ago, qpfc said:

That really stings reading he might be joining you guys. Quite clearly far too good for the championship but just shows the fine margins of that last game between each other. Win that and we probably have Boateng back for next season 

He’s an outstanding player. The best young player I’ve seen at Queen’s Park since I’ve started going around 2004. An incredible amount of maturity and never ever loses the ball. If you ask majority of fans, Boateng was our player of the year by some margin

All the best to him. He deserves a crack at the top flight, he’ll have no issues at all with it 

Cheers guys. I always thought he was technically brilliant and composed etc - obviously not seeing him week in-week out like you did. He seems like a midfielder I think we are screaming out for so hopefully he does join. 

Falling in love with a loan player eh? Rule no.1. 

41 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How’s he looking? 

Based on what I seen against Livingston, I’m very excited to see him when the real stuff starts. Seems an incredibly confident player with some amount of pace. Him and Thomas as our wingers have the potential to be the most exciting attack in the league

I’d imagine he’ll be targeted by the opposition players early doors, so it’ll be interesting to see how he responds to some “strong” tackles. As much as he’s coming from an elite club as Bayern, if you’re not up for the fight, you’ll be eaten alive, even at this level 

8 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Controversy klaxon - I'm not sure Mal would be as good a fit in the team this year. Feels like Spong has been signed to be the 6 and build more from the back. Don't quite think Mal has the technique to do that. 

Seriously?

On 25/06/2023 at 20:59, harlowspider said:

Likely to get loaned out again. Opinion on the Palace forum is that it won’t be to an English Championship team so it could be EFL L1 or SPFL Premier. Could see him getting a regular game for several teams (including Dundee, said through gritted teeth).

I may be psychic.