The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Very similar approach. All played a strong side in the first half. We mixed things up a bit more in all three games.

Even in the first half we only had about 6 players who were regular starters last season.

We also seemed to have changed from 5 at the back to 4. Hinds looked quick & got in some good positions but didn't impress wildly.  The other trialists all looked young, most showed some good touches but the second half team looked like 11 players who had never played together before so its really hard to judge them on that. I agree that Mauchin played pretty well although he will have sterner tasks ahead if he is to earn a regular start.

Hopefully, there is no great significance in the absence of Thomson, Wilson, Tizzard, Savoury and Welsh . 

Perhaps not surprising that there was also no sign of McKinstry, Healy or Williamson.

3 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

We also seemed to have changed from 5 at the back to 4.

All of a sudden I feel a great wave of affection for Callum Davidson sweeping over me

A chance to play a creative midfielder instead of 3CBs??? Count me in!

14 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

I am getting way ahead of myself, but with Bannon away that could be making room for McGowan. I’d always liked McGowan, but hoped this meant we’d be seeing more of Lewis Reid. I felt he could really become a good player 

Main concern with Lewis Reid is his lack of pace, was very evident at times last night.

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Daily Record suggesting some sort of temporary Hampden solution for Rangers stadium problems.

More convoluted stadium arrangements incoming perhaps 

Heard from a Rangers neighbour, that he heard the were saying at Ibrox and going to play with only 3 stands because the police were not happy with them playing in Edinburgh with the resulting traffic on the M8.

Daily Record suggesting some sort of temporary Hampden solution for Rangers stadium problems.

Not sure what the exact contents of our deal looks like, but if we have priority, we should not be bending to the will of anyone else. If anyone’s moving to Friday or Sunday, it absolutely should not be us. 

If Hampden is an option for that other team then there appear top be three clash of dates up to end of October (I used October with the idea that they might be better at rebuilding stands than QP).  The first one (10th Aug) we're scheduled to play at Lesser  - we could go to Livi and let them have Lesser for the day (for a fee) - nice changing rooms and directors box, I hear.

Not sure of the other dates - either could switch to an away game I suppose or perhaps a Friday/Sunday arrangement? Whatever the solution is, I reserve the right to complain anyway.

image.thumb.png.3de1352d1edb7126764b14094d4afaa7.png

22 minutes ago, an86 said:

Not sure what the exact contents of our deal looks like, but if we have priority, we should not be bending to the will of anyone else. If anyone’s moving to Friday or Sunday, it absolutely should not be us. 

I suspect the pull of accommodating the demands of TV money for Rangers games might carry greater sway with the SFA than a principled sense of fair play to us.

12 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I suspect the pull of accommodating the demands of TV money for Rangers games might carry greater sway with the SFA than a principled sense of fair play to us.

The agreement is the agreement. Really comes down to what the terms are and if we’re asked to bend the terms. If we are, I’d expect something to be knocked off the fee. Shouldn’t be doing anything as a favour to anyone. If we offer hospitality packages to Rangers fans, I’m going to projectile vomit all over the gaff. There’s a cost of dignity and self-respect over the value of cash. 

7 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I would think magically QP will be on BBC Scotland  live Friday night games a few times before the New Year

I personally could live with a few more Friday night games at Hampden. Easy enough to get to and leaves the weekend free for other things. But I would want the club suitably compensated for the inconvenience. 

14 minutes ago, Take Me Home Cathcart Road said:

I see what you are saying but along with Mauchin I thought Reid had a very good game.

Mauchin did look decent but he should given the level of opposition. Thought Reid was solid in the first half. His distribution in the second half was poor at times though. Gave the ball away and also had a very poor pass back that went for a corner, which probably means Steve Clarke will give him a cap.