The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

I really feel for Davidson. He has kept a positive approach despite obviously despairing at his situation with the centre of defence. Bannon away, Wilson away, Fox long term out ( will we see him in hoops again? ), Tizzard injured, Reid injured?, and a brand new unfit signing. I believe him when he says it is not for the lack of trying that there have been no more signings. No team in any league can cope with that and until we get some bodies in we will not get the best of Thomson, Kerr, etc. and subsequently the feed to the front. I think we have better potential than last season but with a tricky programme coming up I hope that confidence remains high otherwise we are in danger of spiralling into a very nasty place.

Am not too disappointed by the result last night.

Our defence is changing each game, so is bound to look disjointed.

Our passing at times was quick,  need to be doing this for longer periods of the game. 

Falkirk looked knackered by the 80th minute, not a chance they are winning this league, no matter what the TV pundits think. 

Biggest worry is the lack of any experienced options from the bench.

I'm really disillusioned with our fanbase at present. Some of the comments on here and the shouts from the "young" team up the back last night beggars belief. "Sign players" , "booooo", unbelievably this one I heard too "  haughey out". Really!! Do you think if haughey left we'd be able to pay a player like dom thomas's wages?Apparently he's one of highest paid players in the league. We need a reality check.We have a fanbase of roughly 800 I'd say. We're punching above our weight even being in this league and yet some people have been calling for the managers head.Its similar to a club like Bournemouth fans in the epl now thinking they have a devine right to be in the top league when in reality they are probably 2 leagues above where they should be.Lets just calm down and enjoy where we are,if we finish 8th in this league every year with the current fanbase we have I'd be delighted .I've been supporting this club over 40 years and this is the most exciting times I've ever had.Lets just get behind the team and cut out the nonsense negative shouts please.

18 minutes ago, spiderman1867 said:

I'm really disillusioned with our fanbase at present. Some of the comments on here and the shouts from the "young" team up the back last night beggars belief. "

Aye, some of the negative shouts are getting ridiculous. Heard a 'build a ground' right at the start of the game last night, I reckon we can save those shouts for when we're at home and get behind the team in the first game of the season

34 minutes ago, spiderman1867 said:

I'm really disillusioned with our fanbase at present. Some of the comments on here and the shouts from the "young" team up the back last night beggars belief. "Sign players" , "booooo", unbelievably this one I heard too "  haughey out". Really!! Do you think if haughey left we'd be able to pay a player like dom thomas's wages?Apparently he's one of highest paid players in the league. We need a reality check.We have a fanbase of roughly 800 I'd say. We're punching above our weight even being in this league and yet some people have been calling for the managers head.Its similar to a club like Bournemouth fans in the epl now thinking they have a devine right to be in the top league when in reality they are probably 2 leagues above where they should be.Lets just calm down and enjoy where we are,if we finish 8th in this league every year with the current fanbase we have I'd be delighted .I've been supporting this club over 40 years and this is the most exciting times I've ever had.Lets just get behind the team and cut out the nonsense negative shouts please.

Don’t agree with a single bit of this. The “young team” up the back were the ones making noise and getting behind the team. It would have been largely silent without them. Heard very few shouts at the team and most of it was quite deservedly aimed at the blazers. 

We may be two levels above where we should be, but the fans have never felt less part of things or important. That’s where the frustration is. The people you’re criticising travel up and down the country and were doing so when we were stinking out League Two in 13/14 as well. This has nothing to do with what’s going on on the park. 

I’ve also genuinely heard nobody calling for Davidson’s head. In fact, I think there’s a reasonable consensus that he’s been let down by the lack of a plan from above. The summer strategy should have been in place almost as soon as Davidson was appointed. Instead, a relative of Haughey with no experience at a football club was parachuted in, in June. 

The team got support last night, the club got a tiny bit of stick. Not before time. They’re lucky people have been this patient. Fans have tried being constructive in asking for meetings etc. When nothing changes, what do you suggest they do? It may be the happiest you’ve been in forty years, but I’ve been going since the 90s and I’ve never been so disillusioned. It’s about so much more than on the field. We’re a club run primarily in the interests of people outside of the fan base. That’s not good enough and the shouts will only get louder if it doesn’t change. 

