The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Can anyone enlighten me, who is our current right back likely to be? 

Cammy Bruce started there against Ross County but suspect we are still trying to sign someone.

A few teams around this level looking for full backs I think 

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Cammy Bruce started there against Ross County but suspect we are still trying to sign someone.

A few teams around this level looking for full backs I think 

He put in a fair shift in that game and was completely knackered at the end. I thought he did really well.

14 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Can anyone enlighten me, who is our current right back likely to be? 

If we haven’t got a right back signed for the next couple of games, we’ve seen that Bannon is perfectly adequate filling in that role. That means you could play tizzard and fox in the middle 

24 minutes ago, QPEast said:

Still a long way to go in terms of squad building

IMG_1288.jpeg

so, if 1 -11 are the first team that gives you:

1: Ferrie

2: ??

3: Robson

4: Bannon

5: fox

6: Spong

7: Hepburn

8: Thomson

9: Paton

10: Savoury

11: Thomas

with the exception of Savoury (obviously) & a  right back that is a pretty likely starting 11.

It might suggest that the no. 2 jersey is being saved for a new right back as has often been discussed.

So tomorrow, does Bruce play right back  or does Bannon play there with Tizzard playing alongside Fox?

Who takes up Savoury's role? Jarrett? Turner? Longridge? or maybe Healy who came on as a sub against Livi & looked pretty good.

Can’t say I’ll look back at that game with much fondness. I’ve learned over the last couple years not to be too low or too high with these results as it tends to have no indication on how the league campaign pans out 

However, I can’t help but feel underwhelmed watching us on the stream today. Created so many chances but ultimately our decision making in the final third was pretty woeful. Added with some really basic errors with our passing 

I’m a big of Hepburn and today he showed he’s definitely got the ability, just needs to look up when the cross is there instead of the shot. Fox seemed to have the licence again to roam forward and looked his usual self. Tizzard looked good and essentially looks like another version of Fox. 

Cant say I was too enamoured by Spong. Looked a bit lightweight early doors and his passing seemed very hit or miss. Turner looked okay but should have definitely scored first half. 

Robson looked miles off it and wasn’t too surprised to see him hooked eventually. Looked like he was lacking fitness a fair bit. Paton was fairly anonymous for the most part 

One big positive was Callan McKenna. I was pleasantly surprised to see him in the lineup and his composure on the ball was brilliant again. Made an important stop 2nd half also. I’d like to see what he’s made against a side in Motherwell next week where he’ll face more shots. Only 16 years old which I just find mental 

Its a talented team but still needs some additions if we’re to make our mark in the championship this season

Edited by qpfc

East Fife really need to be winning games like these if we want to progress. 

The best part was Trouts stepping up to inevitably send the QP goalie the wrong way, and the goalie launching the ball into the stand. 

Will reluctantly accept the two points. 

It is what it is with that game. As stated, the build up play was really positive with some really good moves. Going to put the poor decision making in the attacking third down to the squad still gelling. Hepburn looks electric at times, but needs to develop a bit of consistency, he faded out of the game for a chunk of the second half. 

I felt Tizzard grew more into the game, as there was a few times his defending/positioning looked a bit suspect early doors. 

Paton was fairly starved of service but should’ve scored that header. He puts it back across the keeper, that’s a goal. 

Two awful penalties, while McKenna was very unfortunate not to save one as well. 

Great to see some of our younger guys getting a chance. McLeish could do a bit of damage this season from the bench with his pace, but well done Callan McKenna! Massively important saves and looked fairly comfortable with the ball at his feet. He’s certainly given Veldman something to think about. 

A couple more QUALITY additions required methinks. Right back and striker preferably. 

Before this game, I had a horrible feeling we might get caught out this season. Going to be a very young team in what feels like a more difficult Championship (I appreciate it might not be hugely younger than last year, but there's more change this year compared to last. It fells like we hit the jackpot a bit with Mal and now we're hoping we can do it with three more) and today hasn't really reassured me hugely.

Will McKenna be first choice this season? I was really impressed with him in the friendly against Livingston. He’s a great size for his age, excellent with his feet (even if he did give me the fear every time, he always worked his way out of trouble) and made some good saves too.

Queen’s Park are definitely the most interesting team in the league this season, I think most teams are hard to call at the moment but really interested to see where they are after the first quarter. 

I'm not worried at all about today. Always expected us to take a bit of time to adjust to this new style of play, and we saw plenty of it. Disappointing that we didn't score and we've probably no chance of getting through the group now, but that's fine. Fairly sure we'll be looking for a right back and another striker.

8 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Will McKenna be first choice this season? I was really impressed with him in the friendly against Livingston. He’s a great size for his age, excellent with his feet (even if he did give me the fear every time, he always worked his way out of trouble) and made some good saves too.

No chance. The boy is dynamite for his age, bur Calum Ferrie is definitely our number one. Would be surprised if he's not on the bench though, which in itself impressive for a 16 year old! He looked very commanding today, and there's a reason he keeps getting a game for Scotland at his age group. A very exciting prospect.

I had no idea your keeper was only 16. He looks like an experienced guy in his mid 20s. Bit of shithousing at the penalties that didn't go his way but I like players with a but of edge. Looks like a very good prospect.

22 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I had no idea your keeper was only 16. He looks like an experienced guy in his mid 20s. Bit of shithousing at the penalties that didn't go his way but I like players with a but of edge. Looks like a very good prospect.

He was out in Hungary this summer at the under 17s European Championships with Scotland. Looks an incredible talent for his age.