The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Sorry but the keeping things secret “in case other teams snap them up” argument went out the window in 2019 

We went pro in 2019, but most of the commitee have been around the club since the last century and  are still thinking like were still amateurs

11 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

with excellent hospitality facilities too I hear.

Bet they don't have a chandelier in their VIP hospitality suite. Probably wasted the money on putting seats in for fans or something silly like that. 

18 hours ago, Zanetti said:

We're paying to use the stadium never mind making any sort of profit out of other events there.

WH is paying the cost of the new pitch in Hampden, as I understand, it and in return the SFA are letting us play there.

When it comes to secrecy, obfuscation and economy with the truth around bungled stadium construction projects our committee could show the Ibrox board a thing or two.

Just now, Spidersmad said:

When it comes to secrecy, obfuscation and economy with the truth around bungled stadium construction projects our committee could show the Ibrox board a thing or two.

Correct

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

WH is paying the cost of the new pitch in Hampden, as I understand, it and in return the SFA are letting us play there.

Not cheap to lay a new pitch and very generous of him if true.

2 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Season starts in 4 days unfortunately 

Who needs things like a permanent stadium or football players when you’re a hospitality company? 

13 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Nothing mentioned on the Hibs site re ticketing arrangements for away fans for the three home games listed. Sounds like a Hibs problem rather than a QP one.

Not according to Hibernian, whom I emailed yesterday. Still, as long as we’re punting the hospitality packages rather than ticketing arrangements I’ll suppose it’s all tickety-boo!, this below was their response.

image.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Not according to Hibernian, whom I emailed yesterday. Still, as long as we’re punting the hospitality packages rather than ticketing arrangements I’ll suppose it’s all tickety-boo!, this below was their response.

image.jpeg

Poor, very very poor. 

Is there any reason, really, why there's not links to tickets for Peterhead and Hibs yet? 

27 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

image.jpeg

Another example of it. Something punters want to know? They’re not interested. Game is a week tonight and Hibs have the tickets on sale already. In isolation, you could shrug and accept they’ll be out in good time. It’s a pattern of behaviour, though. 

They know they have the money of the band of folk who’ll be at Easter Road and they know that they pretty much always will. Not even sure it’s contempt, or if it’s just total indifference. What’s the point in even complaining now? “We’ll improve communication” has been the line for several years and it’s turned out to be complete bollocks. 

37 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

image.jpeg

For what it's worth I contacted them too and was told the price is £18 for adults. Hopefully they go on sale soon.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

I bought tickets for the Peterhead game last night by going to their website. Didn't see anything from QP.

Yeah no info from the club as to how to get tickets - but they do tell us where the ground is
image.thumb.png.ff49a91e41b2e0e3484c134525541708.png

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

I bought tickets for the Peterhead game last night by going to their website. Didn't see anything from QP.

Too busy rolling out a green carpet and polishing the chandeliers for Baron Haughey’s mates to bother about the competitive game of football in four days time. Really excited about seeing Stephen Welsh and Scott Bain in the flesh tonight. What an honour. 

If you are looking for something to generate some optimism ahead of the season then I suggest you don’t read the interview with Calum Davidson.

Reads like a plea for help more than anything else

Right. Now I’m concerned. Summer recruitment should have started in January. We brought in one of Haughey’s relatives to oversee it when the season finished. What the f**k are we doing?

Five years into “the project” and we have no permanent home, no real on-field identity, no communication strategy and seemingly no recruitment strategy. You’d think the committee might have taken the message from the recent election, but it’s business as usual. 

Great opportunity to build on a marked improvement in the second half of last season while top tier talent like Ferrie, Thomson, Thomas and Paton are all still under contract and we've somehow managed to do absolutely nothing.

Davidson clearly not to blame for any of this, that's a brutal interview. Can't say I blame anyone who thinks we're favourites for the drop, I'd probably bite your hand off for 8th right now which is quite depressing.