The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

8 hours ago, pmonigatti said:

Tend to agree with you on this. I think the extra flak that McKinstry gets is because of expectation rather than anything else. He does need to improve his game but he certainly needs time to do that properly which is difficult to do in a team that has struggled as a whole over the season. I hope folk can take into account that both McKinstry and Turner are 21 years old with very little senior football experience but with time both can develop into good pros. 

It'll be interesting if the club are likely to bring in another striker where that player may come from. I can't think of any obvious candidates from the top division dropping down or from league 1 stepping up similarly to Paton so I think we'll see someone unknown to us completely coming from down south. Possibly another academy type like Turner/Spong/Tizzard.

What about the boy from Cove, Rumarn Burrell, 21 goals last season, and only 23?

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

That EK stadium proposal looks like pie in the sky nonsense. I'll believe it when I see it.

The Keans have been looking to build a stadium in EK for what seems like decades now. They wanted to do it for Clyde (I think they are Clyde fans) who were touting themselves to EK and, either before that or at the same time,  the Keans wanted to buy junior side EK Thistle. The idea was being promoted that the two teams would ground share at the Langlands site they're talking about now. EK Thistle wouldn't play ball and the Clyde move didn't come off, so they set up the present EKFC themselves. The ground they have isn't up to much and they've resurrected their earlier plan for a ground at Langlands, which is as remote as you'll get in EK....and that is very remote indeed.

Best of luck to them. Back in the day, EK had their own development agency and they might have helped, but the local authority ,South Lanarkshire Council, won't be in any hurry to contribute a bean. 

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

What about the boy from Cove, Rumarn Burrell, 21 goals last season, and only 23?

Yeah I've watched him all season now and he is class, it looks like he plays as a cam/cf and tbh even with 21 goals I still don't see him starting over Dom, great player mind you.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The Keans have been looking to build a stadium in EK for what seems like decades now. They wanted to do it for Clyde (I think they are Clyde fans) who were touting themselves to EK and, either before that or at the same time,  the Keans wanted to buy junior side EK Thistle. The idea was being promoted that the two teams would ground share at the Langlands site they're talking about now. EK Thistle wouldn't play ball and the Clyde move didn't come off, so they set up the present EKFC themselves. The ground they have isn't up to much and they've resurrected their earlier plan for a ground at Langlands, which is as remote as you'll get in EK....and that is very remote indeed.

Always good to hear about someone else benefitting from Clyde's misfortune/mismanagement 😁

11 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

EK Thistle wouldn't play ball

A pity in a number of ways. EKFC's current ground is like a mini-lochinch in a country park with little around it and nothing in the way of transport links. Redeveloping EK Thistle's pitch at Showground's just north of the village would have been ideal. Plenty of land, near the bus and train stations, with decent pubs & restaurants in the village adjacent. Actually would have made EK at half decent away day. A missed opportunity perhaps.

EK Thistle's Show Park is owned by, I think, an agricultural outfit and used for, funnily enough, their country shows.  They've resisted efforts to buy it.  The location is absolutely ideal for public transport and pubs etc but the lack of parking and the proximity of housing means there is no chance of a bigger ground being built there.

On 16/05/2024 at 12:13, Dooflick said:

Something similar is what we should have built on the West side of Lesser instead of the Royal Box.

Exactly, massive missed opportunity 😔 Leeann Dempster's legacy or is that harsh?

14 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Exactly, massive missed opportunity 😔 Leeann Dempster's legacy or is that harsh?

Even what was there previously would have been superior to the "bigger and better" ground that Dempster and our committee have left us with.

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Even what was there previously would have been superior to the "bigger and better" ground that Dempster and our committee have left us with.

Probably quite an expensive option, but if its possible to build a stand around the 'royal box' similar to that which Ayr have just built would be good approach.

I could be wrong but i'm sure part of the problem with that side of the ground is not being able to build something close to the church. Is that definitely the issue on that side?

1 hour ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Not in the slightest. Every good thing that happened while she was here was in spite of her. Bad call after bad call. A charlatan. No coincidence that the general mood and communication around the club, although not perfect, is miles better than it has been. 

5 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Don't think it's overly harsh, especially when you consider the complete lack of communication about just about anything at the club, which has improved over the last few months even if it's still imperfect.

Imo that whole Hunter/Dempster/Beuker regime was cursed from the start by the fact that none of them have probably ever paid into a qp game in their lives. At least you can't say that about Shields, so maybe he'll listen to the fans a bit more on stuff like a stadium