Just now, spiderman1867 said:

Aye. We were sh!te a few years ago so anything more than that and we should be grateful. 🙄 We are one of the tamest supports ever regarding dishing out abuse! The fans constantly get behind the team. Majority of negative shouts are towards the “hierarchy” who have hung Davidson (who has been publicly begging for players) out to dry. We are absolutely wasting Jack Thompson because we have no one else to play centre half! 

Happy clapping pish. Hope you enjoyed your Werthers. 

I agree in principle with leaving everything else at the door and backing the team for 90 minutes. The problem is that no other channels of communication exist for fans to vent their frustrations with how the club is run, so even though I'm personally always too invested in the game itself to worry about other things, I find it hard to blame anyone who takes the one opportunity they get to voice their complaints.

On the park, there's little debate that this is the best we've had it as supporters in a very, very long time (realistically, in the lifetime of anyone who's still alive!). The people running things sometimes make it difficult to enjoy that fact with their never ending nonsense and disdain for us though.

It's all about opinions and how people see things during the game .

There's a couple of points that spiderman1867 noted that i agree with and same goes for an67.

I never thought i would be seeing QP in championship in all of my 50+ years supporting the team .

however what's behind all this is a lack of comms to the fans about where we are playing home games, lack of signings etc  and this is causing folk to become hacked aff  and disillusioned. As the weeks go this gets more and more annoying and despite  words with wee speccy at the kelty game  i'm even more hacked aff.

ach well there's always next week 

On 31/07/2024 at 13:58, Arachnophile said:

so, if i am reading this correctly, I have to physically go to the ground to but tickets for the Aberdeen game.

image.png.6fc395153ac17503931562de8739b198.png

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/aberdeen-v-queens-park-17-aug-24-tickets/

If anyone has a problem with this, contact the Supporters' Association and we'll help out.  We can collect your ticket and hand it over before the game provided we know who you are. But don't tell Aberdeen FC.

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

If anyone has a problem with this, contact the Supporters' Association and we'll help out.  We can collect your ticket and hand it over before the game provided we know who you are. But don't tell Aberdeen FC.

shocker that a supposed big team does not do online sales

2 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

Am not too disappointed by the result last night.

Our defence is changing each game, so is bound to look disjointed.

Our passing at times was quick,  need to be doing this for longer periods of the game. 

Falkirk looked knackered by the 80th minute, not a chance they are winning this league, no matter what the TV pundits think. 

Biggest worry is the lack of any experienced options from the bench.

Don’t know about us winning the league but that was no more than a reasonable performance from us last night, much, much better to come from that team.

Would like to see Mauchin start the next few games (whilst kerr is filling in at the back). Thought the game passed Turner by last night which happens from time to time so wouldn’t be against bringing in another player for the midfield  until Savoury is ready. Rudden can’t be the only option up front either so its imperative that another striker is found. 

Off the top of my head i’d like to see the lad Turley brought in on loan from Celtic as he would fit the Turner position, also Dane Murray too as another centre back option wouldn’t hurt. 

One thing that does give me some hope is that McGinlay was on the bench last night. On another night he may have got some gametime. He could prove to be the next valuable youth product in the team.

5 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Off the top of my head i’d like to see the lad Turley brought in on loan from Celtic as he would fit the Turner position, also Dane Murray too as another centre back option wouldn’t hurt. 

I thought the boy Turley looked poor against us, despite the goal. He obviously scored after me turning to my mate and slaughtering him. Looks a prototype over coached academy player who has decent technical ability but zero knowledge of how to play a game of eleven a side fitba. I know it’ll be pointed out that he’s just signed a four year deal, but we’re talking about a football club who gave Johnny Kenny a five year contract. 

Could get more on board with Dane Murray. He’s 21 years old and unlikely to make it at Celtic, so any loan could end up a full-time move if he’s decent and we’re in desperate need of defenders. I’m willing to cut slack on the defensive options because of injuries, but even without that our bench is so weak. Truly inept transfer business and making it up as we go along as usual. 

45 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Spotted the president's wife in the dugout last night. Anyone know what her role is?

She deals with the kit. Previously dealt with sending out the online shirt sales when we sold about 2000 of the quirky away tops and the last season of the Irn Bru tops .  Deserves a medal.

Edited by Hampden Diehard