The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Spidersmad said:

Royal Boxes with chandeliers and cordon bleu dining don't come cheap you know. I take it that the £8.5 million doesn't include the money already paid to the first contractor, Bell Building? That honkingly awful 959 seater stand (plus Royal Box plus new pitch plus dressing rooms?) seems to have come at an eye watering cost to the club. Say it isn't so!

It isn't so 🤥🤥

39 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Nikola Udjur rumoured to be leaving Caley for QP (on their P&B thread). Aussie defender - I don't recall much about the guy in our games against them.

He's under contract so that would require an actual fee. I didn't remember him either but apparently he scored one of the goals that time they embarrassed us at Hampden.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

He's under contract so that would require an actual fee. I didn't remember him either but apparently he scored one of the goals that time they embarrassed us at Hampden.

I'd imagine Inverness are looking to get people off the books given their financial situation... Hopefully the fee will be minimal

11 hours ago, starshot131 said:

I'd imagine Inverness are looking to get people off the books given their financial situation... Hopefully the fee will be minimal

Your probably right. However if we need to pay an affordable fee to get the right players in then so be it. We need to avoid repeating the despair of last season (or at least I do) and be safely in the top half of this league. 

On 28/06/2024 at 16:24, mcjameos said:

Pretty confident Lesser continues to be owned by QPFC and forms part of the £12.5m tangible fixed assets (buildings) shown on the latest balance sheet.

However QPFC are only tennants of Lochinch. It was owned by the Scottish Police Recreation Association before ownership transferred to The City Charitable Trust (per March 2023 SPRA accounts) which is run from Haughey's City Facilities Management.

When Haughey leaves we should therefore still have Lesser (ignoring suitability issues) to play and train at.

Sounds like whoever has done the accounts has employed the depreciation cost method which means they can put the value of the freehold as the cost it would take to refurbish or repair at current market value.

This was employed in PTFC 2022 accounts and magically valued our Freehold at 14,000,000 when in reality it is around 4.5 million.

Screenshot_20240630_094549_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.386bfe1368353e57d82822eb01c19b6e.jpg

This was part of the issues that lead to fan ownership as it is effectively a (huge) pie in the sky way of accounting.

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Sounds like whoever has done the accounts has employed the depreciation cost method which means they can put the value of the freehold as the cost it would take to refurbish or repair at current market value.

This was employed in PTFC 2022 accounts and magically valued our Freehold at 14,000,000 when in reality it is around 4.5 million.

This was part of the issues that lead to fan ownership as it is effectively a (huge) pie in the sky way of accounting.

You may be right (and I agree with you about the use of replacement cost for valuing assets). However that is not my reading of the situation. The assets are reported at cost but the accounting policies of the latest accounts do not make clear if they have employed historic or replacement cost. My reading of @Bring Your Own Socks comments are the increase in buildings value in the latest accounts is due to the additional costs that have actually been incurred on the Lesser redevopment debacle rather than inflating the existing asset value.

I've just seen something about Paton being linked with Hibs on one of these 'championship news' pages. I'm really hoping there's nothing in it, but if there is I'd hope we're charging at least double what we got for Murray. Worried that we just can't get a replacement for a guy like Paton, and I don't know that McLeish is good enough yet

22 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

I've just seen something about Paton being linked with Hibs on one of these 'championship news' pages. I'm really hoping there's nothing in it, but if there is I'd hope we're charging at least double what we got for Murray. Worried that we just can't get a replacement for a guy like Paton, and I don't know that McLeish is good enough yet

If you believe Twitter, half of the clubs in League One and Two down south want him as well. Unless he desperately wants to leave or there's a buy out clause in his contract I'm very much of the belief that we should be knocking everything back this summer.

Replacing one of the best strikers in the league with an untested loanee or academy type from down south is the last thing our wafer thin squad needs right now, and wouldn't exactly send a message about our ambitions for the upcoming season to any potential new signings either.

22 minutes ago, BMG Spider said:

Coaching staff appears to be in place. Any chance the club could maybe now think about getting one or two more players in? (Higher number would be acceptable)

We’re a weird club, so I’m hoping that we’re just being weird about this and announcing contracts after a start date of July 1, whereas normal clubs would just announce them before that anyway. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

We’re a weird club, so I’m hoping that we’re just being weird about this and announcing contracts after a start date of July 1, whereas normal clubs would just announce them before that anyway. 

Aye some at the club still seem to have a mindset of being worried about “alerting other clubs to player’s availability” like in the amateur days.

2 hours ago, BMG Spider said:

Coaching staff appears to be in place. Any chance the club could maybe now think about getting one or two more players in? (Higher number would be acceptable)

Goalkeeping Coach and Sports Scientist still missing but I agree with you about signings. I tend to think (hope) a few have been made and will be announced this coming week.