The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Adidas are not supplying kit for all teams

image.png.9a22b4a765e227938f862984bc8ac09f.png

image.png.c56983130e23c40e59427305e605165f.png

Are Adidas the only company that can make & supply decent training gear?

You are correct, I had forgotten about the Community Teams, which are not party to the present arrangements. 

And yes, it would appear that Addidas are one of the few that could guarantee training kit supplies.

There have been many documented cases of poor supplies for clubs across Scotland and beyond.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

We’re currently getting away with it because it’s not skewing the hugely in our favour. Say we go up and have three home games against the OF, it could equate to as much as £2.5million in gate receipts. Maybe more. That would give us a substantial sporting advantage over every other team around us. The cause of that advantage will have been our inability to build a stadium properly. The question, quite legitimately, will be why should we be benefitting from our own incompetence and should the national association be an accessory to that? 

People will argue about us being shafted out of Hampden. True, to a point. However, it was ultimately our naivety that brought us to the position that allowed us to be shafted. This problem is almost guaranteed to become a crisis again. 

Unfortunately we'll never see anything like £2.5 million in gate receipts - the SFA will make sure they take most of the gate money in such a scenario....unless WH has leverage with the SFA ........

27 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

Unfortunately we'll never see anything like £2.5 million in gate receipts - the SFA will make sure they take most of the gate money in such a scenario....unless WH has leverage with the SFA ........

Depends on the deal, aye. You’d imagine it would have to be seven figure, but also profitable for us, which would mean the rent would have to be substantial. If we were relegated, the renegotiation might also become difficult if we were in a position of weakness. You use all of the leverage you have in these situations. 

I think the SFA are happy with this currently being low key. The fact that it looks dodgy, whether it is or isn’t, would have to be weighed against the benefits, when more people started to notice it. Perception is almost as important as reality. What’s really in it for them? Do they *need* Lesser Hampden? No. Do we need a stadium? Yes. There’s trouble coming down the road.

57 minutes ago, charliewheelen said:

Cracking update: going by the podcast twitter, Robin Veldman himself has listened to, or is at least aware of, the podcast. Thank God Dom had all praise for him 😅

This was a really good listen.

It was enlightening to get Dom's view of Veldman. And while he was diplomatic enough with what he said (and didn't say), there was enough there to understand the constraints the manager was under.

16 hours ago, an86 said:

Depends on the deal, aye. You’d imagine it would have to be seven figure, but also profitable for us, which would mean the rent would have to be substantial. If we were relegated, the renegotiation might also become difficult if we were in a position of weakness. You use all of the leverage you have in these situations. 

I think the SFA are happy with this currently being low key. The fact that it looks dodgy, whether it is or isn’t, would have to be weighed against the benefits, when more people started to notice it. Perception is almost as important as reality. What’s really in it for them? Do they *need* Lesser Hampden? No. Do we need a stadium? Yes. There’s trouble coming down the road.

The SFA now have significant overheads to cover just to maintain Hampden in it's present state. I believe they couldn't initially raise the £5m to buy it from us without the  generosity of Lord Willie Haughey and Sir Tom Hunter who stumped up half the cash between them.

Technically, we have a stadium (of sorts) and it would be great to see it taking shape into something more     ' fit for purpose '.

The way I see it, us targeting promotion, playing in Hampden, and the more money those bigger crowds would generate has to be the aim going forward.

Given that the SFA were absolutely adamant at the time of sale that we wouldn't be playing at Hampden again, and given the location and quality of their new training facilities, I'm not sure that I agree that they don't need Lesser  (or us for that matter).

35 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Daily Record reporting Stuart McKinstry wanted by Partick, Dunfermline, and Carlisle. We can only hope.

I realise Carlisle isn't quite as far as Leeds, but he apparently didn't enjoy his time down south at all, so I'd imagine he'll end up staying in Scotland one way or another.

I also see its being reported that the club are poised to make Darren O'Donnell the new Director of Football.

He's the head of Mercury sports management who have been the clubs main source of talent the past 12-18 months. They are Mackenzie Carse and Aaron Healy's agency to name but a few.

Will be interesting to see if that comes to fruition.

4 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

I also see its being reported that the club are poised to make Darren O'Donnell the new Director of Football.

He's the head of Mercury sports management who have been the clubs main source of talent the past 12-18 months. They are Mackenzie Carse and Aaron Healy's agency to name but a few.

Will be interesting to see if that comes to fruition.

That's a wowser of a potential conflict of interest right there.

9 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Companies House address at a Clyde Gateway development. Fancy that. 

21 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Whats the worry folks...QP is well run in relation to the administration of rules...

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Daily Record reporting Stuart McKinstry wanted by Partick, Dunfermline, and Carlisle. We can only hope.

He hasn't impressed me or many others last season so he would need to improve significantly to become a starting 11 player . I'm not sure he has the desire or the drive. There is some talent obviously but he is keeping his competitiveness and work rate  hidden from Queens Park supporters

19 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

You are correct, strange move.

12 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Whats the worry folks...QP is well run in relation to the administration of rules...

I understand there’s also a family connection to someone heavily involved in the running of the club. 

22 minutes ago, It is our time to shine said:

He hasn't impressed me or many others last season so he would need to improve significantly to become a starting 11 player . I'm not sure he has the desire or the drive. There is some talent obviously but he is keeping his competitiveness and work rate  hidden from Queens Park supporters

What's the bet that as soon as he's playing for someone else it just magically clicks and he puts about 5 past us over the course of the season

22 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Adidas are not supplying kit for all teams

image.png.9a22b4a765e227938f862984bc8ac09f.png

image.png.c56983130e23c40e59427305e605165f.png

Are Adidas the only company that can make & supply decent training gear?

The Community teams aren't actually part of the Club though, they come under the Foundation which is a separate entity and can enter into a different arrangement for kit supply (not to mention the fact that the Foundation wouldn’t/couldn't  shell out for Adidas kits for a 150 kids).

I assume the claim about Macron not being able to supply enough stock is with regards to the accademy and b team and all their coaches etc. as these squads are all part of the Club.

Of course just to confuse things, the women's team are part of the Foundation, but wear Adidas the same as the teams under the Club. I assume they wear Adidas to (rightly) show greater parity with the men's team, where as there isn't the same need for the illusion of parity between the Community teams and the accademy.

For what it’s worth, in my opinion the Community kit is much better than both this seasons Adidas kit and last year's 1st team Macron kit (and a huge upgrade on the previous cheap nasty Community kits)

How does being a football agent in any way qualify someone to take over the role of DOF? Even beyond the Haughey family connection, that is absolutely absurd; I hope the story is utter nonsense as it would be genuinely embarrassing for the club.